Mullins Black Rocket

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

jumpNrun

Mullins Black Rocket

Post by jumpNrun »

Im Looking for some info on this dog and or any other Turbo studs that are still alive.. or pups for sale.
LpGrch Lpbch Smith's Blue Goose 1st 2012 Il state hunt-1st 2013 Indiana state hunt-2nd 2013 Grand Nationals- Best of show In State
Lprch Hbch Smith's Blue Moon
Lprch Smith's Rolling Sweet Lucy (RIP)

jessiescrogham

Re: Mullins Black Rocket

Post by jessiescrogham »

we have a son to turbo . Dehaven's Turbo BLue He is over 12 years but we raised three litters by him this year they were big litters and we have some of them started you can check him 0n my web site Scroghams Blue Kennel

jumpNrun

Post by jumpNrun »

Nice hound Very interested in Him!
LpGrch Lpbch Smith's Blue Goose 1st 2012 Il state hunt-1st 2013 Indiana state hunt-2nd 2013 Grand Nationals- Best of show In State

rock pushin rabbit hunter

Post by rock pushin rabbit hunter »

Get up with Teddy or Mike Delong. Either one should be able to tell you where Rocket is. Ran against him alot back in the day. He was tough on a rabbit.
Home Of
LPGRCH LPBCH 2013 Ky. State Ch. Winner Dixie Drivin' Big Show
LPGRCH 2012 Autism Hunt Winner Hicks' Edge
LPGRCH Watts Rabbit Traitor
LPRCH LPBCH Longwoods Krusher
LPRCH Cave Run Josie

Joseph J Murphy

Post by Joseph J Murphy »

My Dad bought a pup from Jesse out of the Dehavens Turbo Blue dog.We like him very much.His nose is constantly on the ground.We are doing his yard training right now and he learns very quickly.We will know more in the next month or so when when we start him !
J Murphy / Murphy's Kennel
Bring on Dream Team 3 !!!!!!

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

jumpNrun wrote:Im Looking for some info on this dog and or any other Turbo studs that are still alive.. or pups for sale.
Littermates:
Mullins Black Rocket
Turbo Powered by Turbo
Turbo's Super Sport
Blue Breeze

that the ones off the top of my head. I onwed Sport, and have seen Turbo and many of his pups go.......all of these dogs had good speed, good nose and could all pound a rabbit. this is a great cross that has produced well with several different outcrosses. Get with john queen (he owns turbo by turbo) he can help you out on any outcrosses. I have heard of a few good pups out of Rocket....just havent seen any myself.
steve
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

jumpNrun

Post by jumpNrun »

Thanks again guys! all this info is helping little by little! Thanks for the PMs also. Im a fan of the double turbo female Blue Moon i have out of Reggie shes a little pack champ and a ukc HB champ ive bred her 2 times and shes a good reproducer if you ask me. My first litter is already finishing good in the hunts some have ukc wins also. My Rolling trails X Moon cross has alot of speed and line control they love a large pack! Catch Rabbits solo more than in a pack. I also bred her to Two Timin Petey hes a littlermate to Boomer by Barron (Heli-prop-ali baba). Pups are 5 1/2 months old and i have 3 i started already My pic of the females drove some fast speed and drives on a pack of 6 yesterday saw a sneak peak of what is to come with that cross! So bump for a reproducing Turbo bitch!

Ken Yerian

Post by Ken Yerian »

I have a big male that is a maternal grandson to Mullens Black Rocket. He can run the heck out of a rabbit but is 16 " Welcome to breed to him .
http://beaglefieldtrials.com/ipb/pedigr ... k-sherman/
Ken Yerian
Burr Oak Beagles

jumpNrun

Post by jumpNrun »

Ken Yerian wrote:I have a big male that is a maternal grandson to Mullens Black Rocket. He can run the heck out of a rabbit but is 16 " Welcome to breed to him .
http://beaglefieldtrials.com/ipb/pedigr ... k-sherman/
Dose Rocket throw big dogs?

jumpNrun

Post by jumpNrun »

sanfordssj wrote:
jumpNrun wrote:Im Looking for some info on this dog and or any other Turbo studs that are still alive.. or pups for sale.
Littermates:
Mullins Black Rocket
Turbo Powered by Turbo
Turbo's Super Sport
Blue Breeze

that the ones off the top of my head. I onwed Sport, and have seen Turbo and many of his pups go.......all of these dogs had good speed, good nose and could all pound a rabbit. this is a great cross that has produced well with several different outcrosses. Get with john queen (he owns turbo by turbo) he can help you out on any outcrosses. I have heard of a few good pups out of Rocket....just havent seen any myself.
steve
How was your sport dog what did you like the most about him?

wildcatfan0309

Post by wildcatfan0309 »

i judged rocket back in the day and he was good running hpund but what i found most impressive about him was his hunt had very extreme hunt the day i judged him
i had one 2 yr old male out of rocket he was a nice dog as well

FrogsCrkBeagler55

Post by FrogsCrkBeagler55 »

I just lost my male out of Mullins black rocket and Indian hills Ellie. He was one of the best I have ever owned. He would hunt one speed all day and could run one like he was tied to it. He will be missed, but I have two litters out of him. The first litter is three now and all are good rabbit dogs. The second litter is 4 months and I can't wait to get my female I keep started

jumpNrun

Post by jumpNrun »

Rocket has a stud add on the ukc forum.