Buck's Branch Willie Boy / Buck's Branch Englebert

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Randy Osborne

Buck's Branch Willie Boy / Buck's Branch Englebert

Post by Randy Osborne »

Still looking for 15" FC Buck's Branch Willie Boy and Buck's Branch Englebert 15" females. Tried getting them from Les Blondino also. I would like some grown dogs now, but may have to still wait on puppies. I thought I found some from a new friend and a very nice guy, had about what I was looking for and was very excited, but had none for sale! Needless to I was a little disapionted! I thought I was going to get a male puppy from him and was tickled over that even, but was gone before I could get it or changed his mind. Thanks (e-mail countrydreaming@hotmail.com) hm ph 352-753-2243 cell 352-638-0429

deerhost

Re: Buck's Branch Willie Boy / Buck's Branch Englebert

Post by deerhost »

Randy, Andre here, how are you? If you want to find info or someone with those lines of dogs. go to the espo beagle board. This site is really not geared towards that style dog. Also if you can not find pups out of that line, get a female that suits you that is as close as you can get to that line and then breed her to males from that line.....good luck....DH

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

Andre, I can see you haven't been over to the ESPO site lately. It definitely is not geared toward those type of hounds. It is geared toward a slower style of hound. It is a UBGF board. If you want to read about Stubby, otis, blackjack, and the over whelming favotite Short's dogs that would be the place to go anything else and you will be out of place.

deerhost

Post by deerhost »

I know gwyoung and you are correct, I've been over on that board and it is not for me either. But I still think he has got a better chance at getting in touch with someone who runs those lines on the ESPO board then on here. I know you are partial to the Kalagha stuff maybe you can point him in the right direction.........DH

Randy Osborne

Post by Randy Osborne »

Hey Andre, Thanks for replying. I do not know of to many sites for beagles that I like except this one and Better Beagling! I also do not want slow UBGF,or any real slow type of dog either, but each to their own. I have had walker cat and fox hounds, since before I had a driver's license and I will be 55yrs old this Feb.(ouch! 55))and had access to some many bloodlines here is the south (FL), of which just like in beagles a lot of the bloodlines I did not prefer. I have found (to me) that speed is one of the most easy thing to breed into your dogs. I have tried to study from pedigrees in Better Beagling, follow field trial results, and see the different parts of the country (hare,rabbit,etc.) NE states,mid south,deep south,etc. and see what might be the best for me here in the south (central FL.)that would be best for me here just running rabbit only. I may be wrong about the Kalagha stuff they may be slower than I think, but after watching video's,field trial results that dogs,place in PA,NY,VA and etc, have noiticed dogs like Wingates Captain Nemo, Hollywood Star, Buck's Branch Lucy Lu, alot of Eddie Gooch's, dogs all have Kalagha blood in them and they place all over. They might not be bred strickly for hare dogs, but I noitced that they are placing all over on rabbit trails and a lot of regular gun hunters that I talk too seem to like them. I thought maybe Kalagha, might be like the Flat Creek dogs that that Dan Lang, Eddie and so many others are running down the middle type dogs. I might even want to use some Flat Creek blood also. I have plans on crossing on some faster type dogs also.I'm trying to get a line of dogs that might cross good on several things that I think will not be reckless, but real descent speed for me also. I have never been so frustrated as to not have access to see in person the dogs and different bloodlines (distance) and the money to be able to do this in all my years of hunting! I refuse just to go out and buy up eveything under the sun or do have the money too do so! I am noted when I had walkers as to not feed dogs that do not suit me very long one way or another and I will not do so in beagles also. I'm excited about the new beagle adventure!I love the Better Beagling Magazine. I do not want the Deep South style of dogs either and have plenty of access to them. Maybe some of you guys have some good ideas on this. I enjoy this site and all the good ideas that I read. You never get to old to learn! Andre I lost your phone number and e-mail address! I really thank you for your looking out for me! your friend. Randy
Last edited by Randy Osborne on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Randy Osborne

Post by Randy Osborne »

Hey Andre, Thanks for replying. I do not know of to many sites for beagles that I like except this one and Better Beagling! I also do not want slow UBGF,or anyreal slow type of dog either, but each to their own. I have had walker cat and fox hounds, since before I had a driver's license and I will be 55yrs old this Feb.(ouch! 55))and had access to some many bloodlines here is the south(walker bloodlines) (FL), of which just like in beagles a lot of the bloodlines I did not prefer. I have found (to me) that speed is one of the most easy thing to breed into your dogs. I have tried to study from pedigrees in Better Beagling, follow field trial results, and see the different parts of the country (hare,rabbit,etc.) NE states,mid south,deep south,etc. and see what might be the best for me here in the south (central FL.)that would be best for me here just running rabbit only. I may be wrong about the Kalagha stuff they may be slower than I think, but after watching video's,field trial results that dogs,place in PA,NY,VA and etc, have noiticed dogs like Wingates Captain Nemo, Hollywood Star, Buck's Branch Lucy Lu, alot of Eddie Gooch's, dogs all have Kalagha blood in them and they place all over. They might not be bred strickly for hare dogs, but I noitced that they are placing all over on rabbit trails and a lot of regular gun hunters that I talk too seem to like them. I thought maybe Kalagha, might be like the Flat Creek dogs that that Dan Lang, Eddie and so many others are running down the middle type dogs. I might even want to use some Flat Creek blood also. I have plans on crossing on some faster type dogs also.I'm trying to get a line of dogs that might cross good on several things that I think will not be reckless, but real descent speed for me also. I have never been so frustrated as to not have access to see in person the dogs and different bloodlines (distance) and the money to be able to do this in all my years of hunting! I refuse just to go out and buy up eveything under the sun or do have the money too do so! I am noted when I had walkers as to not feed dogs that do not suit me very long one way or another and I will not do so in beagles also. I'm excited about the new beagle adventure!I love the Better Beagling Magazine. I do not want the Deep South style of dogs either and have plenty of access to them. Maybe some of you guys have some good ideas on this. I enjoy this site and all the good ideas that I read. You never get to old to learn! Andre I lost your phone number and e-mail address! I really thank you for your looking out for me! your friend. Randy

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

Andre, I believe you are right about the contact info over there, and what is mostly on this board as well. This board is more of a Hare hound board and ESPO is a UBGF board. Doesn't seem like there is a forum for a hound that runs between a 6 and a 7 with control, it is one extreme or the other. I was the one who gave Randy, Les Blondino's phone number.

Randy Osborne

Post by Randy Osborne »

Hey GW, what federation does Les Blondino run in? When I talked to him, I thought he said he does not run UBGF or of course Deep South, but somewhere in between. Like the Flat Creek dogs. What is your take in this? I may have understood that though.Thanks Randy

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

Randy, You understood him correctly, He does not run UBGF. I haven't seen many Flatcreeks run for quite some time. Flatcreek Joshua and some of his offspring were probably some of the last ones that I seen run. In my opinion Kalagha hounds are similiar in speed and I think this is what you are asking. I am not a trialer but I believe there are federations and associations. You asked about the Federation and I would say that Les does the Bulk of his running in The NEBGF

Randy Osborne

Post by Randy Osborne »

Thanks GW, I thought I heard him correct. Very, very, nice guy to boot! By the way Andre was one of the first that had e-mails with and talked too after I got rid of my walkers and got into beagles! He has been very helpful and very friendly, as he has done for others. Randy

gfedor

Post by gfedor »

Good luck on your search for this line. Im not a trial guy, just a die hard rabbit hunter who needs a dog to hunt hard,have grit,desire etc. ive been with beagles over 20 yrs plus. My best dog I ever had was a kalagha/flatcreek with 2 shots of mr bill. She was the best all around dog I ever had! Med plus speed, grit/hunt was amazing , big nose, and kennel manner was great. I had heralmost 12 yrs, and never barked in kennel. Im working a pup now from dan langs stock, flatcreek mozart sire to a mr bill bitch. She is working out ok, like the briars, big nose.

mjohnson

Post by mjohnson »

I plan on breeding a FC bitch of mine to Willie Boy as soon as she comes in heat. She is the real deal and an outstanding jump dog. She also won trials on hare and cottontail. Her only fault (IMO) is she can get rough on the line at times but I'm hoping Willie puts a lil more control into the pups. I've already contacted Les and made most of the arrangements. You can find more info on my bitch on my website, her name is Maggie. I have quite a few pups spoken for, but I can add your name to the list if you'd like.

I bred her 2 years ago to FC Flat Creek Bust N Loose Bandit and had great results. Put some of the pups in Derby trials last year. All that were entered placed; my Star dog won a few.

Randy Osborne

Post by Randy Osborne »

Yes, I have the same idea! I really think Kalagha/flat creek and maybe a touch of some other stuff I have plans for will be what I want. I have tried studying and studying and looking and etc.. before contacting some of these hunters. I know everyone has their own ideas,but I think this as foundation stock will meet my needs. I like how the Eddie and Pete dog that Dan Lang has also. Gfedor sounds like he has some good bred ones! Mjohnson how do I look at your Maggie and kennel site? Thanks everyone for your input. You guys are good! I only said good because GOD is the only who is GREAT, but your still good! Ha! Ha! Thanks

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

Randy, When you are speaking of Andre, you can add knowledgeable to his list of attributes.

mjohnson

Post by mjohnson »