Giving Iams food a try, we'll see....

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

BCBeagles

Giving Iams food a try, we'll see....

Post by BCBeagles »

After talking extensively with a Vet today I am going to try out Iams Proactive food for a while. He is a no nonsense guy and said, in his opinion it is the best quality food in it's price range. It ends up about a dollar a pound for me here and that is okay if they do well on it.

I have noticed dull coats this summer from Black Gold and some dry skin, so it is lacking somewhere. I do supplement with Nupro when running hard and that doesn't seem to be helping. I will try and see how it goes. He told me it does take 4-6 weeks for a dogs digestive system and overall health to improve on food of any type.(when switching). He says to go, 1/4 new food 2=3 days, 1/2 new food 2-3 days then to new food entirely.

We will see how this change benefits or hurts??

He also says he has never got caught up in percentages of Protein and Fat. He says bottom line is digestability and usable parts within the food. Again, we will see if this results in a better coat and muscle mass, with endurance and less stool.......

golden acres

Re: Giving Iams food a try, we'll see....

Post by golden acres »

In January, the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance alerted outdoorsmen that the Iams Company, maker of Iams and Eukanuba pet foods, joined forces with the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), as Grand National Sponsor of the Pet Fest America tour. The tour is a series of animal shows, developed by HSUS, which are being presented in major metropolitan areas, nationwide. They debuted in early 2003 and will continue through April 2004.

The Humane Society of the United States is the nation’s largest and most vociferous anti-hunting organization.
Golden Acre Supplies 616-813-0814 (Cell)
http://www.goldenacresupplies.com

golden acres

Post by golden acres »

http://www.victordogfood.com/

lowest stool I have ever had from a dog food. dogs look good about $30 for 40 lbs

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Wow that is disheartening, this experiment may be short lived.

Thanks!!

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

I feed blue my hounds look great . Chicken and rice
TheJohnBirchSociety

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

golden acres wrote:http://www.victordogfood.com/

lowest stool I have ever had from a dog food. dogs look good about $30 for 40 lbs
I feed victor food as well. Golden is dead on. Never switching food again. I am feeding the summer blend blue bag. Lamb and Brown Rice. They love it and keeps weight on.

Find a dealer Jim, you won't be disappointed!!
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Nothing close to me, :mad: , I would love to try that food.

wvforester

Post by wvforester »

I fed Iams for a long time and got to talking to a buddy I coon hunt with and he switched from Iams to Southern States Avanced Sport. I compared labels and it is exact listings in the same order,etc. The food pellets are undistinguishable between the two. I have a theory that its the same crap packaged differently with a $20 price difference. I have been feeding the southern states food for 7 months now and have seen no difference in stool, coat, muscle, or anything. If you catch it on sale you can get a 40# bag for 16.99. I have had good luck thus far, just my 2 cents. I feed 3 beagles, a fiest, and a pot licking coonhound so I try to save a little but still care after my dogs. They're fat and sassy. Hope this helps you.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Thanks for the input!

R and D kennels

Post by R and D kennels »

Guys,

I live in Dayton, Ohio the headquarters for Iams/Eukanueba. The plant is 12 miles away. All the anti agenda talk is 100% accurate. Now what most people do not know is IAMS/Eukanueba was bought by Proctor and Gamble a few years back. This is when they went with the anti's. SO, we might as well denounce P&G as well.
R and D's Mr Wiz: GRHBCH Little Mighty Ozzy x GRHBCH White River Isabelle

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Thanks again, I hate to here this! I bought a couple bags and am transitioning to it now for about a week. I hope it doesn't work out, I guess, I DEFINITELY DON'T support the anti's!!!!

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

I got a hundred pound of puppy food and it's the best, wonder how many people would quit drinking bud light if they only knew anhauser bush was also in the anti hunters drivers seat. :nod:
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

R and D kennels

Post by R and D kennels »

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. wrote:I got a hundred pound of puppy food and it's the best, wonder how many people would quit drinking bud light if they only knew anhauser bush was also in the anti hunters drivers seat. :nod:

I wonder if Anhueser Bush was with anti's before they were bought out ?
R and D's Mr Wiz: GRHBCH Little Mighty Ozzy x GRHBCH White River Isabelle

golden acres

Post by golden acres »

What about keystone light

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

I feed it they really got thin I was running them hard and it was not as good as dog chow imo
There hair looked good but not ment for hunting dogs imo