Feed

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

eddywilliams

Feed

Post by eddywilliams »

Guys I have fed Purina 1 chicken and rice for years I belong to the Purina Pro club I am upset over not being able to buy a bag of this feed over 31 pounds it dropped from 34 pounds .The hounds do well on it it doesnt burn them up either ,I have experimented with Diamond chicken an rice and am experimenting with Pride now any input you have with what you have experienced would be appreciated.
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
IFC BEAVER CREEKS KICK AZ
FCGD THOMPSONS TRY MY PATIENCE
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE ONE TUFF AZ KICKER
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS
http://rabbitridgekennels.webs.com/

birmi1nr

Re: Feed

Post by birmi1nr »

Made the switch from Pro-Plan to victor over a year ago and haven't looked back since.
CEREAL CITY KENNELS
FCGD CEREAL CITY WANGO TANGO
FCGD CEREAL CITY OOH LALA

gun runner

Post by gun runner »

Hey eddy i would give the southern states a try 24/20 $21.00 for a 40lb bag.I have been useing it for a couple of years now and it does good.I do not run my dogs every day but maybe twice a week if lucky.If you over feed they will put the weight on quick.But dogs do really well on it :nod:
LYNCH MOB KENNEL

LITAWAY'S CAPITAIN COLT COMMANDER
AWFULBAWLIN SMOKEN RED RYDER

JPRITCH

Post by JPRITCH »

I switched to Victor 24/20 to help control allergies in my blood hound and it works really well for me. The beagles have also done very well on it and maintain there weight and endurance. I was feeding Pride professional blend 24/20 when running dogs alot and the 21/17 when out of season. The dogs did well on it also. The biggest difference I see is the waste clean up. Victor has less mess to fool with. I don't think you'll go wrong with either! The price of Victor is about 7 dollars more a bag than pride and it comes in #40 pound bags instead of the #50 pound Pride bags. Either can be purchased locally.

eddywilliams

Post by eddywilliams »

where locally for victor and pride ?
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS

island hare chas'r

Post by island hare chas'r »

Feed pride to older running dogs scale way back in non running months or get too heavy. Started my pup on purina puppy chow have switched to Pride puppy food it is higher in protein and fat than purina and is less expensive pup is doing very well on it and coat seems to be shinier.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Stick with what you are feeding and get what you pay for, JMO.

I have tried every one imaginable up to the high dollar ones. Purina Performance has surpassed them all. Again, my opinions.

** don't have Victor close, I cannot speak for them.**

Hippy

Post by Hippy »

PRIDE
I have been feeding it for 6 years and NEVER have had a issue with it still 50 POUND bags and only $3.00 per bag increase . I do recommend , as previously stated, CUT back on non running dogs as they will get heavy

Good Luck,

Jim
"Today is the 1st DAY,of the rest of your Life"

mn_beagleboy

Post by mn_beagleboy »

I used to feed proplan performance n dogs did okay. Switch to diamond n save a few buck to buy raw meat n feed half raw, half kibble n save a lot. Plus the dogs r doing excellent. U just have to watch for the weight. Don't no any kibble out there that is better than raw mix with kibble.

Sao
Minnesota Beagler

hurryup

Post by hurryup »

Raw
Visit Our Website

Hurry Up Beagles.Com

eddywilliams

Post by eddywilliams »

thanks everyone
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS

bigdogpace

Post by bigdogpace »

CANT GET VICTOR I FEED PRIDE N ORANGE BAG ITS OK BUT NOT THE FEED IT USE TO BE. I DONT THINK NONE OF THEM R IM VERY DISAPOINTED N ALL THE FEED WE GET AROUND HERE . CANT AFFORD BLACK GOLD. IM THINKING GOING HALF PRIDE AND HALF CHICKEN QUARTERS .
BIGDOGPACE

eddywilliams

Post by eddywilliams »

Gonna stick with Purina one smart blend chicken ,I feed dog chow in summer months
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS

tiny timber

Post by tiny timber »

Eddy I do the same with dog chow in the summer. Around me I've found that you can Pro Plan shreds for almost the same price per pound in a little bigger bag. I think its 35 pounds. I've tried about everything I can think of because purina makes me made with changing bag sizes and price increases but I always go back. I don't think I will try anything alse ever again. I believe them to be way ahead of any of the competion.
LPGRBCH/LPRCH BARTON'S GEORGIA PEACH
LPBCH/LPRCH PATTON'S LIL ANGEL
LPBCH/LPRCH PATON'S TINY TIMBER LUKE'S DUKE
LPBCH/LPRCH THUNDERVIEW ZOE

Farm dog

Post by Farm dog »

Eddy, Victor can be bought at Pit Stop 95 just east of 71 on 95.