NEW CLUB IN WESTERN KENTUCKY????

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Steve CLK

NEW CLUB IN WESTERN KENTUCKY????

Post by Steve CLK »

My friend, Chris & I, along with our sons Will & Zach are talking about starting a beagle club around the Paducah or Mayfield area. Looking to try and holding the trials at the West Kentucky WMA. What we would like to know is there any one interested? Would there be some beagler's out there willing to help and get this thing going? Any judges out there be interested in judging? Right now we have no idea what all of this takes nor what format or formats we would like to pursue. We are willing to listen to what everyone has to say on everything. Thanks in advance.
Steve Lyell
CYPRESS LAKE KENNELS
SQUAWLIN' BAWLIN' HAWLIN'
Hickory, Ky

Seth Shipman

Re: NEW CLUB IN WESTERN KENTUCKY????

Post by Seth Shipman »

If you are thinking about holding UKC events there are Reps out there that sure will be willing to help out. Wether you want to hold hound and hunter or performance pack trials.

lebro

Post by lebro »

i would help anyway i can. will judge and bring dogs if it is little pack.
broad ridge blaze,critter, delta, everstrong

danpa14

Post by danpa14 »

I am interested. I live in Ballard co and work in Paducah. I have never trialed, so my help would be in field prep, food etc.

Steve CLK

Post by Steve CLK »

Everyone, I have had five people contact me regarding the forming of the new club. If any of you know someone in the area have them post a reply or send me or Chris1971 a PM.
Steve Lyell
CYPRESS LAKE KENNELS
Hickory, Ky

chris1971

Post by chris1971 »

We think for sure this could be a good area for a club. From what we have looked at in most formats we are at best two hours in any one direction from a trail. We will be contacting reps from several formats and find out what steps we need to take to make this work. We do not mind putting in the time to make it successful and will not cut corners just to have a trail. If it is not 100 percent we will not be a part of it. We know from past experience from traveling the country in bowfishing tournaments that if they are not done right then you can forget about having another one. We also know that it take alot of good people to make it happen. Feel free to pm any questions or ideas that you may have. Thanks

BEAGLEBLUES

Post by BEAGLEBLUES »

I am interested. I have gotten with Chris and he has my contact info. Just. Bump for a good cause.

Jamey.

Steve CLK

Post by Steve CLK »

I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE EVERYONE AN UPDATE. MY SON TALKED WITH THE PRESIDENT OF THE MIDWEST, I HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH THE ARHA AND WILL BE CONTACTING THE STATE REP SOON. I HAVE ALSO CONTACTED THE KENTUCKY DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND WILDLIFE ABOUT THE USAGE OF THE WEST KENTUCKY WMA. THE LADY I SPOKE WITH AT THE WMA INDICATED TO ME THAT THERE SHOULD NOT BE AN ISSUE WITH THE USAGE OF THE FACILITIES AND GROUNDS. THAT I WOULD HAVE TO SPEAK WITH THE AREA MANAGER AND COORDINATE DATES IN ORDER NOT TO CONFLICT WITH THE BIRD DOG AND RETRIEVER TRIALS THAT ARE ALSO HELD ON THE GROUNDS. I AM AWAITING HIS PHONE CALL. ONCE WE HAVE SOME MORE INFORMATION REGARDING THE DIFFERENT FORMATS AND THE RUNNING GROUNDS, CHRIS AND I ARE GOING TO SET UP A MEETING AND TRY AND GET EVERYONE INTERESTED TO DISCUSS WHICH WAY WE WOULD LIKE TO TAKE EVERYTHING. AGAIN, IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PLEASE CONTACT CHRIS1971 OR MYSELF. THANKS AGAIN!
Steve Lyell
CYPRESS LAKE KENNELS
Hickory, Ky

Murphy's Kennel

Post by Murphy's Kennel »

Sounds like a good deal!
HOF Murphy`s Dreaming Demon Gr.R.Ch Gr.B.Ch Triple X's Tango

bigdog

Post by bigdog »

i live about 2 1/2 hrs north of paducah. if you go with little pack our club would help as much as we could. my job would have alot to do with what i would be able to help with. i would help any way i could.

chris1971

Post by chris1971 »

I have had several texts and phone calls about this club which makes me excited. Once Steve and I get enough information we can set the date to have a meeting and get everyone together. We want this to work out for the kids so anything that you have really liked or disliked about trails please let us know. You don't have to reinvent the wheel but never hurts to think outside the box. We are looking for information not a bash fest about something or someone that made you mad. Please remember that we are new to this and want it to go over without to many glitches. Thanks in advance for your information.