Reward stolen Butkus female and 3 Tri-tronics collars TN

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

duckbuster38401

Re: Reward stolen Butkus female and 3 Tri-tronics collars TN

Post by duckbuster38401 »

There is a micro chip that just shows a number and you register the number, but the likelihood of one of our hounds going to the pound is not high. Besides I know the pound here, there looking too. It hurts, bad! I have 450.00 for her as a puppy and Don brought her down on a trip down here. She was sure showing a lot of promise.
Jason McMeen
931-446-1467

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

adirondackjoe wrote:just a question. is there some kind of tracking chip we can put in our dogs? i had a dog stolen once. it hurts.
They are getting close to it but its gonna be another 5 to 7 years or so... Garmin and sport dog are looking at it and oddly enough Walmart is the driving force of the technology because they want to RFID their products to stop theft and track down stolen goods... The biggest problem out now is the battery issue and the distance issue without breaking FCC laws.. They have some neat devices out this year at CES 2013 that you can place on a collor or whatever and track it with a smart phone but it can't be implanted.
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

duckbuster38401

I'd say we will see it in the next 10-15 years. They would have taken the trackers too. People now a days are crazy.
Jason McMeen
931-446-1467

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

I chip all mine , I know it's not a cure all but I feel they will help and it's farily cheep .
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

jason38

Post by jason38 »

yea you can git chips put under the skin of youre dogs. Dont no how much. It would be cheaper to put lead under the skin of the dog theif I hate a theif and Ill let it be non if I see some one around my kennels or dogs out in the wild I will shoot first and ask questions later I worked and spent to much time in my hounds to let some one take them............If I see or her any thang that looks like its stolen I will post it and thats a fact.

duckbuster38401

Still No word on my female, its not looking good.....
Jason McMeen
931-446-1467

yoteslayer

Post by yoteslayer »

Do you live in town or in the country??? I hate to hear of this kind of thing. Knock on wood but Ive never heard of a dog being stolen around here.

Keith C.

Post by Keith C. »

I hope you get your dog back.

I have thought about tattooing all of my dogs with their registration numbers, in their right ear and maybe on their stomachs.

Does anyone else do this? Do you think it would help?

Keith

powerstroke85

Post by powerstroke85 »

i think that chip you put in them and register it to the pound would be alot better than a tatoo that way you can be registered with the county also cause if they get your dog that is the first thing they check for

Jakeboy

Post by Jakeboy »

I think tattooing is your best bet then it is visible. You have to put it on the inside of the leg if you put it on the ear they can just cut the ear off where it is tattooed. The micro chips are not any good if the dog doesnt get scaned.

duckbuster38401

I live in the country, we were hunting out in the country. I have seen a dog or two that was freeze branded. I just dont like the look. I guess it would protect the dog from being stolen but, I just dont liek the look. I have thought about the tat to the ear. The chip doesnt do any good unless its scanned. Still no sign as of today....makes me sick.
Jason McMeen
931-446-1467

bmgreen91

Post by bmgreen91 »

Any updates or luck?
Brian Green

rackhntr

Post by rackhntr »

I hope you find your dog. I think someone around here stole mine tuesday and he either slipped his collar or they took it off because he came home today without one. Maybe they will take her hunting near your house and she will come home with the other guys collar on her. Id say if the theives are from the area you might just see her somewhere. Wish you best of luck!
Home of
HBCH Quaker Knob Jill
Quaker Knob On The Spot
Quaker Knobs Lonesome Rebel
Quaker Knobs Lonesome Dixie
Quaker Knob Hannah Jae
Quaker Knob Bitsy Boo

hskennels69

Post by hskennels69 »

Duckbuster 38401, I know you said you don't like the look of branding but it sure would detour many thieves from taking your dogs. Make sure if you do this make the brand your kennel initials or something of the sort and register it when you send your papers in, that way it is recorded...Now they know you have good dogs since I'm sure they have hunted it, so you better do something or it will be a free for all for them....Many nights I've heard car doors when people shouldn't be out and I've been out in my underwear, high powered rifle in hand, ready to fix the problem, luckily I've only had one incident with a car full of guys and when they put the headlights on me, revved his engine like he was gonna hit me and that red dot appeared on his forehead I've never seen a car spin around so fast in my life,LOL....Never have had a problem since,LMAO...
Home of:
LP R. CH. UKC DUAL CH. PKC SILVER CHAMPION OLD DIRTY SOUTH PLAYBOY
H&S MUSTANG SALLY

duckbuster38401

No luck to date. I don't know, it's crazy. I figured she would have showed up by now.
Jason McMeen
931-446-1467