Letter from AKC

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

yoteslayer

Letter from AKC

Post by yoteslayer »

I recieved a letter from AKC a couple of weeks ago and decided to open it tonight for some reason, didnt know it was gonna ruin my day. I will skip some of the blah blah blah but here is what it says:

A DNA certification was conducted on a dog in your dog's pedigree/lineage. The DNA resultsindicate that this dog could not be the offspring of the parents to which it is registered. Please be advised that this does not imply incorrect parentage or incorrect identity of your dog or any offspring of your dog.

Because your dog is a direct decendent of a dog in the litter with incorrect parentage, the registration of your dog and its offspring have been placed on referral. This means that AKC services will not be provided if the dogs in this litter are bred, sold, or transferred, and awards will not be recorded if these dogs participate in any AKC sanctioned or licensed events. We regret the necessity of taking this action.

The breeder of the litter with incorrect parentage has been notified and we have requested additional DNA samples to determine correct parentage. If correct parentage cannot be established, the AKC will evaluate the excluded litter to determine if it meets the conditional registration program requirements. Because your dog's direct parentage is not in question, there is no action for you to take at this time. All recorded owners will receive written notification at the conclusion of this inquiry.

Thanks for your patience in this matter

END OF LETTER

I really want to know what part of my dogs pedigree is in question. I will post his pedigree, I need some serious help here. I paid a good amount of money for this pup and have been questioning his looks since he was about 5 months old. I will post a pic of the hound tomorrow for you guys to take a look at. I bought this dog as a possible trial dog, now i have wasted my time and money on a POS that cant even hunt in AKC events. Im about to throw in the towel and go back to big hounds and chase coyotes. I have poured every free minute, which doesnt end up being alot of time, into this dog for the last 8 months for nothing. Dishonest people need to be shot like the good old days, if and when I find out who is responsible for this I will post there name, phone number and address for all to see.

Very disappointed in my fellow man,
Ryan Meier

yoteslayer

Re: Letter from AKC

Post by yoteslayer »

LpRch FDWNR Coal Mine Specks X FDWNR Shadowed Acres Contradiction

Name: Chasin Smoke and Mirrors
Sex: Male
Breed: Beagle
Whelp date: 12/24/2011

Breeder: Jim Rodgers
Owner: Ryan Meier

Parents--------------------------------------------2nd Generation------------------------3rd Generation-----------------4th Generation
LpRch FDWNR Coal Mine Specks-------------IFC Green Bay Butkus-------------IFC Green Bay Shooter---------------IFC Melanson's Ranger Dan
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FC Pine Acres Mollie
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------FC Green Bay Wiley---------------NLPC FC S,R. Donald Butch
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FC Busca Bound Minka Marge
------------------------------------------------------------ Ackerville Abbey----------FC Green Bay Dickey Doo---------FC Freddy Line Joe
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FC Murray's Holly Prop
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ FC Green Bay Wiley----------NLPC FC S,R. Donald Butch
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FC Busca Bound Minka Marge

FDWNR Shadowed Acres Contradiction--------FC Glacier Ridge Renegade----------IFC Green Bay Shooter---------IFC Melanson's Ranger Dan
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FC Pine Acres Mollie
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Natures Newborn Reba----------Pooh Bear Brewster
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Spring Creek Kate II
---------------------------------------------------- FC Green Bay Blue Bay-------------- Maravic's Blue Clues---------- IFC MJR Mitsou Argenteuil Striker
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FC Maravic's Blue Moon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FC Mr. Stubs Nikita-----------FC Maravic's Aladdin
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Maravic's Mr. Stubs Dianna
This pedigree generated at http://www.RabbitDogs.net
Last edited by yoteslayer on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.

yoteslayer

Post by yoteslayer »

Last edited by yoteslayer on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swing

Post by swing »

yoteslayer, i dont know anything about this stuff, does it show which dog doesnt match up?
Trent

No one plans to Fail, they fail to Plan

Aaron Bartlett
Site Admin

Post by Aaron Bartlett »

Lots of well known dogs but the way you posted the pedigree its hard to tell much about it. You need to use dashes in front of names to align them correctly. Like this.

--------Dog A
----Sire
--------Dog B
Pup
--------Dog C
----Dam
--------Dog D
Crane Creek Kennels

yoteslayer

Post by yoteslayer »

No it gives no specific info. I have a lead to which cross is in question, but like I said im not going to point any fingers until this is figured out.

yoteslayer

Post by yoteslayer »

Ok thanks

rabbit chaser

Post by rabbit chaser »

ryan, I have a couple of thoughts on this. first, if im not mistaken (someone correct me if i am wrong) if a dog has more than 5 litters it must be DNA profiled per AKC. that eliminates a BUNCH of those dogs on your pedigree. Both the green bay dogs and the Maravic dogs are in alot of pedigrees so I would think you could cross those off the list. Thanks to AKC not giving you even the slightest hint on which side or generation its a crap shoot to know for sure. Hopefully the additional tests will clear things up. you may want to get ahold of the breeder and see what they got for a letter. If the owner of your pups dam got one then you know the mess is on that side and eliminate half your pedigree right there. good luck and I would be extremely unhappy as well but you never know it may make the best rabbit dog you ever owned and remember it is certainly not the pups fault for what someone pulled in the past.
Thumper Jumpin Kennels-home of:
Thumper Jumpin Luck-E-Colt
Thumper Jumpin Lil Terror on Paws
Behne's oopsie daisy
Behne's lady

lebro

Post by lebro »

of course im sure akc will keep all the money you sent them. they sure like our monet but give little help in return. i hope all turns out well for you and keep us updated.
broad ridge blaze,critter, delta, everstrong

yoteslayer

Post by yoteslayer »

I received a PM, The cross in question is Butkus X Ackerville abbey according to the pm. That is hard for me to beleive, but hopefully we can find something out for sure. Im going to call AKC today and find out whats going on. I tried calling the guy I bought the dog from and he has changed his number, but by the looks of things he may not have known either. Like I said the two guys that own or owned these two hounds at the time of the breeding are reputable guys, and that makes it hard for me to beleive that something got fudged in that breeding. Does anyone have pictures of the parents of my dog??? I should also call the breeder listed on the pedigree if anyone has his info PM it to me. Thanks

jon cornett

Post by jon cornett »

Once a male reaches his 7th litter then he must be DNA certified, this is the male only, if they would DNA the females too alot of this false papering would stop, then again we would be out more money to the AKC, which is a non-for profit organization ??

yoteslayer

Post by yoteslayer »

I called AKC they informed me that the parentage of coal mine specks is in question, i have a strong feeling that this will be sorted out, due to the fact of the guys who own the dogs being questioned, butkus and abbey. Akc claims that the sire of coal mine specks cannot be butkus. We will see how this pans out. I swear my male pup is more basset then beagle. Ive never seen a beagle even remotely close to resembling my hound. He loves to hunt rabbit either way so im gonna keep him. I am just looking for a decent explanation of what happened. I can buy all the grade dogs one man can handle and be perfectly happy with them, however when i buy a well bred dog, i expect him to be that. I mean no disrespect to any of the parties involved, i just get frusterated being on the F****d end of everything all the time.

Gene W

Post by Gene W »

Specks has been DNA'd, so this will hopefully be sorted out for you. This stinks if done intentionally!

mundellm

Post by mundellm »

I see your dog was breed by Jim Rodgers. I know of a Jim Rogers in Missouri that was a big time basset breeder. I'm not saying its the same Jim Rodgers.

Aaron Bartlett
Site Admin

Post by Aaron Bartlett »

Hopefully its just a honest mistake and not done on purpose. I know a guy that bred one of his females to one of his males and had a litter of pups. One of the guys that got one of the pups kept insisting as the pup got a little older that he didnt think his pup was out of said male but instead believed it was out of one of the litter owners other males. DNA testing was eventually done and the owner of the pup was correct and the pup was out of the other male. The entire litter was eventually DNA'd and everything straightened out. I cant remember if the entire litter ended up being from the one male or if there was some pups from each male. The only thing that could of happened in this case was that the one male bred the female through the pen because they were never even let out together. The pen was a manufactured pen with like 1"x3" squares and was on concrete.
Crane Creek Kennels