last time at stud...

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

blackdirt beagles

last time at stud...

Post by blackdirt beagles »

Bramlett's Grizzly Bear will no longer be at public stud after March of 2003. Stud fee is $125 cash. If you would like to breed to him please make arrangements this winter. Bear is AKC/ARHA registered. He has an extremely loud bawl mouth that a high % of his pups get. He is on the high end of medium speed and runs close to the line. Close on checks and handles as good as anything I have ever hunted with. No trash ever. I am in the process of AKC DNA profiling him. His pedigree can be viewed at http://www.blackdirtbeagles.homestead.com and then click on Bear's link. I have never trialed him, but he has placed in ARHA LP hunts in 4 different states with his previous owner(i've owned him 6 years now). Only lacks a 1st to finish but i rarely trial. Dont miss a chance to breed to a true gundog.

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Brian, Grizzly Bear has basically the same pedigree as my Redd Man's sire. (and don't they look a lot alike?) Check out his pedigree on my hounds page and the paragraph I wrote about his running style. Last I heard Redd's sire was never trialed but was gunned extensively by his owner. Redd is also a great gun dog solo or with a pack. Hope you get some breedings on Bear, 'cause the world could use more like'em!

Big Dog

grizzly bear

Post by Big Dog »

Hey Bev, who is your red mans sire?

Big Dog
Black and Tans, Blue Ticks, and a few others bringing smoke

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

McCutchens Eastview Redhawk.

blackdirt beagles

Post by blackdirt beagles »

Bev, you're right twice. They do look alike and the pedigree is almost identical. They go back to Kermit Smith's hounds. Thats where Don and his brother got some of their foundation stock.