Pro-Pac 30/20

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

S.R.Patch

Pro-Pac 30/20

Post by S.R.Patch »

Got some Pro-Pac 30/20 to try with the hounds, it's suppose to be a better grade of food, but I tell ya, noth'un has improved them as much and as fast as feeding them beef shoulder roast, liver and bones this week... :shock: ... the pearly white teeth are back, no plaque...hair is good and the thickness of the loin is coming back, and the reduction in the poo and it's consistency is small and easy to shovel up...you almost forget what is possible until you get them on some old freezer beef, what a difference... :nod:

bucks better beagles

Re: Pro-Pac 30/20

Post by bucks better beagles »

SR: Do you feed this stuff raw or do you warm it up, boil it, or some other way? Do you mix anything in with it?

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

I just took the filet knife and cut it up in 1/2thumb size chunks and mixed it with the kibble an poured warm water over it.
I left some meat round the bones and found some old soup bones also. gotta put them out on chain or they fight over bones but they can sure polish up their teeth and break off any plaque from the kibble on the rear molars by chewing them. they work an work to get the marrow out of the bone.
Beef is ok fed raw .

I got $3.69 lb in fresh whole beef, had a 1/2 beef extra that didn't sell so had to clean out the old freezer. They been eating old cabbage, sweet corn also.
You dig down to the bottom of a freezer hard tell'n what you'll find... :nod:

TickTownBriarBuster

Post by TickTownBriarBuster »

I have a lot of extra meat in the freezer too, what do you think about feeding wild birds like quail, turkey, maybe a few rabbits will that kind of stuff have to boiled before feeding?
Grand Victory Kennels
http://www.grandvictorykennels.com/
Home of:
Shultz Creeks Hillbilly Gauge
FC Crystals Checkered Lilly
FC Huberts Blazing Blue Angel

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

I feed raw deer, raw turkey, raw rabbit. All just meat, no guts of any sort, uncooked. I worm them a little more, but man they are as hard as rocks!! Thick hard muscle and they seem to recover from a hard run with ease. I do this about 3 days a week, then feed Purina Pro Plan performance with Nupro( about 2 days a week). They seem to do real well on this regimen, but it may not be for all.

I read that you should not feed raw with kibble as it is digested the same so feeding them separate is more optimal in them doing there job. I have done this the last two seasons heavily and my hounds endurance, weight, and coat has improved drastically. Last year was Black Gold for kibble, but this summer it took a dive and my hounds looked terrible. Dull dry coats and very poor muscle. Since switch to Purina I see a dramatic difference in mine.

Good luck with Pro Pac, it gets quality reviews so it should be better than most, IMO.

chris1971

Post by chris1971 »

Pro Pac is what i have fed for the last three months and dog look good and less stool.