Worming Medicine

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

John Williams

Worming Medicine

Post by John Williams »

Im looking for some real good worming med. I wish i could find something that gets all of it ,tape ,round , hook and so on , any advice Thanks

steve w

Re: Worming Medicine

Post by steve w »

http://www.pets-megastore.com.au/index. ... 65_161_189 This or Wormout from the same site have worked well for me for quite a few years now.

lebro

Post by lebro »

ppo wormer from chuck prather or jomes golden. look in equipt. for sale.
broad ridge blaze,critter, delta, everstrong

Rabbit buster

Post by Rabbit buster »

I just tried the worm X plus.. it seemed to do the trick... it takes care of hook, tape, and round.

zjamesmoore

Post by zjamesmoore »

ZIMECTERIN Gold is a horse wormer it works great for me!!!

Zimectrin Gold
The gold standard in parasite control.
ZIMECTERIN Gold combines ivermectin, a leading ingredient that controls a wide variety of parasites, with praziquantel, an ingredient that specifically controls tapeworms. Together, they provide excellent equine parasite control. ZIMECTERIN Gold is approved to control more species and stages of equine parasites than any other brand, including benzimidazole-resistant small strongyles.1 It controls 47 species and stages of equine parasites in all.1

Plus, ZIMECTERIN Gold was the first dewormer approved by the FDA to effectively control tapeworms* with a single dose. Tapeworms have been recognized as a significant threat to the health of horses.

I also know may people which use safegaurd which is a goat wormer.

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

Panacur- takes care of hook, round, whip, and tape worms
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

BG BEAGLER

Post by BG BEAGLER »

I got a high intensity whistle that I blow around my dogs kennels 4-5 times a week that drives the worms from the dogs body...works on horses too...got it from cabelas online
Matt Marple

WFO Kennels

Bull_357

Post by Bull_357 »

Panacur horse wormer...they will lick it right off Ur finger (apple cinnamon) flavored.
Contenderized

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

I have always used drontal pills and then a couple days of panacur to finish the job. I have not had a problem for years. Even though matts whistle fix is a thought.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

2barrel

Post by 2barrel »

Drontal is my vets number one choice. It takes care of all the major parasites. At $7 dollars a pill it should. One pill per 10lbs of dog. I see results in two to four days. Shinny coat and weight gain.

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

2barrel-- you can drontal and drontal plus for WAY under 7 bucks a pill online.. It is good stuff

Pancur--i.e. safeguard is great because it even gets stubborn whip/hookworms out since it uses it over a period of three days. Some of the other wormers will not kill all of them.. But pancur kills both kinds of tapes.. Pancur will not kill both kinds of tapes so if you see tapes using pancur you need to use the drontal or worm x plus
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.