Found CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP WORMER thoughts???

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

andrew_kirby

Re: Found CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP WORMER thoughts???

Post by andrew_kirby »

Thank you for the information on praziquantel had no idea that was in worm pills learned a lot. Also not sure how you got that I said it was unproven when I was refering to buying a bottle from a foreign company off of ebay, marked in a foreign language, controlled and regulated under very little foreign restriction based off the good word of a kid on a phone. But there is no sense beating a slow horse so good luck to you and your dogs.

bwe007

Post by bwe007 »

i'm sure the government regulations in china for pet medicines are just fine. :roll:
LPRC LPGRBC COAL HILL'S PRINCESS WILLOW 2010 PA STATE CHAMP 2012 PA STATE RESERVE
LPRC HAWG DAWG'S CUPID R.I.P.
LPRC LPBCH EMRICH'S BLUE WILLIE
RHOADE'S ROYAL BLU BELLE R.I.P.

APFII

Post by APFII »

Child toys ,dog treats,Meds ,and human food products,comming out of China should be held suspect.

island ridge hounds

Post by island ridge hounds »

mo beagler, i wouldn't blame anyone trying to save money taking care of there hounds, at least your trying to take care of them, alot of folks are still at the idea that a dog don't need worming because they don't see worms in there after food. i personelly use equamax for the heartworms and tapes, which has both ivomec and praziquantel and i have had great luck with it along with the safeguard everyother month. guys paying 10 bucks a dog for worming everyother month either don't have many hounds or have a great deal of money. even if your deal works i think i'll continue with my same stuff its worked for many years. when i take a dog into the vet he thinks it stays in the house its so clean of worms. good luck with your venture in the oriental pharmacy for dogs. let me know how things work out for you.
let honesty run through the veins of each and every judge at each and every trial at each and
every format.

pawpawnick

Post by pawpawnick »

$10/pill is alright if you're worming 1 dog. $150 if you got 15.
Go to Pet N Vet they have a product called Wormout $74 +shipping for 100 pills. A couple of my friends have been using it for a while and like it. I just gave my first dose 2 weeks ago, the dogs look good and no visiable side effects.
Kills Tapeworm, Hyditid Tapeworms, Round worms, Hook worms and Whip worms.

nchunter102

Post by nchunter102 »

I'm not using anything if I can't read the label..whether it's for my dogs or not.

fatboy

Post by fatboy »

Isn't that where the ingrediants came from that was used in dogfood a few years ago that killed some dogs. They do like lead and aresinic, over there. I wouldn't trust anything that cheap from over there. They had trouble with drywall from over there and I would think its easier to make drywall than good pills.

chris83

Post by chris83 »

Mo beagler im not knocking you at all for trying to save money but you can buy American made products and make your own drontal plus wormer i know because i do it. It cost very little but you need a good set of scales.and do your home work. just hate to see money go overseas when our country struggles.
lprc Harlow's To Small Jax's
lprc Harlow's Attila The Honey

warddog

Post by warddog »

Many people crack me up as they haven't a clue of what goes into their own food and drugs let alone the stuff they pay out the nose for to use on their pets. Case in point is that WalMart does NOT produce a single item of their own but yet they have their own brand name on many of them. Their meat and poultry is actually completely produced and packaged case ready by one of the Big corporate conglomerates that has placed the lowest bid for a contract. I inspected a ground beef processing plant that used to be close to me that had a big Wal-mart contract and the funny thing was they were producing " Laura's Lean" right out of the same establishment! The Walmart ground round was pretty high as is all ground beef now days BUT that Laura's Lean" was about double the price. The other current scam is the "Grass Fed" and "Organic" meat and poultry being sold as the healthier choice that you pay triple the price for.

bwe007

Post by bwe007 »

I have 13 dogs and buy a whole bottle of drontal plus. 50 pills for roughly $500. I've tried others but have never had the results drontal plus gives.
LPRC LPGRBC COAL HILL'S PRINCESS WILLOW 2010 PA STATE CHAMP 2012 PA STATE RESERVE
LPRC HAWG DAWG'S CUPID R.I.P.
LPRC LPBCH EMRICH'S BLUE WILLIE
RHOADE'S ROYAL BLU BELLE R.I.P.

billy

Post by billy »

I use safe guard. I buy the bottle for goats. It is the same formula for dogs, and I asked my vet about it. He told me the dosage to use and it has worked verry well. It cost just under 17.00 for 10 dogs
pprch Dano's Baby Girl

warddog

Post by warddog »

Mo. beagler

I bought some Drontal equivalent worm pills from greece about 6 to 8 weeks ago. I had a couple of dogs that were punny looking and they got treated with this drontal equivalent that cost me .50 per pill. BOTH dogs are looking great now so I for one would be interested in knowing how yours turns out. The stuff I got is labeled in English "for Veterinary use only" by a top pharmaceutical co. in Europe. I laugh at folks who think they know what they are buying as I have seen many repackaging operations in the meat and poultry business and my wife also works for a MAJOR pharmacuetical company. I'll guarantee a Micky D hamburger ain't Micky D hamburger and the real GOOD commercial is the one where the guy is asking where that roast beef is sliced. Better yet he should ask if the folks actually know where it is made? The only difference between Arby's roast beef and some of the other dagwood sandwich shops is just that, the roast beef is sliced there! All this crap is about like politics where the deciet, half truths and flat out lies are used to make folks believe they are getting something they ain't!

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

billy wrote:I use safe guard. I buy the bottle for goats. It is the same formula for dogs, and I asked my vet about it. He told me the dosage to use and it has worked verry well. It cost just under 17.00 for 10 dogs

I use safeguard too.. Is amazing stuff but it will not get one kind of tapes...
warddog wrote:Mo. beagler

I bought some Drontal equivalent worm pills from greece about 6 to 8 weeks ago. I had a couple of dogs that were punny looking and they got treated with this drontal equivalent that cost me .50 per pill. BOTH dogs are looking great now so I for one would be interested in knowing how yours turns out. The stuff I got is labeled in English "for Veterinary use only" by a top pharmaceutical co. in Europe. I laugh at folks who think they know what they are buying as I have seen many repackaging operations in the meat and poultry business and my wife also works for a MAJOR pharmacuetical company. I'll guarantee a Micky D hamburger ain't Micky D hamburger and the real GOOD commercial is the one where the guy is asking where that roast beef is sliced. Better yet he should ask if the folks actually know where it is made? The only difference between Arby's roast beef and some of the other dagwood sandwich shops is just that, the roast beef is sliced there! All this crap is about like politics where the deciet, half truths and flat out lies are used to make folks believe they are getting something they ain't!
I'll let you know how it goes. I shipped it to my old address on accident
chris83 wrote:Mo beagler im not knocking you at all for trying to save money but you can buy American made products and make your own drontal plus wormer i know because i do it. It cost very little but you need a good set of scales.and do your home work. just hate to see money go overseas when our country struggles.
and they are gonna ship it to me.

I would have loved that option but I cannot find the Praziquantel or febantal-- I have tried. Its not even in my chemistry chemical books to order.
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

HatterasBob

Post by HatterasBob »

Well, I buy the generic or no-name every chance I get. But, this is ONLY a Tapeworm wormer, does not affect Hook, Wip and Round worms. So in my book it is incomplete. Put cedar chips in your dog house may take care of the fleas. The other thing I notice is the dosage is 4 times greater than Drontel+ (@ 50 mg). That would concern me. I use to buy Allwormer from Australia @ .50 a piece, now they are $2, oh well. The only downside to buying from Australia is the 2-3 weeks shipping. In fact a few years back the Pet Mega store wouldn't sell Drontal to the US. I guess that has changed. I buy Allwormer from Australia, it works, it's cheaper than Drontal+, it doesn't need a prescription and the label is in English.

MaineDogs

Post by MaineDogs »

HatterasBob wrote:Well, I buy the generic or no-name every chance I get. But, this is ONLY a Tapeworm wormer, does not affect Hook, Wip and Round worms. So in my book it is incomplete. Put cedar chips in your dog house may take care of the fleas. The other thing I notice is the dosage is 4 times greater than Drontel+ (@ 50 mg). That would concern me. I use to buy Allwormer from Australia @ .50 a piece, now they are $2, oh well. The only downside to buying from Australia is the 2-3 weeks shipping. In fact a few years back the Pet Mega store wouldn't sell Drontal to the US. I guess that has changed. I buy Allwormer from Australia, it works, it's cheaper than Drontal+, it doesn't need a prescription and the label is in English.
is this the stuff you use?
http://www.vetnpetdirect.com.au/ALW

Mo, keep us in the loop how the stuff works out.