hey tnbeagleman

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

New York Hillbilly

hey tnbeagleman

Post by New York Hillbilly »

Hearld,
Thank goodness I found a place for these culls to go. I thought I was stuck for good! I packed them up this AM in a crate together so they would stay warm (and to save on shipping). :lol: I included lots of PAPERS to keep them from bouncin around to much and to give them something to read on the way. Oh yeah I forgot to tell you they could read!! We learned them how so they wouldn't go on posted property. :lol: And so they could read the map when we went on road trips. They ride a mean shot gun in the truck. So I guess you could say they are not "Gun Shy". Feel free to use those papers if you decide to trial them. They may not be accurate but they are close as I'm sure they really are beagles. This I know cause the lady at the pound told me so! I hope they arrive in time for x-mas cause I only packed enough deer meat in there for them to eat for a couple days. I know they will eat the deer meat cause they are the ones that caught it to begin with. :lol: You can keep the hide and use it in their new box so they have something they are used to. Please let me know how much I owe you and I'll e-mail you a check! ;) Thanks again!

Your Hillbilly buddy
NYH

tnbeagleman

Post by tnbeagleman »

:lol: OK would you mind if I used those hides for some of the others to lay on those coyote hides are about worn out. I lost a dog the other day. I would hang out tanning boards about the size of the rabbit that I wanted them to go catch and bring in and they would go get it and bring it back well, I turned loose a big red and white male the other day and without thinking my wife sat the ironing board out on the porch and that dog has been gone for days, looking for a rabbit with a hide that big, and I'm not sure he will find it.So I can use those you are sending, and the fact that they can read is good, but I was wondering if one of them can count my counting dog is getting old and I have always depended on him keeping the count so as for me not to get more hides than: I should have for a season, and so far I have not got a citation.. Oh and if you know of anyone with a kangarro beagle let me know!! I have a good one but he is getting old also, he is an Australian Kangaroo beagle we have had him for a long time and since he has been here there has not been one Australion Kangaroo set one foot on our property ,but I Imagine they are hard to come by , so if I can be of more service let me know!! Thanks Tnbeagleman

DRamey

Post by DRamey »

Tn, would a wallaby work? Had a hound once that would run the hide off a wallaby but leave a 'roo alone. I think he watched too much "winnie the pooh." That TV has ruirnt many a good hound. Had a female that watched soaps all the time and you can just guess why I couldn't hunt her with my males. One was a nut for ER and any time a hound got too hot and laid down in the shade he rolled it over on its back and went to thumping on it with his paw. Bandaged a lot of bloody tails and ears, though. I had one that watched that "Animal Planet" show where the city animal police came to peoples' houses and arrested them for leaving their poor dogs outside in the cold. He insisted on sleeping in my bed and putting me on the couch. I was afraid not to, he knows the number for 9-1-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

DRamey, what kind of hillbilly are you anyway? The proper spelling is "ruernt". :haha:

New York Hillbilly

hey TN

Post by New York Hillbilly »

TN,
I'm sorry to report I have no Roo Runners or Wallaby Walkers to offer at this time. I do however have a very fine Sloth running beagle for sale. He runs a very clean line but is much to fast for my pack!! :roll: I'm not sure of the breeding down under but on the top side is RCh Duck Bill's Plat A Puss. :lol: And, he may go back to Mars Sue Peal!! And as far as the hounds I mentioned in my last post (the readers) yes they also count. But I must confess not very well! They can count only to 16 due to having had their dew claws removed as puppies. :lol: Sorry I was not able to post sooner but I have been busy with the new job I started.

Peace in runnin
NYH
When my life on earth is ended....this is all I'm gonna say...Lord I've been a hard working pilgrim on the way!

DRamey

Post by DRamey »

Bev, I stand corrected. I do know of one old fox hunter in West Va. that was fond of saying about his hounds after they had run fox 10-12 hours that they came in to the fire (far) "plumb roont." When a hound is "roont" it is much worse off than a hound that is simply "ruernt." According to him, it takes an extra day to get over "roont."

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

My Aunt Lil from down home used to say "reernt" If she would happen to scorch my chocolate gravy and biscuits, I'd say "Aunt Lil, you rurnt the gray" and she'd say, "It's not reernt, that's French cookin'." ;)

tnbeagleman

Post by tnbeagleman »

Hillbilly I don't need no Sloth runners, as far as I know we don't have any Sloths around here, there used to be one , (I think his name was Fred), but they moved.Dramey I'm not sure about wallabys I may not know what them are?But as for watching tv now there is something my dogs know, they occassionly watch the local news to get the weather and they all enjoy an ocassional baseball game except for one , he is from around Ar kan saw and he would run to his house and hide during the game but I think I know the problem . My dogs would stand at attention during the singing of the national anthem ( all but one , I got it from Plowboy and it thinks "Rocky Top" is the national anthem) but they would all watch the game until the umpire said" SWING and a miss" and that there arkansaw dog would run for cover so I don't let him watch games because I think that phrase" A Swing and miss" reminds him of someone or something. Well we need to move on with this this thread before someone accusses us of bragging on our dogs and besides you and Bev are confusing me over this runt, ruernt,rurrened stuff. Yall dont need be so tecknal.