Bev

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Trevor Robertson

Bev

Post by Trevor Robertson »

Hey, just wandering if you have had any luck with the rabbit? I just starting trapping this past week and have caught several rabbits. The snow we got here in Ky. made it pretty easy to find good spots to set the traps.

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Trevor, to be thruthful, we haven't set it yet. We've kinda been waiting for a snow to watch for prints indicating the travels of the elusive Indpls. Yard Bunny, lol! All the snow has fallen south of us so far. Since we don't have regular rural-type terrain around here, it will help us decide where to set it. Our neighbors already think we're weird for having 15 dogs, I'd hate for them to catch me crawling around in their bushes, lol! It is a wonderful design, a lot of beaglers go thru this place and all have commented on how nice it is, yet simple to build and use.

We are expecting some snowfall this weekend and I have an apple ready. I hope I catch one - I have a couple of 5-month old pups I'd like to turn it loose for. I'm still planning on doing a write-up with pictures, but I'm hoping to get a pic with a cottontail in there.

bsbowhuner

Trevor - share your design

Post by bsbowhuner »

Trevor, we all respect Bev's words and if she thinks highly of your rabbit trap design, then share it with the rest of us. It sure beats popping down $50 per "Have-a-Heart" traps. Thanks

Beagle Bum

Post by Beagle Bum »

Bev, how about including the plans in the next TAB? I think we could all use a better mouse (uh rabbit) trap.
Let's Count Our Blessings, Not Our Problems!!