Tadpole breeding

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Bear Creek Kennel

Tadpole breeding

Post by Bear Creek Kennel »

What can you tell me about this line of dogs

mrbazile

Re: Tadpole breeding

Post by mrbazile »

This came from the spo board.

I got to see him run. He was the real deal!

His check work was second to none!
His nose was seond to none!
His brains were secod to none!

He was sheer death on a rabbit in 90 degree heat! Small Rabbit, Doe Rabbit, Buck Rabbit did do not matter! He could run them ALL! Any scenting conditon you threw at him, he could excel in.

I remember hearing about a trial where the previous pack had run a rabbit (or gallery had seen one) and then when the next pack was ready to be cast about 20 to 30 minutes later out came Tadpole! Some one mentioned that they saw a rabbit in a certain spot 20 to 30 minutes ago, but by now no one could smell it.

Jim Byram, I am told said wait one minute. Let's let Tadpole try it. They cut him loose and THE CHASE WAS ON!

PD Short once told me, every exceptional do he had ever seen had an organized manner of working a check! Tappole sure did! In a chase if they dogs were hammering and the scenting was bad and there was a check,....the other dogs would drift backward and think they had overrun,....NOT TADPOLE! He was too smart for that!

He'd automatically check forward! He go forward about 5 yards of the point of loss and search back and forth frantically, in a rapid yet, controlled motion and 9 chances out of 10 he'd come up with the rabbit in a matter of a 1 - 3 seconds! Then be OUT OF THERE!

Mr. Jim would solo him right during the day in the Summer time, in 90 degree Mississippi Heat. Phil Byram once said, Tadpole had be soloed and soloed and soled so much when there is a check,...HE KNOWS HE IS GOING TO GET THE RABBIT!

Now, I'd also like to say this,...Tadpole was so smart,...it was enough to send chills down you spine! I was in Byram's Kennel once and Byram was feeding dogs, the other dogs were excited but not Tadpole. He sit there just a quiet and calm as could be! I then went to his kennel and sqauted,....Tadpole came walking up to me and stuck he face right to my face and looked me deep into the eyes,....and it was spooky! That dog had more sense than some humans!

Tadpole was a first rate dog, owned by first rate people! Not, only did I see Tadpole run I saw his Brothers WD and Eky Bob run too! They were also world burners!
http://www.tripplebkennels.webs.com
PP GrBch PP RCH Bramlett's Black Topper
Bazile's Black ace of diamond
Bazile's Black Diamond
Rough River Leo
Bazile's Black Jade
Jmac's Clay Hills Topsie

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

I would like a pup out of this hound

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

chapkosbeagles wrote:I would like a pup out of this hound

He has been dead for a little while now.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

O I never herd of him,but that is one hell of a sales pitch.

I was ready to buy a pup.

Lil.Bredemeier

Post by Lil.Bredemeier »

Sounds like neils kane dog he's tadpole gundog second to none
FCGD Lprch pprch GLOMSKI'S BIG TIME
LpGrch GLOMSKI'S CRIMSON FLAME

Bear Creek Kennel

Post by Bear Creek Kennel »

Thanks for the info so far guys. I have several dogs that are tadpole x black ace breeding and was just wanting some background info on them.

Lone Pine Beagles

Post by Lone Pine Beagles »

My Banjo dog is linebred Tadpole.
3 of his grandparents are directly out of him.
www.lonepinebeagles.com

pilotknob

Post by pilotknob »

I'm just learning about the Tadpole blood myself.From what I've been able to find out so far seems that there is alot of these dogs in ARHA PP and the UKC.Ga.has alot of dogs with this blood also alot of them just gundogs.