arha lil pack ruff swingers or clean rabbit dogs???

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Parker7

Re: arha lil pack ruff swingers or clean rabbit dogs???

Post by Parker7 »

PrussiaValleyKennels wrote:I will take a dog that stays tight in the check any day over one that reaches way out,they will check a big reaching dog to death from the inside! PKC is the way to go!JMO :nod:

So does Pkc minus dogs that swing big in a check or skirt on the pack? I'll answer that. NO!!
They are the same dogs that run ARHA and AKC. Are they smother running or cleaner hounds?
NO!! Same dogs, different format.

bigdogpace

Post by bigdogpace »

WELL I ENJOYED THIS POST I FOUND OUT THAT AFTER 45 YRS. OF HOUNDS I DON'T KNOW ATHING ABOUT ADOG . SO I GUESS I'LL JUST KEEP ON RUNNING AND NOT WORRY ABOUT PAYING SOMEONE ELSE TO TELL ME WHAT I GOT.JUST TRY TO FIGURE IT OUT MY SELF MAYB IN THE NEXT 45 YRS I MIGHT GET IT RIGHT OR CLOSE
BIGDOGPACE

Parker7

Post by Parker7 »

Let me clean that up a little, because I like to run Pkc some times.
But they are not all line dogs in that organization or any organization.
That was the point I was trying to get across. Any time you promote
speed to the rabbit race the number of checks is going to go up. So
with that being said start counting to 15 at your next trail and I think
A lot of us will realize we are running the some style dogs for the most
part.

lebro

Post by lebro »

brace!!!! they dont even leave the line to pass a slower dog just go right under him.now that is line control to the max and you have to be impressed with a dog that is that determined to stay on the line and still get the front.
broad ridge blaze,critter, delta, everstrong

smokedawg

Post by smokedawg »

The ones that I have owned that like to swing out and hook were never slow. Everyone I had that did that was naturally faster than the pack and would leave the line guessing while trying to catch the rabbit. If you ran them solo, they ran the line but when you added a couple of dogs they went back to that rough swinging that I dont tolerate. Like patch, I believe some if it is inherited and some a learned behavior. Either way they dont eat here anymore. Sad part is for the most part they would hunt and jump rabbits like their hair was on fire but once they caught a couple rabbits with the swinging method, they wouldnt run the line anymore with a pack, only solo.

Lee Cockman

Post by Lee Cockman »

There is one thing you can got to the bank and write checks on Bigdogpace. You cannot run in a pen your whole life never get out of North Carolina and tell me how fast dogs are just saying. :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

I have also learned that you may affend a few people if you tell the truth about how slow these AKC dogs are from down south. :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:
Last edited by Lee Cockman on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
C&F Cottontail Kennels

C&F's Cinnamon Run RedBug
C&F's Talkabout TBO

bigdog

Post by bigdog »

bigdog little pack does not promote a dog of that nature! what are u talking about!

bigdogpace

Post by bigdogpace »

BIGDOG AS USUAL I DON'T KNOW WHAT IM TALKING I POSTED WHERE I HAD NO BUSINESS POSTING IF I OFFENDED U I APOLOGIZE .I DONT TRIAL SO I HAVE NO BUSINESS COMMIT ON PEOPLE WHO DO.
BIGDOGPACE

wildcatfan0309

Post by wildcatfan0309 »

bigdogpace wrote:BIGDOG AS USUAL I DON'T KNOW WHAT IM TALKING I POSTED WHERE I HAD NO BUSINESS POSTING IF I OFFENDED U I APOLOGIZE .I DONT TRIAL SO I HAVE NO BUSINESS COMMIT ON PEOPLE WHO DO.
:oops:
got to respect a man that can admit when hes in the wrong
:check:

Brooksidebeagler

Post by Brooksidebeagler »

Little Pack has both ruff swinger & clean rabbit dogs. Most of the time it depends on the scenting conditions & cover that a cast is run in which style will win. I do not understand why some guys get on here & bad mouth little pack & our "Ruff" dogs when they don't trial LP. There are alot of dogs that have finished in AKC midwest that competed in LP & won alot & are now some of the top stud dogs in the country. So I guess when they started competing in AKC they magicly changed from a Ruff LP dog to a smooth as silk rabbit driving machine. Lets get real. There is no doubt that there are alot of different running styles of beagle out there but just because they do not match up with what you like does not make them worthless & horrible dogs. Find the style you like & then have enough respect for the person who likes a different style that you don't have to get on the boards and bash them. I have run with dogs from alot of different formats & my LP dogs are not nearly always the roughest dogs on the ground

Not nearly all dogs that are rough & swing do it because they don't have enough foot to run with the pack believe me I have owned 2 of the roughest dogs I ever seen run & neither one of them was lacking any foot.
R CH B CH Denniston's Big River May Fly
R CH Hurry Up Curly
R CH Little Valley Claire
R CH B CH Hurry Up It's All Speculation

bigdog

Post by bigdog »

i accept the apology! i think i got mixed up with bigdogpace. my mistake all is good here.

mike hoover

Post by mike hoover »

Amen brookside. We are all here for the love of listening to a great pack run. Some prefer a diferent style it does not make that style bad. Its all up to what you like.
Beech Creek Beagle Kennel
Big Meadows Promise (RIP)
LPGRCH Kannons Light Lady Buckingham
LPBCH Prevos Rock n Roll
LPBCH Stones Seldomn Scene Bonnie (RIP)
LPRCH BCBK Give it to me Dirty

rabbitearl

Post by rabbitearl »

Amen Brookside and Mike.I ve seen guys go crazy about the walkie talkie dogs.I ve been to there trials too and seen alot of good people there that love there slow dogs as good or better than we love our faster dogs.I look at it this way.Its not the speed of dogs that I look at anymore or the breed of dogs, FC there and FC here.or what format you run.But the person behind them dogs means ahold lot.

peytonbeagles

Post by peytonbeagles »

wildcatfan0309 wrote:
bigdogpace wrote:BIGDOG AS USUAL I DON'T KNOW WHAT IM TALKING I POSTED WHERE I HAD NO BUSINESS POSTING IF I OFFENDED U I APOLOGIZE .I DONT TRIAL SO I HAVE NO BUSINESS COMMIT ON PEOPLE WHO DO.
:oops:
got to respect a man that can admit when hes in the wrong
:check:

Bigdogpace's word is as good as gold. Not a better fella around and you cant listen to him when he says he don't know nothing, he has been around and done more than many of us ever will. :check:

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Regardless of what we all like, we've all seen the pendulum swing to the left, then the right. But, the standard says that a hound should be honest in his work, gambling was only mention as a demerit, not a asset.
When LP started what I saw was everyone's good rabbit hounds being competed against each other, there is no denying, things have gotten faster and rougher as a percentage over time. Progressive pack was started and it grew more conservative over time to such a degree that many rabbit hunters would describe their hounds as "Tweeners" meaning, more conservative than LP, but faster than progressive pack.
I always figured the best rabbit hound should win in either. Things always have a way of righting themselves when we go to far wrong...that has always been the saving grace of the beagle. jmho :biggrin: