Woodpont Beagles ??

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Jbfous01

Woodpont Beagles ??

Post by Jbfous01 »

Anyone know how to buy a woodpont hound? Ive tried emailing the kennel with no response.

littlewoody

Re: Woodpont Beagles ??

Post by littlewoody »

lot of people are gone for 4th july .
TheJohnBirchSociety

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

A kennel-man is never without his hounds.
The internet may be down, but the beagle huntsman is ever present.
The postman's code was first developed and practiced by huntsmen, ie... "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds." ... ;)

TC

Post by TC »

Tim Dont live on the internet LOL he is usually pretty busy and Will answer his E mail when he gets online, Just a heads up He Very Rarely Ever Sells hounds, and when and IF he does rehome one he is very particular as to where they go.He Raises and Runs Old Formal or Organized Pack style hounds a very different running style than most are used to Most will not fit into the MAINSTREAM trial format he Does on occasion sell pups. IMHO this is the best way to get a Woodpont bred hound. now i am Not saying ALL the older hounds he sells/rehomes will not fit most folks As i do have a female i got from Tim and after a few months of Running with my hounds she has come around and is a very Productive member of the pack key word here being PACK..
i Would Recomend Anybody Who is into hounds to go and Watch the Woodpont pack Run It is VERY Educational and if you know your history of Formal/organized Pack it will help you understand better what he Does and Why!!
http://www.woodpontbeagles.com/About%20 ... eagles.htm
Good Luck and Happy Beagling.
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

Jbfous01

Post by Jbfous01 »

I have read everything on Tim's site and am blown away with his hounds. That's why I would love to own one. I don't trial or breed, mainly just run hounds for the joy of watching and hunt when season is in.

Tim emailed me back the other day, very nice guy. I know he doesn't sell many but if he wanted to make room in his kennel I would jump at the chance.