Edited by me

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

WSRandy

Edited by me

Post by WSRandy »

After giving thought to what has happened and receiving several emails supporting me I decided to remove this post and appoligize to any it may have hurt. My intentions with this post was not to hurt the NKC or make anyone think down on them. My intention was to let people know I wasnt banned for cheating or anything of that nature. I was banned for speaking my mind. I can see from the emails that letting this he said she said to continue would do good to not a soul. I know many of you are willing to be banned yourself to stand up for me, and I appreciate that, but my intentions are not and have never been to bring down the ARHA or NKC, I would have no reason for that and to attempt to do so makes me no better than the next guy. PP was good to me, I had a lot of fun, I just didnt agree with everyone. I ask you all to just let it go, I will take my punishment and go on. Please no more negative responses. I am moving forward. I am positive at this point I have earned the dreaded lifetime ban, but its probably just as well. Everything happens for a reason...so they say. Sorry I ever vented here. Hope you understand.

Randy
Last edited by WSRandy on Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hilltop Kennels

Post by Hilltop Kennels »

I have been hearing about this situation for months and it kind of funny nobody wants to talk about it and do mean nobody. If I'm not mistaken we should all be in this together, I do not know who is right and who is wrong and DO NOT CARE. I can tell you one thing dishonest people will not win in the long run. They might win the small battle today but the good Lord will get them in the end, if cheating who ever did it is worth destroying the Beagling world and then the rest of us are in trouble. Everybody in this situation and I do not know who you are and do not care, should step and tell the truth even if it does mean some kind of punishment. The Good Lord will want honesty and humbleness way before anything else we bring him when it is are time to meet him. Good luck to everybody in this situation because it sounds to me like a bad situation for the beagling future.

Post by Guest »

Good post Randy
Im glad this whole thing is finally out in the open and is no longer tring be be swept under the table. I understand that you were not the only person who was punished. I have heard there was another that got barred for 3 years and another that got 3 years probation. All of which got all liscense revoked and can no longer hold any club office. I will not post the names because I feel that they should have a chance to speak on their own. Isnt this kinda harsh punishment for doing NOTHING?
I think all of this is very under handed and I do not feel I can trust any of the PP leaders or the owner of NKC anymore. At first I thought it was time for all the PP clubs to join forces and get rid of the leadership but the more I think about it I think it might just be time to let PP and the NKC die out. The owner is no better than the leadership of PP. I would bet that you wont be seeing the Chairman pat himself on the back anymore because of all the growth that PP has had. I get so tired of hearing how "they" have made PP grow and how great the "PP family" is. I think a better name for it would be the "PP MAFIA". I think PP is on its way out.

AlabamaSwamper

Post by AlabamaSwamper »

and so, this is one reason I decided to stay away from trials.

One cheating incident could be rumor but after 100's of them I have heard, I'm beginning to think it happens and happens waaayyyy to often.

NOt saying either way on this, I have no say in it and have no idea what happened and don't really care but.......... by doing what I do with my dogs, there is no way I ever will be around it.

Maybe UKC is the future since I hear very little if any about crap happening with them like this.
"No stronger bond exist than that between a man and his dog."

Link to RabbitDawg board. (Old Southernbeagles board)
http://www.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=6643

warddog

Post by warddog »

This type of stuff is exactly why I quit the nite hunts. I don't understand why people continuously keep going to these things when they know that they are being swindled. If you must compete then just send your hard earned money to the cheater and let him tell you which one of you was first sending him their money. The results of first through 10th place will be posted in the magazines while the cheater skips all the way to the bank with more popularity and your money. I don't even understand how folks can be a party to something that bars you for voicing your constitutional right to "Freedom of speech" be it right or wrong. How can these registries be called clubs or associations, when using our beagles as a tool for notority and making money is their ONLY common interest?

crewchf

Post by crewchf »

WOWWWW, Guys... I'm two months into an ARHA PP club. Is this stuff the reason only a few members show for meetings??????? I guess We picked the wrong sport!!!! Hell we love our pups and don't need clubs to have fun chasing rabbits anyway. Alabama Swamper, I agree with you, and WS Randy I'm sorry you're going through this.

Crew Chief

Narrow is the gate and few will enter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Randy, you know I'm sorry to hear about the outcome of what should have been a minor issue settled between club members. I can't believe it came to this. I've known you and Shannon, and the others involved for years, we've shared rooms on road trips, some of your first dogs came from our kennel, and I know you all to be honest and forthright, and always ready to help someone. You are good stewarts of this sport. This time you fell on the knife for some beaglers who were too afraid to make waves. I just hope they appreciate your sacrifice the next time they pay their fee and run for a trophy.

It takes a higher caliber of person, an objective person to examine his own club's integrity and not be afraid to say "If we're wrong, we want to fix this". You should be giving seminars to other clubs, not suffering a 3-year or lifetime ban.

Before I did all this magazine business, I was CEO/Administrator of several large healthcare institutions over a span of 12 years. A couple of them were in deep trouble when I took position and it was my job to clean up the mess and put 'em right. The one thing I learned almost immediately is that the leader sets the tone for all those below him/her, and that can change daily. If I came to work in a foul mood, by noon all my employees would be snapping at each other, and I'm sure the process would repeat itself with their families when they got home. If I came in smiling and optimistic, their troubles just didn't seem so big and there was cooperation and laughter in the hallways. That's a humbling realization and not one to be taken lightly.

The other lesson I had to learn was to hire competent people and then let them do their jobs. This requires a lot of faith in your hiring decisions, and a lot of self-discipline. I agree with both side of the "We make this place what it is" issue. The players, employees and little guys are certainly big contributors to the success of any organization, but only if they are allowed to do their jobs and are happy in their work. Whether an organization does well or falls flat on it's face, the cause can always be traced to the top. The buck stops there. It did for me and it does for anyone else in a position of leadership.

Don't worry about those 17 dogs in your backyard. I'm sure the beagling community can find you a place to run them. Best of luck in all you do.

crewchf

Post by crewchf »

WS Randy, You're a CLASS ACT and I'd be proud to call you a friend.....

Crew Chief

Emery

Post by Emery »

I read the original post. Put it back. If the truth hurts, then they should do something to fix it. You are welcome to stay at my home anytime you happen to come through SE MO.

Emery
Be ye kind one unto another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

guest 007

Post by guest 007 »

I agree - put back the original post. Truth will set you free. People need to hear the truth - even when it hurts. It's your call, but I do agree that others should hear this about PP - or any other organization for that matter. ... The sport needs more people like you to STAND UP for what you think is right. Heck, not just this sport - but anything in life that is worth our time needs more people like you are willing to stand up for what you believe in. Shame on those who let you down by being cowards and not standing up for the truth. Randy, have earned much deserved respect by many. Keep your head up.

J Stinnett

Randy

Post by J Stinnett »

Randy,

I read the first post & the second. I have to tell you, Your a heck of a person! I understand your 2nd post & I agree with it. Let bygones be bygones & move on. I am sure your really hurt by this. I wish you & your family the best! Jim Stinnett - Briar Busten Beagles

warddog

Post by warddog »

I read and responded to the original post but don't think that it had any bearing on my thoughts. I haven't trialed in numerous years and doubt if I will in the future. Your original post did however earn my respect, as a fellow beagler it proves that there are still many of us that don't take kindly to underhanded stuff. It also proves that the ole saying of "if you can't lick them join them" don't hold true either. I don't condone lieing and cheating but I do look up to a person who stands up for what they believe in. In the government where I work we call it Whistle Blowing and have laws protecting it. The strength of any club, union, organization or association starts at the top and trickles down to the bottom and not from the bottom growing to the top. You have my respect and admiration for Blowing the Whistle on them. Maybe they will learn that United they stand, divided they fall.

Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Sorry to hear about what happened Randy, but I agree with the others, put your original post back. I personally couldn't sleep at night if I didn't call it the way I saw it, and when you are telling the truth there should be nothing to hide. After all this is American, Right?

Big Dog
Black and Tans, Blue Ticks, and a few others bringing smoke

DarrinG

Post by DarrinG »

Many people didnt get to read the original post, so we are left wondering. I'd much rather hear an eyewitness account than rumors, that can STOP more rumors. :oops:
+++
He's coming....are you ready?

TC

Post by TC »

I have been Following The original Post and Agree with everyone else. Randy You DID WHAT WAS RIGHT and NOTHING WRONG Please put your Original post back for all to see and judge for themselves. RIGHT MAKES MIGHT and the TRUTH will always win in the End!!!
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be