Mink

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

z-nail

Mink

Post by z-nail »

Our beagle club is over run with mink. Needless to say rabbits are getting kinda scarce. You have a better chance of seeing a mink than a rabbit. Any suggestions on how to get ride of them? We had a guy who was supposed to be a "Trapper" come in this season but he never trapped a single mink. We have the 6 X 12 wooden boxes with the steel trap inside but I have never seen a mink caught in them.

johns03272008

Re: Mink

Post by johns03272008 »

here are you located? I can reach out to a some people on a trapper forum im on and see if anyone is close!!
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

Bull_357

Post by Bull_357 »

Those boxes are for weasels not mink.
Contenderized

19rabbit52

Post by 19rabbit52 »

If you're close to Jackson Mich. I can clean your mink out. If not post on trapperman.com as suggested and I'm sure someone can help. You could also study how to trap on trapperman.com and clean them out. Blind trail sets work good but you will also catch rabbits. If you have water, study pocket sets, very effective for mink. If no water learn the dirt hole set. Fresh red meat, fresh fish or jack mackeral are good baits.

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

19rabbit52 wrote:If you're close to Jackson Mich. I can clean your mink out. If not post on trapperman.com as suggested and I'm sure someone can help. You could also study how to trap on trapperman.com and clean them out. Blind trail sets work good but you will also catch rabbits. If you have water, study pocket sets, very effective for mink. If no water learn the dirt hole set. Fresh red meat, fresh fish or jack mackeral are good baits.
Thats the same forum im on and there is plenty of seasoned trappers that would love to trap those suckers!! They can be worth a pretty penny!!
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

z-nail

Post by z-nail »

located in PA will check out the trapper page. Thanks

mdbeagler

Post by mdbeagler »

What part of PA are you in. I could clean them out if your not too far.

John-PA

Post by John-PA »

z-nail what club are you a member of?

Bull_357

Post by Bull_357 »

Lets us know what club you are a member of in PA and I am sure someone on here can find you a trapper on HPA or other sites. Pretty crazy that there are that many mink at your club I have heard of run overs of weasels but never a bunch of mink.
Contenderized

Keith C.

Post by Keith C. »

There's at least a few of us that are both on Trapperman and here at the American Beagler.

Keith