ATTENTION GEORGIA BEAGLERS

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Beagle Bum

ATTENTION GEORGIA BEAGLERS

Post by Beagle Bum »

I NEED YOUR HELP .
I am in the process of petitioning the Georgia DNR to change the hunting regulations so that we can train our hounds on WMAs year round. Right now we can only do so during Rabbit Season. I have a petition that is circulating right now but I need as many signatures as possible and I need them prior to January 3, 2003. DNR holds their public meeting on January 6th in my area and I need to know what I have before the meeting. If you can help me obtain signatures or would like more information, please contact me know via email at RossRM123@aol.com and I will either email or fax you copies of the petition and background information.
Let's Count Our Blessings, Not Our Problems!!

Derek Edge

Post by Derek Edge »

Well dang, when did they change that rule? I was thinking that you could already run the dogs any time you wanted, but I just looked in the regulation book and it isn't so. I think that, personally, all dog hunting sports will be stopped here in Georgia. All of the counties that allow deer hunting with dogs have been put on probation. From what I hear, it will no longer be allowed. When I asked what the reason was, the answer I got was that the dogs get on other peoples property. So what's next, rabbit hunting? Anyway, I will for sure sign the petition, just email it to me at houndsman23@hotmail.com.
Introduce a kid to our sport, and you will have a friend for life.

Post by Guest »

The DNR has a board that views all the situations with the DNR and you need to get a copies to them also and make a personal appearance in front of the board with as many others that you can get to go with you,Ga DNR sucks to and that would be a compliment.The Ga DNR is the main reason i first moved to Alabama cause of the regualtions on the type animals i have and enjoy.Alabama DNR is much more relaxed that Ga and will work with you and seems tobe concered about human rights as much as animal rights.Good Luck in your efforts.

Beagle Bum

Post by Beagle Bum »

:D Thanks Derek, documents on the way. Your help is appreciated, we need to keep :hammer: away at this if we want any changes made.
Let's Count Our Blessings, Not Our Problems!!