The complete hound

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

gwyoung

Re: The complete hound

Post by gwyoung »

harner, if you don't think this is Rocket Science you haven't been listening to Mo Beagler. And no offense taken, How about telling me what was bogus about it. I will accept the idiot award from you right after that, I hope it is not your personal one. ( no offense) and mo Beagler has called everyone who breeds without consulting the genetic book a guesser who knows nothing. before we get too serious here you do realize that even though I know what I am talking about ,I really don't care one way or the other and I am doing this for the entertainment value ,don't you! And I see where you edited your post in which you called me an idiot, I was looking forward to the award you said I had won!

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

gwyoung wrote:harner, if you don't think this is Rocket Science you haven't been listening to Mo Beagler. And no offense taken, How about telling me what was bogus about it. I will accept the idiot award from you right after that, I hope it is not your personal one. ( no offense) and mo Beagler has called everyone who breds without consulting the genetic book a guesser who knows nothing. before we get too serious here you do realize that even though I know what I am talking about ,I really don't care one way or the other and I am doing this for the entertainment value ,don't you!

I am just saying that last post was messed up... it really looked like a screwed up football play. You know when a coach scribbles out the play on a board with a marker. If you don't know what I mean, just watch some sports your'll understand. I don't think its rocket science to go out with a pair of beagles, that you'd like to breed. Breeding to me is just common sense. Make sure the two compliment each other and hope for the best. Do I feel Mo is wrong, heck if I know. But I sure in the heck won't pick up a science book or a biology book to see what it says about breeding or genetics. I passed high school and I sure in the heck don't want to relive those moments of doing homework...

Breed how you like and what you want. Class dismissed!
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

Harner, I had to do it that way . I understand it was a very simple thing, But one of my friends on this board just wasn't able to grasp it and I had to break it down for him. Do you know if John Monkman is consulting the scientific community before he makes any breeding decisions. I understand he has bred a lot of good dogs. Please don't take this as a smart aleck question it is not. I may be wrong on the contribution from the scientific community, ( I live up a hollow here in West Virginia and I honestly don't get out much) Does anyone know if Dexter Referett, or the Krpans make a move without consulting the scientific community, How about Paul Short when he was alive, George Noxon, Willett Randall are they just good guessers without true knowledge as some claim? Once again no offense taken. I was going to brag about how my kids were smarter than all of the other kids here in West Virginia, but I figured most people would actually think I was bragging on myself ( genetics) while putting others down!

ohlinger

Post by ohlinger »

Lol I don't have anything against you I don't know you but you make a fool of yourself and can't realise why but hey I've been guilty of the sane thing but I doknow science requires consistancy and there are no two rabbit tracks exactly the same in a hunting scenario that could prove these dogs are what they'd be claimed to be and most people would prbly screw them up anyhow and how many scientists that do this know what a good rabbit dog is lol this is ridiculous I can't believe I'm even posting and once again making a fool of myself as well lol what a stupid thing to argue and u just need to learn to quit beating a dead horse one of these days it might just get back up n kick you lol u wont admit when u are wrong nobody is perfect except you is the message you send across these boards
NO LUCK KENNEL 330-987-5883 noluckkennels.webs.com

MPankratz

Post by MPankratz »

What this thread really needs is a few posts about whether there's really a God or not.

Maybe a few bashing capitalism and apple pie.

Then it'll really get going!

how is this on page nine? When posted yesterday it was at 6???

MPankratz

Post by MPankratz »

gwyoung wrote:Harner, I had to do it that way . I understand it was a very simple thing, But one of my friends on this board just wasn't able to grasp it and I had to break it down for him. Do you know if John Monkman is consulting the scientific community before he makes any breeding decisions. I understand he has bred a lot of good dogs. Please don't take this as a smart aleck question it is not. I may be wrong on the contribution from the scientific community, ( I live up a hollow here in West Virginia and I honestly don't get out much) Does anyone know if Dexter Referett, or the Krpans make a move without consulting the scientific community, How about Paul Short when he was alive, George Noxon, Willett Randall are they just good guessers without true knowledge as some claim? Once again no offense taken. I was going to brag about how my kids were smarter than all of the other kids here in West Virginia, but I figured most people would actually think I was bragging on myself ( genetics) while putting others down!
This is a bit silly and completely misses the point. Why would one consult a community? The truth is rarely decided by consensus.

I'm not going to speak for Mo. but as I said before, these people are almost certainly doing what any scientific breeding program would do, but without the systematization. Could they benefit from making use of better data for making breeding decisions? Probably.

For some reason this thread has become about gene modification instead of scientific breeding.

The latter could certainly be useful to anyone today- that's why it's used in virtually every commercial crop or animal production in the world. Hell, even marijuana is grown using this method today, for what that's worth. The former has miles to go before it'll offer anything useful.

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

Mpkantraz, This is all in fun for me. Some really get all lathered up and red faced over this stuff, it is generally those who contradict themselves and have a lot of holes in their " theories" . But at any rate I mean no Ill will toward them and like I say I think it is funny watching some squirm to defend an indefensible position. regardless of what kind of bait is thrown out there they will run out and get it. Cracks me up! I think you are wrong about me being silly and about me saying the scientific community is the place to go for this info as you seem to indicate . I did not say that! But at any rate in my post I did not say it was the thing to do, I was simply asking if these breeders were doing it as Others have said this is where the best information on the subject could be found. I simply selected 6 people who are known or have been known to breed the best Beagles on the planet since we are talking about Better Beagles and I was wondering if perhaps those who are or have bred some of the better beagles on the planet are getting their info from biology teachers and the like and the scientists are breeding their beagles for them. I was just wondering if they were making their own decisions or if folks in lab coats are the ones actually doing it.

I am not sure what you are trying to say about the page nine or six remark. But I am pretty sure you submitted that post within 2 minutes of 2:27 A. M. this morning! Aren't you.
Last edited by gwyoung on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

gwyoung wrote:Harner, I had to do it that way . I understand it was a very simple thing, But one of my friends on this board just wasn't able to grasp it and I had to break it down for him. Do you know if John Monkman is consulting the scientific community before he makes any breeding decisions. I understand he has bred a lot of good dogs. Please don't take this as a smart aleck question it is not. I may be wrong on the contribution from the scientific community, ( I live up a hollow here in West Virginia and I honestly don't get out much) Does anyone know if Dexter Referett, or the Krpans make a move without consulting the scientific community, How about Paul Short when he was alive, George Noxon, Willett Randall are they just good guessers without true knowledge as some claim? Once again no offense taken. I was going to brag about how my kids were smarter than all of the other kids here in West Virginia, but I figured most people would actually think I was bragging on myself ( genetics) while putting others down!
At first this was fun and making me laugh now its just annoying me... I posted about being a biology teacher page 4... later on Chap posted one line about how he liked reading this thread.. then you came on asked a question about biology teachers also page 4.... Pretty friggin simple and the fact that your STILL arguing the point... THe reason no one understood your "football post" is because your trying to say I never posted before you asked that question BUT CLEARLY I DID>....Page 4 man.. no one even cares about this but us... But nayone with a brain can go to page four and see who posted what and when.. Thats not even science, its a click of a button.
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

Mo Beagler, I want to be serious with you. I am truthful in what I say. I will B.S around with anyone but when I say something for the truth in the best of my knowledge it is the truth . Now, I was going through this thread skipping over a lot of stuff as I am sure most do. I looked at the last post and it seemed to indicate to me that some might believe that Biologists may be able to breed better beagles than the people who are actually doing it, so I asked the question. And to be honest with you no, I do not have the same interest you do in Biology ,scientific data and so forth, and what interest I do have is not going to be satisfied on a beagle board I will look elsewhere for scientific data when I want it. I skip most of your posts not because I do not respect what you have to say it is because they are so darn long as well as the reason stated above, I also skip through most long posts regardless of who writes them. Now, my posts are very long also and i believe a lot of people simply skim them or just don't read them at all. I don't mind writing a long one but I generally dis-like reading one. at some point I am sure I have read that you were a Biology teacher if you have posted it. But when I made my original post on this thread I could not have told anyone what you do for a living for a million dollars, and I don't know what anyone else on here does for a living either, how many of us do. For the last time I posted due to what I read in Chapkos post. I stand behind my opinions on the fact that scientists cannot breed better Beagles than Beaglers. Now your opinion is apparently different that is fine. Just couldn't resist one last clarification. Mo. I never, never, ever said you did not post before I did on page four as you have said, as a matter of record I said you posted at 6:02 and I posted three hours and one minute LATER at 9 :03. It is on page 8, and everyone can go there and look, it ain't even science just a click of the button as you have said.. You did indicate chapkos post was not there when I posted and due to receiving time it ended up in front of mine, This was not correct either, not wanted to start something all over again but I know that if you were mistaken you would certainly want to know as most of us would.
Last edited by gwyoung on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:29 am, edited 6 times in total.

Mo. Beagler 5000

gwyoung wrote:Mo Beagler, I want to be serious with you. I am truthful in what I say. I will B.S around with anyone but when I say something for the truth in the best of my knowledge it is the truth . Now, I was going through this thread skipping over a lot of stuff as I am sure most do. I looked at the last post and it seemed to indicate to me that some might believe that Biologists may be able to breed better beagles than the people who are actually doing it, so I asked the question. And to be honest with you no, I do not have the same interest you do in Biology ,scientific data and so forth, and what interest I do have is not going to be satisfied on a beagle board I will look elsewhere for scientific data when I want it. To be honest with you I skip most of your posts not because I do not respect what you have to say it is because they are so darn long as well as the reason stated above, I also skip through most long posts regardless of who writes them. Now, my posts are very long also and i believe a lot of people simply skim them or just don't read them at all. I don't mind writing a long one but I generally dis-like reading one.

At least we agree that we both generally don't like super long posts... :D we do have common ground

bucks better beagles

Post by bucks better beagles »

Mo, GW, et al, short of exercising a symbolic killing, I see no way of ending this post. Unless, of course, you want to answer the question M. Pankrantz put forth: "What this thread really needs is a few posts about whether there's really a God or not". Throw in evolution from a biological standpoint and I bet it is over is about 2 seconds.

Mo. Beagler 5000

bucks better beagles wrote:Mo, GW, et al, short of exercising a symbolic killing, I see no way of ending this post. Unless, of course, you want to answer the question M. Pankrantz put forth: "What this thread really needs is a few posts about whether there's really a God or not". Throw in evolution from a biological standpoint and I bet it is over is about 2 seconds.

You mean because the thread will be locked?

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, sorry where were we?
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

Mo. Beagler 5000

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. wrote:Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, sorry where were we?
Didn't realize this thread was for your personal enjoyment. Here is some smilies until it gets more enjoyable
:moon: :nod: :loser: :biggrin: :bozo: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :hug: :hug: :yuck: :shhh: :dunce: :confused:

sorry, I am bored today.. its a half day and parents aren't showing up to their scheduled appointments. No wonder why we have so many tardies this year!!

bucks better beagles

Post by bucks better beagles »

No Mo., you said, "You mean because the thread will be locked?"

I don't think Bev will lock the thread because of your or my expounding abilities. It will be locked because in short order the boys whose vocabulary usually ends with a "you are an "s---" or an "i---t" or "l--r will make it impossible to continue.