How bad u wanna WIN

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Marcus Lehotay

Re: How bad u wanna WIN

Post by Marcus Lehotay »

Let me start this with the fact that I don't trial. I am a pleasure runner and hunter so a dog that is an eighth of an inch too tall wouldn't mean too much to me. The problem that I see with this whole issue is the fact that so many people see that it is ok to ignore breed standards. It is just my opinion but rules are in place for a reason and that is to keep a level playing field. I am a baseball coach and guess what, there are bat standards and age restrictions ect.... Would it be fair for one team to use wood bats while the other team uses drop13 composites? How about the pitcher for the opposing team is a year older? If I questioned this would it mean I was afraid of playing the other team or a chicken crap??? I run with a lot of guys who trial in the AKC Midwest and ARHA and yes I ran a good bit with Mr Wilson who was one of the dogs that was mentioned at the start of this discussion and he was a fine hound. The thing is, I told Jared the first time I saw him I don't care how good that he is I wouldn't breed any of my females to him because he looks like a small coon hound. Just my opinion.

mowhawk madman

Post by mowhawk madman »

Now that I am on my desktop I will clarify my prior post. Smart phones dont let ya type alot. First of I always judge fair. always will. everyone gets a fair shake with me. To the subject at hand when it comes to someone challenging at the stake it is there right to do so. It can also be a cheap shot. What I was refering to is this. when somebody does so they apparently know all the rules. I refer to the rules as Textbook. So as I judge it gets me uptight/nervous thinkin I had better be Textbook while I judge or this same person might file a protest if I make a mistake. I love this sport, never take any money for Judging to help whatever club Im at. So lets look at some of the rules ans reasons a hound can be scratched in the feild by the rules. 30 minus points,Off Game, female in heat, male mounting male or female,(I usualy try to give a warning on this one, second time I scratch) refusing to hunt, handler under the infuence. using abusive language(abusive is a matter of opinion) interfers with the judge in conducting hunt,(yelling theres the Rabbit! theres the Rabbit!! big pet peave of mine...very distracting) Touching hound hound without permision.So do I walk the Chalk line and start Scratcing dogs right off the lead at the start of the hunt now for one mounting the other just playing around before they get settled down. If someone gets mad and cussed there dog is that not using abusive launguage? I"ll be honest I can be scratched evey cast. I love my dogs and If they come close to me I always pet em on the head and tell em good dog weather they are doing good in the hunt or not. So do I deserve to be scratched is the question. And you know who its up to.... the judge. The guys who make it happen. I could type out more dont see the point. Sure this will get picked apart but dont care. My name is Sean Jason Allison and I live in Austinville Virginia. I'll be waiting for a letter in the mailbox.

Ohiohntr

Post by Ohiohntr »

The female I use to trial was measured from 13 1/8" to 14 3/4"...obviously measuring is not an exact science. I as well as most, never want to measure a dog out....but it does happen. Nothing worse than running your guys out scoring a hound only to have him carry the stand away at the end. Anytime I have seen one measure out the judges hate it as much as the owner...it is what it is.
FC Green Bay Nemasket Singer
FWR Blue Boy's Lightfoot

Hard Driving Kennel

Post by Hard Driving Kennel »

mowhawk madman wrote:Now that I am on my desktop I will clarify my prior post. Smart phones dont let ya type alot. First of I always judge fair. always will. everyone gets a fair shake with me. To the subject at hand when it comes to someone challenging at the stake it is there right to do so. It can also be a cheap shot. What I was refering to is this. when somebody does so they apparently know all the rules. I refer to the rules as Textbook. So as I judge it gets me uptight/nervous thinkin I had better be Textbook while I judge or this same person might file a protest if I make a mistake. I love this sport, never take any money for Judging to help whatever club Im at. So lets look at some of the rules ans reasons a hound can be scratched in the feild by the rules. 30 minus points,Off Game, female in heat, male mounting male or female,(I usualy try to give a warning on this one, second time I scratch) refusing to hunt, handler under the infuence. using abusive language(abusive is a matter of opinion) interfers with the judge in conducting hunt,(yelling theres the Rabbit! theres the Rabbit!! big pet peave of mine...very distracting) Touching hound hound without permision.So do I walk the Chalk line and start Scratcing dogs right off the lead at the start of the hunt now for one mounting the other just playing around before they get settled down. If someone gets mad and cussed there dog is that not using abusive launguage? I"ll be honest I can be scratched evey cast. I love my dogs and If they come close to me I always pet em on the head and tell em good dog weather they are doing good in the hunt or not. So do I deserve to be scratched is the question. And you know who its up to.... the judge. The guys who make it happen. I could type out more dont see the point. Sure this will get picked apart but dont care. My name is Sean Jason Allison and I live in Austinville Virginia. I'll be waiting for a letter in the mailbox.
Say what you want I think this post right here got you scared or as some people call it turned yellow. I hope you get that letter in the mail
COB4190 wrote::?: mowhawk madman :?: By your post, you are telling me that if I challange the size of a hound in a cast you are judging that you are not going to give my hound a fair shake! We DO NO NEED INDIVIDUALS like you judging anything in ARHA/NKC! What is your real name you are hiding behind. Fred Hausmann/Chairman of the Board/Little Pack Division
You said it all with this" Pretty much have to completely dominate to win the cast".
mowhawk madman wrote:All I can say about it is this. And if it gets my judges licens revoked so be it. If you call for a hound in any cast im judging at the stake to be measured after they have all been measured at the start of the hunt or have a card. I can only asume that you like going by the book as it were. So your dog needs to be extremly covincing for me to score it....I mean text book! Pretty much have to completely dominate to win the cast. Cause some rules are just kinda unspoken. :D

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

mohawk, nice back peddle, but smart phones don't put words in your mouth or should I say text/type itself!
They may have a typo here and there but your first post was quite clear and concise.

An honest apology for your blatant disregard for the rules may help lessen the consequences you may face.

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

I ain't read the last several pages cuz really don't care. Bottom line with me if a dog is maybe big then why wait the last cast to measure it? As for me everyones hero or not it's a way to gain a cheap win. That's honestly my thought. I wanna beat ya not measure ya.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

Lee Cockman

Post by Lee Cockman »

Why can't we be friends! Why can't we be friends! Why can't we be friends!

Now everyone is taking things a little to serious. LOL

Measure every dog before every hunt. Makes the most sense to everyone. But not at the end. Is all I can say.

Oh yea and one last word.

CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
C&F Cottontail Kennels

C&F's Cinnamon Run RedBug
C&F's Talkabout TBO

Mark H

Post by Mark H »

:argue: I'm just gonna run dogs
LP GRCH Skyview Smoke
LP RCH Bryants little buddy

mowhawk madman

Post by mowhawk madman »

Aint back peddlin on nothing. Ya wanna use the rules ta get ya self a win dont get pissed if I use the rules ta send ya to the truck. The unspoken rule is the golden rule. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Not before they do it to you. You wanna nit pick then do I not have the same right under the rules? Real smart be a prick at the start of the cast challenge after every dog has been measured or has a measurment card to be entered in the first place and get everybody in the cast on edge and walking on egg shells take all the fun of going out and enjoying theirselves so you can win a plastic thropy. Whooptie doo! Think most of yall just need to get over yourselves and get a life. Its just beagles runnin a dang rabbit. Hate to think prize money was ever involved. Its hollow braggin rights....thats all little pack is. Your dog was the best on one or two piticular days and thats it. Hell my dogs aint worth killing half the time n still manage a win or two every year. Seems to me the only time the B.S. Starts is on the State or Big Five level. If ya want to challenge a dog from the get go by all means go right ahead. Wait till finalls you are scared and know you aint got enuff dog power and you know it and are scared. I am sure Im not the only one who thinks this way I just got the testicular fortitude to say it. If any of you think Im a punk like some on here just go to upcomming feild trial and look at Tazzwell hunt location change.
Last edited by mowhawk madman on Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

mowhawk madman

Post by mowhawk madman »

Its the address and directions to my house....and we can discuss the matter face to face. Karma can be beotch and if I can help it come around and female dog slap you right across your face I will help it by any means necessary. And use the rules to do so. And yes Cockman we can all be friends. That is if you want to be. Dont think some people do.
Last edited by mowhawk madman on Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

mowhawk madman

Post by mowhawk madman »

Swampman wrote:mohawk, nice back peddle, but smart phones don't put words in your mouth or should I say text/type itself!
They may have a typo here and there but your first post was quite clear and concise.

An honest apology for your blatant disregard for the rules may help lessen the consequences you may face.
Worst can happen. I get a license revoked or I get banned. If I get banned I already got a nice little jingle I wrote. Its almost a parody of Springstings born in the USA and it goes a little like this!
I was banned from ARHA I was banned from ARHA Now in my wallet my money will stay Cauze I was banned from ARHA now. All this crap over a little dog Guess Ill just sell em and start riding a hog yeah. All these uptight people need ta get a life cauze all these entry fees for nothing got me eating rice yeah. Banned from ARHA yeah I got banned from ARHA yeah!

If ya lookin for someone who hives a crap talk to someone other than me pal!

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

I suppose tomorrow you will tell us all that your smart phone mis-typed again?

"Its the address and directions to my house....and we can discuss the matter face to face. Karma can be beotch and if I can help it come around and female dog slap you right across your face I will help it by any means necessary."

:lol: You got me shak'in in my boots internet tough guy! :lol:
You should be careful who you threaten, that can of whoop azz may be opened up on you, pal.

Bev, I apologize, I will no longer post on this thread.

begles

Post by begles »

Bev, i think it`s time to delet this thread. it`s not getting any better.

fulcount

Post by fulcount »

I agree bev thread is a waste of space that can be used
bya more constructive discussion !

Two Big

Post by Two Big »

OK this post should really get things rolling! I am an outsider to trialing because my dogs are way too tall. However I run with a lot of guys who do trial and guess what, there are only a few days all year when my big dogs can out run these so called small trial dogs. And this is in deep snow. I don't know how long this 15" breed standard has been around but don't you think that with all this "big dog" stuff going on it's time to let any pure bred beagle run? It sure would save a lot of oversize dogs that are good hounds. Just like humans dogs are getting bigger. And it would have saved a lot of pages in this thread!!
Bob