AMERICAN HOGGERS

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Bells Run Kennels

AMERICAN HOGGERS

Post by Bells Run Kennels »

I know its off topic but as a houndsman you all have to just love the work of those dogs on American Hogger....That Ranger male with that big bawl voice just makes the hair on the back of my neck go up....I love my beagles and have been raising dogs for over 25 years but that hog hunting in Texas looks like the real deal...gotta give that a try atleast once before they over regulate all the fun outta that like they do everything else. It looks like them hogs are just tearing up that part of the country and causing all kinds of damage....i guess thats what allows the TV show to show so much of the actual hunting and catching...they catch most of them live but some of them hogs are bloody and beat to Hell when its all said and done...I figure PETE will stick their asses into before too long....
just a thought...Bill
Run your dogs....not your mouth!!!

hounddog

Re: AMERICAN HOGGERS

Post by hounddog »

I actually hunted hogs like that a couple times down in Alabama. Horseback and all. We had some guys from south Ga. bring up a few hounds and a catch dog to a plantation that had a hog problem.
All I had to do is watch from horseback. The guys that had the dogs did all the work. What amazed me the most was the pit bull that they had as a catch dog. It was trained so well and listen to every command the handler said. Pinned the hogs head to the ground and two guys went in for the catch. Caught two hogs before it got too hot. Those hogs were taken to a pen and fatted before being butchered.
That shows brings back some good memories. If it can be hunted with dogs, I've probably hunted it.

hounddog
Jim Umbarger
---------Jump Mountain Kennels-----------
540-292-3000

Bells Run Kennels

Well Jim sounds like you have the connections so lets make a trip of it...haha...i am up for it and after June 1st i will be off for 3 months give or take....i am always up for some good hound work...and you are right the pit bulls are AWESOME to watch as well...that dog Biggun is really a hammer....and the girls arent too hard on the eyes either...haha

warddog

Post by warddog »

I love that show and watched several of them just last night! The dog work and power is tremendous.

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

Jim, we have a real hog problem here in Alabama. Some use dogs, but most just shoot them. Some want a trophy boar which to me is too strong to eat. Golf courses pay folks to try to kill them to keep them from rooting the greens up.
That is what bulldogs do is pin the hog by its nose to the ground and hold it there with back feet raised until you get there. We then tie the back feet and make the hog walk to the truck to keep from carrying it and cut its throat at the tailgate.
They are a pest and it will get much worse.

hounddog

Post by hounddog »

Bells Run Kennels wrote:Well Jim sounds like you have the connections so lets make a trip of it...haha...i am up for it and after June 1st i will be off for 3 months give or take....i am always up for some good hound work...and you are right the pit bulls are AWESOME to watch as well...that dog Biggun is really a hammer....and the girls arent too hard on the eyes either...haha
Sorry, this was back in the 80's and I've lost all my connections down there.
For this ol man, the best part of the show is the ladies. They look good in those levi's. ;)

hounddog
Jim Umbarger
---------Jump Mountain Kennels-----------
540-292-3000

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

The drama on that show is fake. Last nights show had Ronnie Creek talking with his old team in the back ground. I am more than sure the hunting on that show is real, but I think the drama is scripted.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

east80kennels

Post by east80kennels »

but the chicks on it r hot!!!!! :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Walter B. Walls

Post by Walter B. Walls »

Check this site out if you like to hog hunt

http://www.easttexashogdoggers.com/index.html

wvhunter

Post by wvhunter »

Love the show and yes those ladies are fine. But the fight between Ronnie Creek and his neice had to be fake. Who studies a Haynes Repair Manual for a college class?
LP RCH BCH Wolfe's Da Bomb Sam (2 wins)
Barton Hollow Bolt Action
Bokes Creek Ellie
3M's Diesel
3M's Zoom Zoom Rage
3M's Da Bomb Muzzy

Bells Run Kennels

I agree the ladies on the show...HOT...and packing pistols and wearing chaps...even better...but as fake as some of the drama may be....the hound work is OUTSTANDING...

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

I like Duck Dynasty Jack.Plus they Pray a form of dying Art Unfortunatly.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. wrote:I like Duck Dynasty Jack.Plus they Pray a form of dying Art Unfortunatly.
Happy Happy Happy
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

Hard Driving Kennel

Post by Hard Driving Kennel »

The women are diffidently the reason to watch the show. I haven't watched the show lately but if you listen to the dogs voice in the beginning of every race it is the exact same voice clip replayed for every pig

warddog

Post by warddog »

Them ladies make this ole boy put on my specticles! :eyes: