The complete hound

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Mo. Beagler 5000

Re: The complete hound

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. wrote:
Mo. Beagler 5000 wrote:
gwyoung wrote:Mo Beagler, Are you still standing by your statement that it took my original post an hour and fourteen minutes to arrive. ( Yes or No, that was another intelligent piece of Research on your part. ) Or do you think that my original post was intended for you because it would be hard for you to believe that anyone addressing a topic such as Biology would have to speaking to you because in your mind you are the authority! Anyway , I do have interest research and Science as you falsy claim otherwise. I have enough interest to know what YOU don't ( perhaps you should do a little mnore research) I know that the back-tracking gene in dogs has not been identified, I know that the Genes responsibile for Close check-work, Mouthiness, Over-running, pottering, Etc: have not been identified and until this is done better beagles cannot be bred and have not been Bred by the Scientific community. These are important points! You say they can, I say prove it and at that point you don't have any answers. I think this is clear. Still standing by your statements that all who are breeding beagles without looking at the ' Scientific book know nothing and are only guessing and are not Serious Breeders. How about naming some Serious Breeders for us. They are out there you said they were. Name some so we can ask them if they are looking at the scientific book for their breeding answers. Still would like to see some of those high powered dogs a learned man such as yourself is breeding, For I know you are looking at the book. let's see the proof. I can build a Nuclear bomb in my basement out of Regular household items, as long as I don't have to do it!
NO YOU IDIOT--- YOU PROBABLY DIDN'T READ MY COMMENT IMMEADIATELY AND POSTED WHEN YOU READ IT!! JESUS H MAN, YOU ARE SERIOUSLY DENSE... IF YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND THAT, ITS NO WONDER YOU HAVEN"T UNDERSTOOD ANYTHING I HAVE SAID>... I ONLY CALL YOU AN IDIOT BECAUSE YOUR ACTING LIKE ONE!! NOT TO BERATE YOU BUT HOLY CRAP... THATS NOT EVEN SCIENCE-- ITS COMMON FRICKING SENSE--- I CAN GO POST TO SOMEONE ELSE ON HERE AFTER 2 YEARS IF I WANTED.. IT DOESN'T CHANGE THE RECIPIENT. NO ONE ON HERE OR ANYWHERE ELSE WHO READS THIS THREAD WILL COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT YOU WEREN"T TALKING TO ME!! ESPECIALLY HOW YOU, ALONG WITH JUST ABOUT EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD KNOW I AM A BIOLOGY TEACHER.. (probably not the best but my kids score WELL ABOVE state average on all their tests) I Could care less whether you want to admit that the comment was directed to me... But if you can't even admit that then its pointless to argue genetics because you seem to not even be able to read the links and figures I gave you because you insisted on it. So I won't but some people, do care about breeding better dogs and look forward to using the tools and resources science gives us to improve our sport. Your probably one of those people who think tracking collars and shockers are worthless because "we should do it the way its always been done"

For the RECORD, I DON'T BREED DOGS, I HAVE BRED ONE LITTER IN MY LIFE, I BUY THEM BECAUSE BREEDING IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD TAKE SERIOUSLY AND I DON'T HAVE THE TIME OR MONEY TO DO IT!!! BUT IF I DID I WOULD USE COMMON SENSE AND USE THE PRACTICES AKC RECOMENDS TO ME.. BECAUSE ITS SCIENCE!! I realize they don't know the bactracking gene or NOSE GENE specifically but they do know some traits and things that we need to be aware of. My whole point in all of this was to say that biologists could, IF THEY WANTED TO dedicate their time and research and produce a beagle that would be better in almost every regard than what we have now... They don't because not enough people are paying them to do it or even care about it.. But along the way people are introducing things aabout canine genetics we need to be aware of and maybe impliment if we want to get better and better. That is all man.. Pure and simple.. Believe it or not. I don't care.. YOu don't have to take any of my biology test and you are not my student. I am not assigning you a grade for your beliefs. Take them and do what you want.. I'd still run some hounds with you, if we met and probably crack some jokes about florescent beagles.
Hey Mo Beagler i thought you were a sunday school teacher?
I was--- I don't have a good church to go to yet after I moved to a new school-- I don't really see how that has to do with anything I posted. Its the truth.. Call me whatever you like..
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

I just dont think a man of your STATURE would sweat this post soooooo much brother. Ya gotta think the average age of us on here is probaly 40ish. Our ideals are pretty primative and ol school, we aint buying what your selling. Good read though.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

sparky

Post by sparky »

hard on a check wrote:If I was interested in buying a pup from someone,I would feel alot more Confident buying a pup from a Breeder such as "Monk" instead of a scientist out of the lab.
BINGO :nod:
SHAKE DOWN BEAGLES

Mo. Beagler 5000

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. wrote:I just dont think a man of your STATURE would sweat this post soooooo much brother. Ya gotta think the average age of us on here is probaly 40ish. Our ideals are pretty primative and ol school, we aint buying what your selling. Good read though.
Just because your not doesn't mean other people aren't.. I am not sure what your age or my "STATURE" has to do with anything we are talking about.. I am sure if scientists did make a perfect hound you would be inline with everyone else trying to buy one...Unfortunately they probably won't for resons we have been discussion in the last 50 posts or so..

Besides, all I would ask of anybody on any subject is too look at the information and decide or turn it inot a good read. My feelings don't get hurt if people like or dislike what I have to say. The last time I was involved in an argument on this board not involving Bucks beagles it was over how pennicillin is the same whether you buy it from a vet or get it from a fish aquarium place.. It really isn't surprising then if some people on here don't agree with what I am saying and have different opinions.

I have generally always liked your posts and I can think of a few times you gave good advice or said somehting kind about another person on the board. I also think GW has some good posts sometimes too... Its just on this one he is wrong and if he wants to debate it more we can although at this point both of us are more interested in getting the last word in rather than facts because I could show him a purple beagle that went 95mph and caught, cleaned and cooked the rabbit for me, he would complain it really wasn't a beagle cause it was pruple and then we would go round and round over that...

I enjoy a nice debate though and give as much as I take.. I probably never should have mentioned I am a science/social studies teacher and have a bible degree though.. It makes people think your an arse :lol:

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

I dont think with you and Gw its about right or wrong, i have no ideal how old Gw is but too incorparate idealogy on how to come up with the best dog is well sorta like trying to tell me on how to cook a egg. Its pretty simple method i have used for 40 years. Put butter in skillet crack egg on skillet keep oven hot enuff to cook egg and flip after about 2 mins.Wa-La its a egg. I am sure there is also more than one way to skin a cat so too say, its just the interest of learning how leaves little to no interest to myself. My eggs are just fine sunny side up- So lets eat.Sorta like my breeding has been for the last several years, i like father to daughter crosses then a bitch back to a uncle or nephew. Nothing fancy just like my eggs it works for me.Why change now? If trials stop tommorow i will still own hounds ribbons dont taste well and i would just as soon hunt.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

bucks better beagles

Post by bucks better beagles »

Mo. Beagler said, "The last time I was involved in an argument on this board not involving Bucks beagles it was over how pennicillin is the same whether you buy it from a vet or get it from a fish aquarium place".

I don't even know why you got to mention my name since I am being the model student for your class. But, since you did, I am sure you know that an "argument is just a pooling of ignorance". I never argue but I do speak up when someone is wrong and in this case you are just WRONG. The perfect beagle, the perfect chicken or the perfect man can never be cloned. You can clone physical characteristics of course. Perfection is in the eye of the beholder. No two beagle people will ever look at the same dog with the same perception.

Biology and genetics are great studies and will help the serious breeder you refer to, cut a few corners, but I hope I never see the day that it replaces the "old man's" experience in this sport. Oh yea, I am not 40. I am 67 and my daddy's daddy taught him to always breed the best to the best. Everybody else seems to understand this.

By the way, is penicillin the same?

Just like old times, isn't it?

Mo. Beagler 5000

bucks better beagles wrote:Mo. Beagler said, "The last time I was involved in an argument on this board not involving Bucks beagles it was over how pennicillin is the same whether you buy it from a vet or get it from a fish aquarium place".

I don't even know why you got to mention my name since I am being the model student for your class. But, since you did, I am sure you know that an "argument is just a pooling of ignorance". I never argue but I do speak up when someone is wrong and in this case you are just WRONG. The perfect beagle, the perfect chicken or the perfect man can never be cloned. You can clone physical characteristics of course. Perfection is in the eye of the beholder. No two beagle people will ever look at the same dog with the same perception.

Biology and genetics are great studies and will help the serious breeder you refer to, cut a few corners, but I hope I never see the day that it replaces the "old man's" experience in this sport. Oh yea, I am not 40. I am 67 and my daddy's daddy taught him to always breed the best to the best. Everybody else seems to understand this.

By the way, is penicillin the same?

Just like old times, isn't it?

LOL-- I didn't disagree with you over the pennicillin thing the last time we disagreed--(i call it argue because of the nature of the thread) was over the time you "died" metaphorically I guess...

I never said the perfect beagle I said a better beagle than what we have now though.. And I am not wrong :biggrin: If you picked say three things you wanted out of a dog and paid the rigth person enough cash to do it and had access to a university lab, you could make those traits better with science.. Could I do it? NOPE, EMPHATICALLY NOPE.. But one day I hope my students can and remember me with my potlickers when they do :bozo:

ps. I only mentioned you cuz that was the last time I posted so much to someone on here and that was a while ago and before that it was an argument of pennicillin that I don't think you were involved in.. Maybe you were.. Several people sent me messages telling me to drop it. Sometimes I get overly angry when people believe weird stuff.. Because then their kids believe it and I have to deal with it in class.... Its such a pain in my butt every year.. :ashamed:

bucks better beagles

Post by bucks better beagles »

Mo, you said, "Sometimes I get overly angry when people believe weird stuff".

Absolutely true. Could not agree with you more if I had said it myself. The kids are your legacy. I am sure you are good at what you do and even more, I am happy that you are a teacher and glad that we have had our correspondence.

ohlinger

Post by ohlinger »

You cannot create genetically superior field hound scientifically biologically. Or any other way for one perfection is a concept its imaginary two it would have to be a robot dog it cannot b made genetically perfect in the field. Bc a dog will always be a dog it'll make mistakes and another dog will capatilise misspelled. I know whoever brought this up is thinking way out in left field. Beagler mo. You have to know how to train a good hound before you worry about playing God and genetically manipulate one....
NO LUCK KENNEL 330-987-5883 noluckkennels.webs.com

19rabbit52

Post by 19rabbit52 »

Now I am curious what "weird stuff" is? I worry about what educators teach today as some have agendas. So, what is "weird stuff" for my curiosity?

Mo. Beagler 5000

19rabbit52 wrote:Now I am curious what "weird stuff" is? I worry about what educators teach today as some have agendas. So, what is "weird stuff" for my curiosity?
Well, one time I had a student tell me its a scientific fact that ph is what plants eat for food... Then his mom sent me a nasty note to the school saying I didn't know what I was talking about..

Then there was the student who tried explaining to me a baby is born when the fallopian tubes open up and the baby slides down them... Then when I showed her in the textbook where she was wrong she accused me of "having my friends write the book to prove her wrong"

Honestly, some of the other things you probably wouldn't believe lol.. I have heard some DUSIES!! I have no agenda in the classroom for me.. Just chemistry biology and physical science.. When I taught history and government it was a little harder to not be biased but I did a good job about it i think.
ohlinger wrote:You cannot create genetically superior field hound scientifically biologically. Or any other way for one perfection is a concept its imaginary two it would have to be a robot dog it cannot b made genetically perfect in the field. Bc a dog will always be a dog it'll make mistakes and another dog will capatilise misspelled. I know whoever brought this up is thinking way out in left field. Beagler mo. You have to know how to train a good hound before you worry about playing God and genetically manipulate one....
Its alot easier to train a well bred hound than a mutt... God knows I've done both.... and again I believe your wrong and you can create a better hound.. not a perfect one but a better one through science. Feel free to disagree, you do on literally everything I have ever posted on here.. literally everything, why stop now?

On a side note at least AKC is in agreement that you can create a better hound through genetic testing and breeding using the latest techniques.

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

O.K. we can let the board members decide who the idiot is. Mo Beagler posted at 6:02 Chapko posted at 7:49 I posted a response to Chapko at 9:03 . Are you with me so far. I told Mo I was responding to what Chapko wrote at 7:49 and that is why my post was after Chapkos instead of after His. Still with me. Mo then said the reason my post was after Chapkos was because they are posted in the order received ( this is true) He thinks Chapkos and Mine evidently were posted close together and Chapkos was received first and therefore posted first, Chapkos was posted first but they were not posted close together. But he trys to say that Chapkos was posted so close to mine that I did not realize Chapkos had made the post and therefore I was responding to the last post on the board at the time,His. look at the posts Chapkos posted an hour and 14 minutes prior to my post it was there I read it before I posted. This is obvious to all but Mo Beagler. Take a look and see if Chapkos post was there before I posted, Mo Beagler says it wasn't. He says I looked at his post 3 hours and 1 minute later and Chapkos post was not there,( at 9:03 when I answered the post) Still with me . look at his posts this is what he claims along with a bunch of other crap .

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

gwyoung wrote:O.K. we can let the board members decide who the idiot is. Mo Beagler posted at 6:02 Chapko posted at 7:49 I posted a response to Chapko at 9:03 . Are you with me so far. I told Mo I was responding to what Chapko wrote at 7:49 and that is why my post was after Chapkos instead of after His. Still with me. Mo then said the reason my post was after Chapkos was because they are posted in the order received ( this is true) He thinks Chapkos and Mine evidently were posted close together and Chapkos was received first and therefore posted first, Chapkos was posted first but they were not posted close together. But he trys to say that Chapkos was posted so close to mine that I did not realize Chapkos had made the post and therefore I was responding to the last post on the board at the time,His. look at the posts Chapkos posted an hour and 14 minutes prior to my post it was there I read it before I posted. This is obvious to all but Mo Beagler. Take a look and see if Chapkos post was there before I posted, Mo Beagler says it wasn't. He says I looked at his post 3 hours and 1 minute later and Chapkos post was not there,( at 9:03 when I answered the post) Still with me . look at his posts this is what he claims along with a bunch of other crap .

WTF???? My head hurts...
Last edited by Casey Harner on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

Buck, I was going to respond to you ,but the post you made at 6;20 is not on the board yet!!!

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

I cant follow ya
But I do think scientist could make a genetically engineered beagle.

They can clone dog people ext. What is it to chane a genetic structure

Picture Legos