hunt prizes

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

iowabeagler

hunt prizes

Post by iowabeagler »

What are some of the more unique and cool prizes you have won at hunts? What are the boring ones that you value less?

bbg

Re: hunt prizes

Post by bbg »

I value a 4th place ribbon earned in the best class of bitches I have ever seen at a field trial, under hard working judges.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

I remember when they used to put dog collars in sacks of dog feed. I was just like a kid with a box of Cracker Jacks looking for the prize... :lol:
I think anything a beagler/hunter uses in the sport is a good thing. Things the hounds chew up or that rust away, chain gangs or tie-out stakes. Gift certificates for Chaps/boots, dogbox/collars also helps support the vendors...winning is always good. :nod:

rackhntr

Post by rackhntr »

I won 2 bags of dog food and a full body massage one time! Never used the massage but now I think I should have! LOL
Home of
HBCH Quaker Knob Jill
Quaker Knob On The Spot
Quaker Knobs Lonesome Rebel
Quaker Knobs Lonesome Dixie
Quaker Knob Hannah Jae
Quaker Knob Bitsy Boo

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

rackhntr wrote:I won 2 bags of dog food and a full body massage one time! Never used the massage but now I think I should have! LOL
Was Bev at the hunt? :lol: I seen her kiss'n and dancing but never a masseuse. You missed yur chance... :D

Load Em Up

Post by Load Em Up »

My favorite prize is nothing you could put a value on or hold in your hand. It was just recognition. Even if it was meant for a laugh, my dog earned it. She was recognized as the first dog in the club to require two trial collars hooked together to fit around her neck. The trophies and medals are nice, but the recognition for something not everyone can get is priceless. (Thanks Ike)

Sweetrunner

Post by Sweetrunner »

Wow! Never herd of a massage prize at a beagle hunt!!

rackhntr

Post by rackhntr »

Sweetrunner wrote:Wow! Never herd of a massage prize at a beagle hunt!!
It was a raffle ticket for a place down the road. Just cost 1 dollar and I only got 1 ticket and won. My back says I should have used it. LOL
Home of
HBCH Quaker Knob Jill
Quaker Knob On The Spot
Quaker Knobs Lonesome Rebel
Quaker Knobs Lonesome Dixie
Quaker Knob Hannah Jae
Quaker Knob Bitsy Boo