Value Pack dog food

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Casey Harner

Re: Value Pack dog food

Post by Casey Harner »

I want a good feed but also save some money. This food is just like victor but half the price. We have no kids but saving money is alright by me.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

Keep telling yourself it's just as good cuz the only one you have to convince is yourself. Sounds like your doing a fine job at that too.
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

Tim G

Post by Tim G »

I fed value pack for a while my dogs just didn't hold there weight good running them as hard as I do jmho

warddog

Post by warddog »

likeemfast wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:01 pm
Keep telling yourself it's just as good cuz the only one you have to convince is yourself. Sounds like your doing a fine job at that too.
AND that is the only one that matters.

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

warddog wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:22 pm
likeemfast wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:01 pm
AND that is the only one that matters.

Best advice is I get is usually from talking to myself.

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

You should just say they jacked up the price and the colorful new bag made you switch cuz I remember you saying a while back "I feed Victor and always will". Now all of a sudden there's something that's always been there and cheaper but now it's good stuff.

Feed what ya want, obviously your hounds, but don't fool yourself that Valu Pack is just as good.

Good Luck
Home of

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

Didn't say it was better than Victor I just said it's half the price and looks to be the same ingredients. If it doesn't hold weight on my hounds I will likely go back to Victor. What happened Bruce you sound so bitter!!?

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

steve w

Post by steve w »

What are the ingredients? Don't need em all but I am curios, tried to find it on the internet but not much luck.

Harris Hound Supply

Post by Harris Hound Supply »

https://www.specialty-feeds.com/images/ ... 0_back.png

The wheat has been removed and replaced with sorghum. This also removes gluten as well.

steve w

Post by steve w »

Thanks

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

Casey Harner wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:58 am
Didn't say it was better than Victor I just said it's half the price and looks to be the same ingredients. If it doesn't hold weight on my hounds I will likely go back to Victor. What happened Bruce you sound so bitter!!?
Bitter???? Hmmmmm, I will think that one over, don't mean to be bitter Casey, I like to think of it as straightforward, one of my best attributes, which I overflow with.

My apologies for seeming to sound bitter Casey, but I think it's all in how it's read. Being the author bitterness wasn't intended. When I see Valu Pak it reminds me of Value City, everything garbage under one roof.
Home of

Harris Hound Supply

Post by Harris Hound Supply »

likeemfast wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:08 pm
[/quote When I see Valu Pak it reminds me of Value City, everything garbage under one roof.
Have you ever feed Valu- Pak?

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

likeemfast wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:08 pm
Casey Harner wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:58 am
Bitter???? Hmmmmm, I will think that one over, don't mean to be bitter Casey, I like to think of it as straightforward, one of my best attributes, which I overflow with.

My apologies for seeming to sound bitter Casey, but I think it's all in how it's read. Being the author bitterness wasn't intended. When I see Valu Pak it reminds me of Value City, everything garbage under one roof.
I quit feeding Victor because I thought I was gonna get a divorce with my wife plus I wasn't and haven't ran dogs for sometime. I didn't have the desire to do so, so I figured I would stop feeding them the food since it's pricey. One day I was with a friend Greg Crabtree and we stopped in to Harris Hound Supply and found this bag of food. Greg being a very close friend said the food and ingredients is pretty dead on with Victor. So I'm giving it a try. Getting a few dogs back tomorrow so I will see how they do on the
maintence food. The price caught my eye first and second was the ingridents. Most of all Jeremiah the owner of Harris Hound Supply seemed to be a great person to deal with and I plan on going back hopefully tomorrow to buy a few collars with name plates.

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

warddog

Post by warddog »

Casey, there is no need to explain why YOU choose to use any dog feed YOU so desire. Only YOU know what works for YOU and saying one feed is better than another is purely a personal OPINION. ALL dog food meets the MINIMUM standards set by the industry (AAFCO) in what any and ALL dogs need for Growth, reproduction and adult maintenance. These standards are NOT opinion but science established by an expert committee in dog food nutritional profiles. There are many, many ways (ingredients) to reach those and I have NOT seen a single brand of dry dog food that doesn't use fillers be it corn meal, wheat, glutens, rice, beet, soy which are high in carbs which in itself may promote weight gain. The bottom line is that all dry dog foods are manufactured meeting the same AAFCO standards for nutrition and there are only certain ingredients in which they can meet the protein, fiber and fat levels. It is then a matter of what works for a specific individual's dogs. I can feed the same feed to several dogs with varying degrees of flesh.

Chimney Rock Kennel

Post by Chimney Rock Kennel »

I switched from Victor and Pro Plan to the black bag Value Pack. Imo it may not be as good as Victor or Pro Plan on paper but my dogs do better on it as whole than the others. The great dog food debate rages on.
Home of

NrFC LPGRCH Chimney Rock's Bad Moon Rising
FCGD LPRCH Chimney Rock's KY Lucky
NrFC LPGRCH Chimney Rock's Shooting Star