Patch Hound

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Walls Kennel

Patch Hound

Post by Walls Kennel »

Was wondering if anybody is running anything out of the Real Patch Kennel

PREACHERS KENNEL

Re: Patch Hound

Post by PREACHERS KENNEL »

what is the real patch kennel ,, lol you mean mine aint real walter? lol
ACTS 2:38=repent,baptised in the name of jesus christ,receive the holy ghost!

Will05

Post by Will05 »

lol
Wsullivan777@gmail.com
Home of :
Sullivan's Sadie MaePatch
Sullivan's MollyPatch

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

They anit got a clue : ) lol
I think the web-site is called the "Original Patch Kennel"
Last edited by LR Patch on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

doubleb

Post by doubleb »

contact mike capozzi of patch kennels he bought the rights to willets kennel name and dogs and is still breeding some.In my opinion the original patch line pretty much stopped when willet stop breeding.There were some people that contiuned to line breed them and perserve the line and have dogs that go back to willets stuff.I have a patch bred hound now that i got from loudon ridge patch that i like and there other breeders of patch that breed them a little diffrent so their is not one true patch kennel that is breeding like willet did.like a alot of the top bloodlines the futher you get from the originator the more watered down they become because every breeder has some thing a little diffrent that they want to see in a hound.

reddog1

Post by reddog1 »

Mike no longer has the kennel. A guy named Chris has it now. It is my opinion also that the true Patch hound died with Willet and there are others like myself that try to line breed and keep the Patch blood flowing but no matter how close we breed or how diligent we are , we will never have hounds like Willets.

Reddog

Walls Kennel

Post by Walls Kennel »

This is Phil not walter. Just want see if anybody was running any. Guess not

gpen08

Post by gpen08 »

They are still around and being ran. I have 2 of them. Pm me with your questions.

PREACHERS KENNEL

Post by PREACHERS KENNEL »

sorry phil .. you came to my house i think one time in tenn..there was a few walls there any how . lol
ACTS 2:38=repent,baptised in the name of jesus christ,receive the holy ghost!

j243whitetail

Post by j243whitetail »

I have a seven month old who's parents were from the patch kennel. She is already running and coming along nicely. I am also on the list for another puppy from the patch kennel.
The website is: http://www.thepatchkennel.com/
"Real dogs work for a living"
All Bawls Kennels

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

Mike Eberle (sp) had some dog from Mike as well as some others like Charles Aldridge and Mike Roach at one time. Mike Copozzi put North Wind in the name of a lot of his hounds. Chris Hornicks uncle was good pals with Copozzi and got Chis into these dogs , Chris the way I understand took over Mike kennel just resently. Here's a link to the site http://www.thepatchkennel.com , you can read the story there.

U know the other story as these other guys have said and I agree no two people even Copozzi or Hornnick , me,U or anyone will ever breed dogs the same as anyone else so as has been said the Willet Patch as long faded. Some breed so called Patch hounds but U will find lots of outcross's in them , others including myself R still breeding Patchs with out any outcross's , All my dogs and I can show pedrigree's back to the early 1920's have no outcross's , in my opion they R full Patch dogs but again not Willets. A lot of great breeders have influenced the Patch dogs of today but none have had the insight of genetics that Willet had IMO , but dogs were his life and lively hood , his busness , he was with his dog everyday all day , a lot different times then vs today. I think he had a vision and stayed that coarse through good and tuff , thick & thin also I think he was willing to cull and cull hard . He had 70,80 bitchs and could try lots of matings & cull if it didn't pan out not many have that or will . Their is still a lot of the blood Willet provided run'n in some dogs today , but they aren't his original patch. I myself try to invision what he was chasing , the best rabbit hound he could produce with the line he had delovoped and I try to do the same with what I have that he started and others left.
Just some of thoughts on the Patch Line
Randy
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"