How bad u wanna WIN

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

toldyouso

Re: How bad u wanna WIN

Post by toldyouso »

I said the samething way back on page 2 or 3 take the stick out of the handlers hand and put it in the organizations just like akc ukc has done for years. A wedge is being put between beaglers that should not be there and this is such a easy thing to fix. WHY NOT FIX IT> Someone said to talk to the head people and i assume you mean _______ and _______ and _______ cant use names thats what got me in trouble. GOODLUCK with that??????????????? and let me know how that works out for you.

Hard Driving Kennel

Post by Hard Driving Kennel »

This gentlemen that you all call a piece of s**t is a great guy. He would give you the shirt off his back if you asked. He has retired out of law in enforcement. He spent his whole life enforcing the rules. Rules are rules and he goes by arha rules. I have seen him ask to have many dog measured in the past. State hunts, Big 5's or even the world hunt he believes in going by the rules. I run dogs that are a full 15 inches and would never ask to have a dog measured. When I turn loose I plan on beating ever dog there, it does not matter to me if it is 12 inches or 18 inches. If I don't win I will dog up and come back and try it again. I know the rules and if someone want to have my dog measured that is there right. I am not scared of any mans dog and would not try and measure there dog out. Was he scared of the dog he had measured, I do not know. But I will tell you that he goes by the rules. Rob Frees

Murphy's Kennel

Post by Murphy's Kennel »

Wasnt going to post on this subject anymore but people are putting words in my mouth If this is refering to me! So going to make something clear! I NEVER CALLED HIM A PEICE OF SH!@! honestly he is a pleasure to be around at the hunts. What I said was he was Yellow(Scared) of that hound ! Last time I will post on this. So continue to turn words around all you want but reread my post never did I call anyone a peice of crapt....... So continue on... And if you feel the need give me a call we can talk and agree or agree to disagree either way I am done posting on this.
Bryan Murphy 5026557102
HOF Murphy`s Dreaming Demon Gr.R.Ch Gr.B.Ch Triple X's Tango

mowhawk madman

Post by mowhawk madman »

All I can say about it is this. And if it gets my judges licens revoked so be it. If you call for a hound in any cast im judging at the stake to be measured after they have all been measured at the start of the hunt or have a card. I can only asume that you like going by the book as it were. So your dog needs to be extremly covincing for me to score it....I mean text book! Pretty much have to completely dominate to win the cast. Cause some rules are just kinda unspoken. :D

SUNRISE10

Post by SUNRISE10 »

Man Jim Preston you may have done more for ARHA. Then anyone knows.You may have brought a cult to top.That defies rules and keep running big dogs.It is for sure that we need to leave final say at stake.I can't believe what Mohawk Madman just posted.This whole issue may need to be addressed by someone at the top..Ron

chris83

Post by chris83 »

mowhawk madman wrote:All I can say about it is this. And if it gets my judges licens revoked so be it. If you call for a hound in any cast im judging at the stake to be measured after they have all been measured at the start of the hunt or have a card. I can only asume that you like going by the book as it were. So your dog needs to be extremly covincing for me to score it....I mean text book! Pretty much have to completely dominate to win the cast. Cause some rules are just kinda unspoken. :D

could you give an example of these unspoken rules?
lprc Harlow's To Small Jax's
lprc Harlow's Attila The Honey

rabbit chaser

Post by rabbit chaser »

mowhawk madman wrote:All I can say about it is this. And if it gets my judges licens revoked so be it. If you call for a hound in any cast im judging at the stake to be measured after they have all been measured at the start of the hunt or have a card. I can only asume that you like going by the book as it were. So your dog needs to be extremly covincing for me to score it....I mean text book! Pretty much have to completely dominate to win the cast. Cause some rules are just kinda unspoken. :D
wow ...this post just keeps getting more and more interesting. So let me make sure I got all of this "digested". If I think I guy is running a oversized hound and call for a measurement them i am "yellow", which I also learned means a coward and makes me scared to run against the dog I called to get measured, however 15 1/2 dogs are being run and only need one win to grand and at least a small percentage of owners are quite happy to tell everyone about their winning oversized dog. To top it off, even if i know there is an oversized dog and call for a measurement then the judge will pretty much make sure my dog doesn't get a good look or place based on my actions and not my dogs. (yes i can read between the lines of that post). WOW this is one SCREWED UP system!!!!! :blackeye: :blackeye:
Thumper Jumpin Kennels-home of:
Thumper Jumpin Luck-E-Colt
Thumper Jumpin Lil Terror on Paws
Behne's oopsie daisy
Behne's lady

warddog

Post by warddog »

rabbit chaser wrote:
wow ...this post just keeps getting more and more interesting. So let me make sure I got all of this "digested". If I think I guy is running a oversized hound and call for a measurement them i am "yellow", which I also learned means a coward and makes me scared to run against the dog I called to get measured, however 15 1/2 dogs are being run and only need one win to grand and at least a small percentage of owners are quite happy to tell everyone about their winning oversized dog. To top it off, even if i know there is an oversized dog and call for a measurement then the judge will pretty much make sure my dog doesn't get a good look or place based on my actions and not my dogs. (yes i can read between the lines of that post). WOW this is one SCREWED UP system!!!!! :blackeye: :blackeye:
Been readin it ALL folks and it is very apparent to an outsider looking in that I will NEVER own or register a dog that is ARHA registered only. I've read over the many years of being on this site about the cheating and many of these post just ice that cake. This certainly has been a GREAT thread to shoow the true colors of many that participate in this registry.

I totally can NOT understand how folks that have made champions in this registry can even condon such rules violations nor can I understand how any registry owner can. I'll say that from what I have read over the years and just this morning I have today come to the ultimate conclusion that a degree in this registry ain't worth the paper it's writen on. I will no longer even be interested in registering in nor purchasing anything from this registry as the judges even blatantly admit their will to cheat and or shuck and jive the rules.

All I can say is that one bad apple may not spoil the whole bunch BUT when it is apparent that there are many obvious rotten ones in the bushel then I no longer have to worry about spoilage but rather when. Should be an eye opener to others that realize rules and laws are rules and laws. I've read all about this registry I need to as far as participation.

By the way, I've bought a lot of things that went bad just after the warranty had expired and of course I contact the dealer where I purchased it. I do NOT expect that they fix it for nothing and MOST generally hear that it is NOT covered under warranty but they as a reputable dealer of the product they make a living from give a break on parts and labor themselves. That makes them a rpeutable dealer in my eyes and one i will take my return business to. I can buy new stuff anywhere and I put more value in the service after the sale than I do the actual sale as they are all pretty close in the original price when matching apples to apples.

chris83

Post by chris83 »

rabbit chaser wrote:
nope you forgot something if your ever in Kentucky and your tranny goes out and you can't afford a used car price to have it fixed you could rent or buy one of them shetland beagles to ride around they have great speed and cheaper than a horse to feed
lprc Harlow's To Small Jax's
lprc Harlow's Attila The Honey

COB4190

Post by COB4190 »

:?: mowhawk madman :?: By your post, you are telling me that if I challange the size of a hound in a cast you are judging that you are not going to give my hound a fair shake! We DO NO NEED INDIVIDUALS like you judging anything in ARHA/NKC! What is your real name you are hiding behind. Fred Hausmann/Chairman of the Board/Little Pack Division

AV Spencer

Post by AV Spencer »

Who are you Mohawk?
Step out. I will measure everydog.
This entire post is ridiculous.
Run your hounds, get measured or not, judge fairly, and have fun.

I have sold 2 nice hounds over 15 in the last two years.
I don't want them and if I decided to measure then I will. I could care less what people say.
Some people pee me off.
Jim Preston for president.
Run for Fun

J.C. Blair

Post by J.C. Blair »

Lol I'm glad that my twins are giving me an excuse to walk away from trialing for a little while. Y'all have fun with all this. See ya on the flip side.
EAST RIDGE KENNEL
2010 Natl CH LPGRCH East Ridge Black Phantom
East Ridge The Dark Side
Weedeater Foxy
East Ridge Allie Gator
East Ridge Tomahawk

Rick Conley Jr.

Post by Rick Conley Jr. »

Well if you really want to know who he is, call and find out, he's got his kennel name and 4 LPRC listed under his signature
Home of
LP Grand Champion Hollywood's Luke Duke

WestmorelandsKennel

Post by WestmorelandsKennel »

I like that Adam
Jim Preston for president I vote yes
Great guy
Guys I really hope this topics does not make him quit little pack
He's prolly already thinking about
We just need to stop this non sense
Well jimbo if you need a body guard for the hunts u just let me know ill be there
Westmorelands Cookie
Westmorelands Fighting Chance

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

WOW, open mouth, insert foot! :shock:
No assuming necessary on this one, someone in deed is a POS.:loser:

If admitting on an open forum you are a judge and you will be vindictive and cheat to get your way isn't cause for banishment, I don't know what is?
I hope the people in charge of the ARHA are paying attention.

Is Jim Preston the one that was ridiculed for asking the hound be measured?
If so, hang in there man, you have more support than you think. ;)