Green bay Butkus?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

pd65

Green bay Butkus?

Post by pd65 »

Does anyone know if Butkus is still being offered at stud?or where I can get a pup off him?thanks

east80kennels

Re: Green bay Butkus?

Post by east80kennels »

last i had herd he was off the market. put u a post on here someone may have one they will sell u.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Two pups for sale on the puppies section now off of Butkus' sister and nice FC male. I spoke with the gentleman about them today. Should be a very nice cross of dogs!!

Good luck!

Butkus is not at public stud, talk with his owner pretty regular.

Ken Yerian

Post by Ken Yerian »

http://sundownbeagles.com/ heres a link to Sundown Beagles . They have a Feb. litter coming out of Butkus and Lowes Rose. Should be a great cross. I really don't need any more pups at this time but if they have an extra female it will be hard to turn down.
Ken Yerian
Burr Oak Beagles

rabbit chaser

Post by rabbit chaser »

BCBeagles wrote:Two pups for sale on the puppies section now off of Butkus' sister and nice FC male. I spoke with the gentleman about them today. Should be a very nice cross of dogs!!

Good luck!

Butkus is not at public stud, talk with his owner pretty regular.
Maybe im the only one that scratches my head every time i see this but why would a guy pay (i would assume "big bucks") for a hound of this caliber and not offer him at stud to recoop at least some of the money he spent for him and secondly to at least pay for the dog food for him and the rest of his hounds in his kennel. Maybe its just me but i'd be hard pressed to say no to $3-400 cash rolling into my driveway every couple of weeks in stud fees. The only reason i guess is if i had a WHOLE LINE of my own females in the kennel that i was breeding him to but even then i just don't get it. someone please enlighten me? :???: :???:
Thumper Jumpin Kennels-home of:
Thumper Jumpin Luck-E-Colt
Thumper Jumpin Lil Terror on Paws
Behne's oopsie daisy
Behne's lady

k5blazer

Post by k5blazer »

To each his own. His dog he can do as he wants. Evidentially he don't need all the bull that goes with it. JMO
D&A KENNELS

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Blazer you sumed that up nicely. Tim enjoys the dog and did not buy him to earn some extra income. I believe he hunted him today.

Good running to all!

I did just see another 4 month old off of him and a Jasper female go flat NUTS on rabbits today in a puppy pen. He was rip roaring around on them. My buddy who owns him was thrilled. Ole Buster may make something, time will tell.

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

I had my Butkus hound out yesterday he was getting it done in the cold at 9 degree.
TheJohnBirchSociety

APFII

Post by APFII »

littlewoody wrote:I had my Butkus hound out yesterday he was getting it done in the cold at 9 degree.
My litter mate sister to your dog puts a smile on my face every time I take here out :D Tim is probably to busy to put up with the bull of standing a dog at stud . Plus he bought him to enjoy .

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

APFII wrote:
littlewoody wrote:I had my Butkus hound out yesterday he was getting it done in the cold at 9 degree.
My litter mate sister to your dog puts a smile on my face every time I take here out :D Tim is probably to busy to put up with the bull of standing a dog at stud . Plus he bought him to enjoy .
I agree ! :D
TheJohnBirchSociety

Chuck Prather

Post by Chuck Prather »

I have 2 males out of Butkus/FC Spencers Blue Flame and I like them both! Tim is a great guy and I can only imagine the calls about Butkus. Surely it would be a full time job just answering the phone!

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

How old is butkus?
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

my male out of butkus is awesome! +1 took a few males out of big name IFC dogs and then I found the right male...and he is out of BUTKUS and speedy sport on the bottom.
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Butkus will be six this upcoming summer. He is a nice dog and reproduces pretty well.

Brings some nice qualities. I enjoy the ones I have linked to him. They give good effort each time out. iMO, a well rounded hound line.

Maybe some fault them for size, because many are 13, but you can't fault them in being valuable in the field. Not always the flashiest dog in the pack, but they will always put in plenty of work.

DHKENNELS

Post by DHKENNELS »

I have 2-16 month old male littermates out of Butkus X Branko's Second Beauty and 2-2 year old females out of Butkus X Hunt em Blazer Margret and Butkus X Greenbay Dolly. These dogs are all I can ask for they are the total hounds. They all can really pound a rabbit!!