Sportsmix Wholesome Dog food

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

warddog

Re: Sportsmix Wholesome Dog food

Post by warddog »

I have feed the Sportmix 24/20 black bag for a few years until the price jumped up above what I could buy "the pride" for so I switched back to the Pride. Was feeding the pride prior to the Sportmix and have switched dependent upon what I can buy at a better price. It is what it is, dry dog food kibble, with about the only difference being the price.

Newt

Post by Newt »

I buy 500 lbs at a time and pay $22.60 for a fifty pound bag for the 24/20. Been feeding it for about ten years with good results.

grosswdg

Post by grosswdg »

me and a friend went to breed a dog in Ohio in 1999 and came out of Ohio with 20 bags and after feeding the dog food my buddy wanting to get more so i started selling the feed to my fiends and our dogs have done good on the feed.

Beagle Huntsman

Post by Beagle Huntsman »

I have fed Wholesomes to all my hounds (25-30) for a year or two. It is as good a dogfood as I have used. It has no corn, soy, or rice, and gives a dark hard stool. Puppies do extremely well on it. Longevity in your hounds is partly based on how well you take care of them.