out of state deer hunters

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

reddogrunner

out of state deer hunters

Post by reddogrunner »

Just lost 300 acres of prime running ground to out of state deer hunters. Come in wavying tons of cash and locals cant match them. I have tried for years to lease this place with no luck. why cant they stay in their own state? well i guess its time to get even and get my coon/ deer hound back out on friday night before season opens saturday

dog

Re: out of state deer hunters

Post by dog »

I hate out of staters as much as anyone , specially the ones that wave their money around. Thats not the way to go about it though , if they leased the property they have every right to rid it of trespassers and their dogs

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

reddogrunner wrote:Just lost 300 acres of prime running ground to out of state deer hunters. Come in wavying tons of cash and locals cant match them. I have tried for years to lease this place with no luck. why cant they stay in their own state? well i guess its time to get even and get my coon/ deer hound back out on friday night before season opens saturday
Why don't u get a better job to make better money.
TheJohnBirchSociety

reddogrunner

Post by reddogrunner »

got permission on three adjoining landowners so i want be tresspassing and dont worry about how much I make cant pay thirty dollars a acre

bunnytracks

Post by bunnytracks »

littlewoody wrote:
reddogrunner wrote:Just lost 300 acres of prime running ground to out of state deer hunters. Come in wavying tons of cash and locals cant match them. I have tried for years to lease this place with no luck. why cant they stay in their own state? well i guess its time to get even and get my coon/ deer hound back out on friday night before season opens saturday
Why don't u get a better job to make better money.
:oops: :oops: everybody I know KNOWSBETTER....

19rabbit52

Post by 19rabbit52 »

This land lease garbage is what will eventually bring an end to hunting. Hunting is turning into a rich man's game. When hunter participation gets low enough hunting will get outlawed.

khensler01

Post by khensler01 »

join the lease if you can.you will have it all to youself after the bow and gun hunting is over.Other rabbit hunters not allowed on it because of lease.turn it into a positive thing.I have other spots but the lease allways has rabbits to run year around I'm the only rabbit runner.most on are lease are out of staters,when there done it's all mine. :D :D

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

reddogrunner wrote:got permission on three adjoining landowners so i want be tresspassing and dont worry about how much I make cant pay thirty dollars a acre
Stop bitchin about someone who can. :cool:
TheJohnBirchSociety

dog

Post by dog »

All I can say is if I payed $30 an acre to lease a deer hunting spot I would dang sure rid it of any dog running those deer

Ron Conroe

Post by Ron Conroe »

dog, what about if they run a rabbit on to your leased land, would you shoot them then.

warddog

Post by warddog »

I've made this statement on these boards before and will make it AGAIN. The time is very near that if you don't own, lease or hunt public property YOU will not have anyplace to hunt. I sw this coming many years ago as through my 50+ years of following hounds I have seen many changes and the loss of habitat both for game and the ground available to to even hunt have become more and more scarce. I worked my a** off to put back enough to buy 106 acres and my couisn and I joined a local hunting club lease of 1500 acres. We tried to hunt some of the state ground but it never produced the numbers of small game to be worht the time and effort of having dogs. I'll also say that I have seen many advertisement signs posted on property here in the state of Indiana from hunting land lease companies and they buy up ALL they can get theur hands on. There is property just two miles west of me that is handled through one of them and numerous piecxes of PRIME amish owned property just north of rickville, In that is leased from this same company. I hate to preach but the good ole days of folks allowing others to hunt even if they are your neighbors are about OVER. Many city slickers moving to the country and most small farmers have been taken over by corporate farming operations. Ever hear of FARM SUBSIDIES? Well if not and you know a farmer try looking up farm subsidies, type in their name and see how much tax dollars we have given them to farm nothing or assure they get the market price for their goods. Don't take my word for it look up one of your favorite farmers to see how much they have received in subsidies.

dog

Post by dog »

no but i would kindly find the owners and inform them to keep them one their own property or the game warden would be called , trespassing is trespassing. after that they would pick them up at the pound. If they were on my leased land running deer , you bet i would

warddog

Post by warddog »

Ron Conroe wrote:dog, what about if they run a rabbit on to your leased land, would you shoot them then.
Just curious if folks think that this is NOT trespassing or that it would not be in violation of the law for ones dog(s) to chase or for a hunter or a dog to retrieve downed game on private land without permission?

dog

Post by dog »

seems people were just belly aching not to long ago about deer hunters on public land , now they have a problem with them on private land , even thier own . seems some just want everything for themselves

MPankratz

Post by MPankratz »

Well it may not be legal, but if you're not on the land yourself, you're not trespassing.

I don't now how it is where you guys are, but around here cranberry companies own lots of land that's basically public. One tract I know of regularly has three or four bow hunters. It's not public land but it's treated as if it were. I've been hunting back there for almost fifteen years. Good grouse hunting at times.

The land behind my house was just purchased by another cranberry company and I let my dog run on it once in a while (tonight, for instance). I'm gonna try getting written permission to go back there, though. The other tract has a long history of being used as public land, this one I'm not as familiar with, and instead of just letting the dog run around a bit, I'd like to get back there and actually hunt it before they start tearing everything up.