Brians Bear

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Budd

Brians Bear

Post by Budd »

For the 3rd year in a row my 13 year old son Brian has managed to draw a tag. This year he set his goal at 200lb or better for his 3rd bear.LOL
I had been watching this bait for awhile and had pictures of 3 differant bear, my weight guesses on them were 150, 270, and the big one better than 300.
Brian weighted for his Grandfather to fill his first ever tag and his first day out of school w hit the stand. Got in the stand at 12:30 and seen the first bear at 4:30 but it caught us both off guard and never presented a shot, I barely got footage of him walking away, he was the bear I was guessing at 270. At 5:30 the smaller bear came in and new something was up and again it walked out without much videoing.
At 6:30 the smaller bear came back in approaching from behind the bait and Brian said he wanted to take it so I gave him the OK.
Brian let the old T/C bark and the bear never made 30yds. If you listen close you can here the death moan. His bear tipped the scale at 142. Maybe next year with a little more patients he will hit his goal...LOL.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWCPR9nuzxQ

Big River Beagles S

Re: Brians Bear

Post by Big River Beagles S »

thats awesome budd

Buckeye Blues

Post by Buckeye Blues »

absolutely awsome! A successful Father and son hunt caught on film for a lifetime memory!

gemcgrew

Post by gemcgrew »

Great shot! Congrats!

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Great stuff, Congrats to you and him!!