Super Comanche 410

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

TickTownBriarBuster

Super Comanche 410

Post by TickTownBriarBuster »

Any body have one of these, I just bought one and wandering what is the best shells to shoot and what kind of range do you guys get with them? Thanks, God Bless and Happy Thanksgiving!
Grand Victory Kennels
http://www.grandvictorykennels.com/
Home of:
Shultz Creeks Hillbilly Gauge
FC Crystals Checkered Lilly
FC Huberts Blazing Blue Angel

Gabby's Beagles

Re: Super Comanche 410

Post by Gabby's Beagles »

I shoot 3" Winchester. They don't recommend it but I haven't had and problems . I've killed rabbits at 30 yds. Love mine it's fun to shoot and easy to carry. It's the only gun I rabbit hunt with now.

warddog

Post by warddog »

Gabby's Beagles wrote:I shoot 3" Winchester. They don't recommend it but I haven't had and problems . I've killed rabbits at 30 yds. Love mine it's fun to shoot and easy to carry. It's the only gun I rabbit hunt with now.
I've had mine for about three years and shoot 3" Rio shells that I bought a case of online on sale. I've had the same experiance with mine with shots between the 20 to 30 yard range. I never cared about killing a rabbit anyway but this thing surprised me. We only kill a rabbit or two a year but I have no problem taking one when I shoot at it with this Comanche.

TickTownBriarBuster

Thanks fellows, I was just wandering what shot size is best someone said to use 7 1/2 or 8 does that make sense? I just killed my first rabbit this morning using this gun.
Grand Victory Kennels
Home of:

warmule

Post by warmule »

ive shot a box of shells so far this year with my judge killed one rabbit ive been shooting 7and half winchester i wish i had got contenter but haveing a ball shooting at them
John 3:16

Gabby's Beagles

Post by Gabby's Beagles »

I've killed 5 with mine this year. Have only shot 8 or 9 times

Bunnyblaster

Post by Bunnyblaster »

7 1/2 3" shells.........it's a lot of fun but I gotta admit I can't hit the broad side of a barn with mine. :oops:
Bunnyblaster

"You can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

warddog

Post by warddog »

I use 6 shot in my 3" shells. Don't shoot at many but have had good luck when I have shot at them.

mike carder

Post by mike carder »

I am thinking about getting one for rabbit hunting. i am having a problem hitting them with a shotgun. this should be fun!!!

TickTownBriarBuster

Well I don't know about everyone else but I am having a blast with my pistol. It is sure a lot of fun when you don't care if you kill many or not. Plus if your buddies happen to miss one and you get it with a pistol you can sure ride the hide off of them. LOL
Grand Victory Kennels
Home of:

Duke

Post by Duke »

I had one it was fun....spread was very quick, it really wasnt an effective killing machine. Id shoot 3 inch 7.5.

If you want to be more effective, later buy a Thompson Contender. I had fun with my commanche.... I started killing a lot rabbits with my contender and when I fire a 45 Colt its very accurate and fine deer killing pistol to 50 yards.

2barrel

Post by 2barrel »

I found that 2.5 Rem. #6 work best in my Super Com.. I discovered this by shooting at cardboard at diffent distance. I feel confident at 15 paces. Beyond that reposition and let the dogs work some more.....lol