Dog training collars

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

J&J Run Em Down

Dog training collars

Post by J&J Run Em Down »

What is your guy thoughts on training collars that are out ther today ?

bluemouse

Re: Dog training collars

Post by bluemouse »

They will make a hard headed dog see the light!!!

patchgirl

Post by patchgirl »

I never run without one.
Sunny's Blue Moon Lola Daisy
Booman Reaume's Storm Chaser
WWB Run N Gun Paris

J&J Run Em Down

sorry guys i meant to ask which one is the best one for northern michigan hare running so i need the distance i have a tri tronics calssic 70 g3 and can onle get 250 yards at best on a road with my wife in the truck and me on road 250 at best do you guys like tri tronics or sport dog or what please reply

Househounds

Post by Househounds »

I use a sport dog that has a 1/2 mile line of sight. If I had it to do over again I would still get sport dog but the hound hunter with as long a range as possible. You will also want tracking collars. Myself and others I know use Johnson collars and MN10 receivers. Got mine used from this board on the advice of a good friend. Good Luck
[img]http://media5000.dropshots.com/pho ... .jpg[/img]
2016-7th Annual MLK Day Rabbit Hunting Extravaganza

Chuck Prather

Post by Chuck Prather »

I sell more of the Sport dog 3225 units than I do the trashbreaker. The 3225 unit is cheaper and is performing much better than the trashbreaker. The Sportdog 3225 is a 2 mile range unit. Hope this helps you. Thanks!

Rcoff

Post by Rcoff »

I use tritronics have never used anything else love it, can't tell you about the others. I have a tracking set up in very good shape for sale in the equiptment for sale section, set up is for 4 dogs, I put both systems on one collar, worked out great.
Thanks,
Bob
:loser: Coffmans Dougie Macrae at Stud (HOF Happyrun Calico Clem)
Coffmans Rabbit Ridge Hit Man (IFC Kickaz X South Woods Marley)

J&J Run Em Down

Thank for all the info I had tri tronic for years used to swear by them but when the unit is only one year old that a lot of money to spend for junk

adirondackjoe

Post by adirondackjoe »

j&j do you wear the collar when your wife hits the button? kind of dangerous isn't it? i hope she keeps it on low.

J&J Run Em Down

I'm kind of hard headed so I need the max

J&J Run Em Down

I'm thinking about buying sport dog sd3225 hound hunter what do you guys thank ?

wvduece

Post by wvduece »

if you are feelinh any luckyyou mite put it around one or both ankles then light it up :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:
.ImageJUST AS JOHN SEES IT

mtn state

Post by mtn state »

wvduece wrote:if you are feelinh any luckyyou mite put it around one or both ankles then light it up :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:
Hey John. Sport Dog on one leg & TT on other. Now u can get the best one. You may want the worst one. Just depends on how long she has the button down. Lowell

smokedawg

Post by smokedawg »

Sportdog Houndhunter 3225 is the best unit I have ever owned. I had a Tri-tronics trashbreaker and sold it cause the range was limited. Sent it back several times and they said nothing wrong with it. My buddy still runs a trashbreaker. We tested the range on it vs the 3225 Sportdog and it wasnt even close. Also, when I bought the 6 dog unit, it was almost 200 dollars cheaper then the Trashbreaker. Best change I ever made.