Found CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP WORMER thoughts???

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Mo. Beagler 5000

Found CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP WORMER thoughts???

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

I found this chinese knockoff of tape worm medicine.. I had a chinese kid read the label for me and he said its legit and from a real pharmacy company and the product is high quality. It is 50 tablets of 200mg praziquantel (link below)

You would get 100 doses for 17 bucks (free shipping) I read seller feedback.. If I were to buy the fish tapes it would cost over 150.00 for the same thing..

Does anyone have any thoughts about it? Kinda seems like a too good to be true thing but for 17 bucks, could it hurt??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-tablets-50-2 ... 27c99c59c2
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

cpuckett

Re: Found CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP WORMER thoughts???

Post by cpuckett »

hope it works for ya,,but i dont eat chinese food and aint giving my dog no chinese pills,if i cant read the label then i would not trust it,u can google canex tablets for dogs and can get them for 2 dollars a pill and they will get 11 different kind of intestenial worms includeing round-whips hooks and tapes
Puckett's Ridge Squallin Kennel

Mo. Beagler 5000

cpuckett wrote:hope it works for ya,,but i dont eat chinese food and aint giving my dog no chinese pills,if i cant read the label then i would not trust it,u can google canex tablets for dogs and can get them for 2 dollars a pill and they will get 11 different kind of intestenial worms includeing round-whips hooks and tapes

I did look for that but all I found for that was 3.19 a pill for the 22lb dogs and a couple of mine weight 25-27 lbs so I would have too use 2 pills at 6.40 a worming.

If I was still at a University I could have them test it for me to make sure it was in the right dosage and didn't contain any harful chemicals. I bought some from Austrailia once and it worked out great but I am out of them now..

chris1971

Post by chris1971 »

Just remember it is Chinese and they love to use lead and arsenic in everything. I was always told if its to good to be true it is and you cant fix a dead dog. I wouldnt use it myself but hope you have good luck.

bwe007

Post by bwe007 »

I can't understand why people will spend all kinds of money to buy, trial, run, feed, and gun hunt a dog but when it comes time for medicine you look for the cheapest way out. you'll spend $50 for fuel for the day running. $20 for a box of shells $40 for a bag of food. but when it comes to a $10 worm pill like drontal plus all of a sudden most people look for a cheaper way out. maybe someone can help me understand. :roll:
LPRC LPGRBC COAL HILL'S PRINCESS WILLOW 2010 PA STATE CHAMP 2012 PA STATE RESERVE
LPRC HAWG DAWG'S CUPID R.I.P.
LPRC LPBCH EMRICH'S BLUE WILLIE
RHOADE'S ROYAL BLU BELLE R.I.P.

19rabbit52

Post by 19rabbit52 »

It's real simple, many of us don't like paying 10 dollars for a pill that cost 5 cents to make if we can afford it or not.

andrew_kirby

Post by andrew_kirby »

19rabbit52 wrote:It's real simple, many of us don't like paying 10 dollars for a pill that cost 5 cents to make if we can afford it or not.
Simple or Cheap? Many of you may not but I will. Show me one knock off medicine that will work as good as what a quality worm pill will (Horse wormer one finger full...tried that once still had to buy the pill). 10 dollars aint gonna make or break me I spend more than that on random bad habits as do a lot of other guys if they think about it but yet you complain about 10 dollars to properly take care of your dog. I go to work to pay my bills feed my family and do what I enjoy.. feed and take care of good dogs without my dog dragging its ass on the ground along the way.

Edit: I read the listing. WHO IN THERE RIGHT MINDS WOULD ORDER THAT THERE IS NOT EVEN A PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH SO THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY READ WHAT THE PICTURES ON THE BOTTLES SAY. I make deals on the word and a handshake of a trusted friend or vet face to face not the broken english listing of who knows who selling adult multivitamins repackaged as worm pills. Would you buy a dog on ebay with a listing like that or would you rather go watch it run and listen to the man who owns it.

"I sell you dog half cooked you try for three months half. money you spend half goes to pet rescue"

MObeagler I dont know you you dont know me but your were talking about a good dog a while back you own that was doing pretty good in the trials would you risk that to save a few bucks.

I bought knock off beer one time when I was younger trying to save a few bucks all I got was a headache.

Hippy

Post by Hippy »

I would CONSIDER this a SCAM this low price and INCLUDES shipping. :loser:

Here is another "To Good to be True" http://beaglesforsaleonline.com/detail.php?siteid=88163 :hammer:

Good Luck,

Jim
"Today is the 1st DAY,of the rest of your Life"

cpuckett

Post by cpuckett »

mo beagler 5000 go to http://www.canadavet.com then click on dog and puppies wormers it will show pics of some wormers go to the bottom of the page and they list some wormers canex is the first double click on it it will show a white package with blue writing and there are 2 pills per pack and they are 3.99 per pack + shipping they do a good job i've been using them for a few years switchin to safeguard paste every now and then just to keep worms from getting amune to it.you say you got a couple of dogs that weigh 25 -27 and you will have to use 2 pills well 1 pill does 22 lbs so why would you use 2 pills that would do a 44 pound dog you would give 1 pill and break another pill in 4 piecses and give one piece so for any dog weighing more then 22 pounds just give them 1 and a 1/4 pill
Puckett's Ridge Squallin Kennel

19rabbit52

Post by 19rabbit52 »

The guy was asking if anybody was familiar with this wormer to try and figure out if it was worth messing with.. If people don't want to save a buck when they can, I guess it is their choice. One thing to remember about all this cheap junk is people had the same attitude about Sport Dog shockers and trackers not to long ago.

Mo. Beagler 5000

I bought some--- It will arrive in ten days. I read feedback from other people who had bought it in the past.

My vet said even if it contained the same levels of arsenic and whatnot in the pills, the amount needed to poison a dog over his lifetime would be the equivalent of several hundred pills easy. Since I only use it when i see tapes and use pancur all other times I would only be giving it at most three times a year.

He said the biggest risk is that pills just don't work and are in essence sugar pills but after having the Chinese kid read the label he was confident that it was legit.
bwe007 wrote:I can't understand why people will spend all kinds of money to buy, trial, run, feed, and gun hunt a dog but when it comes time for medicine you look for the cheapest way out. you'll spend $50 for fuel for the day running. $20 for a box of shells $40 for a bag of food. but when it comes to a $10 worm pill like drontal plus all of a sudden most people look for a cheaper way out. maybe someone can help me understand. :roll:
The difference is I won't pay 20 for a box of shells. I will buy the cheapest box that works in my gun.. I also eat generic food myself and use generic medicine when I get sick. I go out of my way to save money on pets meds primarily because they charge more than 1000 percent or more over what the medicine costs for different animals. Its a scam. a 20.00 bottle of ivermec for cattle would cost several hundred dollars or more in heartguard brand.

I suppose I could pay more for meds or I could just work all week and throw part of my earnings in the furnace. Same difference.

andrew_kirby

Post by andrew_kirby »

I dont see where the ivomec comes into the equation I myself use ivomec but its a proven preventative from a regulated company for heartworm when used right, you are asking about using a unproven let alone foreign drug on a dog because some kid rambled off chinese over the phone not to mention you said at most you would use it three times a year. You just bought 30 years worth of worm pills at your usage rate so would say you got a great deal.

steve w

Post by steve w »

I sure don't blame you Mo Beagler for trying to save but after the melamine the Chinese put in dog food and lead in kids toys and sulfur in drywall I am pretty leery of anything they have for sale. Here is what I have used for years, http://www.pets-megastore.com.au/canine ... 1_189.html I switch to the Wormout every now and then with equally good results.

Mo. Beagler 5000

andrew_kirby wrote:I dont see where the ivomec comes into the equation I myself use ivomec but its a proven preventative from a regulated company for heartworm when used right, you are asking about using a unproven let alone foreign drug on a dog because some kid rambled off chinese over the phone not to mention you said at most you would use it three times a year. You just bought 30 years worth of worm pills at your usage rate so would say you got a great deal.
praziquantel is not unproven by ANY stretch of the imagination.. It is used in Drontal, Worm X plus and literally every single tape worm medicine that gets more than one variety of tapes. I have six dogs so I don't have a 30 year supply. Its about a 5 year supply...

The main thing is it being a Chinese pharmacy. But when I found out that it is used in humans in a lot of countries and is from an actual pharmacy it made me trust it more. Sure they will not have the highest standards but if they prescribe the same bottle for a person then i will take the risk. I don't mind if you all don't want to use it or think its a scam, thats why I brought it up, but to say the medicine is unproven is like saying walmart brand tylenol is unproven because its not made by Bayer.

The wikipedia page for the makers of the drug list the manufacturer and says its for human consumption. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praziquantel

Anyways, When I get it in, I will try it out on a dog and see if it works. If it does and someone on here wants to try it when they get tapes, I will ship them a pill for free so they can try it too...

lebro

Post by lebro »

buy American when you can. you have argued against most other opinions that you asked for,lets see how you down play supporting the good ole American people.
broad ridge blaze,critter, delta, everstrong