Diary of a Hare Hunter / TAB

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

DarrinG

Diary of a Hare Hunter / TAB

Post by DarrinG »

I just wanted to say that I have really been enjoying Butch Keene's "diary" series in The American Beagler. Butch has, shall we say a "interesting" style of writing, and I have enjoyed reading the series very much. For a southern cottontail hunter, reading of these bewildering trips to the far north wilderness in pursuit of these elusive hares is great reading and makes one start to daydream a little! Maybe one of these days I will make the journey to the far north and taste this for myself.

In the meantime, the "Diary of a Hare Hunter" series is great reading and will have to do for now.

Bev, will this series continue for some time? I hope so.
+++
He's coming....are you ready?

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Darrin, I believe there are 4 or 5 more installments of Diary of a Harehunter. Butch does an amazing job of putting the reader out in the woods (or in the donut shop, lol!) with the hunting party. Makes me wanna go northeast, too. Some of the scenery is just stomp-down gorgeous. I'm glad you're enjoying the series. Butch will be happy to hear it too. :cool:

DarrinG

Post by DarrinG »

Bev, glad to hear that the series will continue for a while. Every time I read it, I get to thinking of travelling northbound :!: :!:

And I know what Butch means about the donut shops,,me being a rabbit hunter AND a cop,,,LOL...except down here it's the Krispy Kreme shops that I like.... :D
+++
He's coming....are you ready?