Oldest male you have known to produce a litter?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Duke

Re: Oldest male you have known to produce a litter?

Post by Duke »

Well I guess theres a chance that I will be having a litter then. The old boy is close to 14 but he locked up. Guess Ill know in a couple of months. :bash:

Slaux

Post by Slaux »

I'm telling you what I did. It's either / or. My main point is the fertility test and / or Affadavit should be obsolete with the current advent of DNA profiled sires.....

cris axtell/coal hill ken

Post by cris axtell/coal hill ken »

Lahti's Brush Hog is producing pups at 14yrs old. Hog dog power! All the AKC is requiring from Bob is a letter stating he witnessed the breeding.
COAL HILL KENNELS. LP GR CH Coal Hill's Brush Buster. 2014 PA state champion LP GR CH Coal Hill's Mama Cass. 2010 PA state champion LP R CH GR BCH Coal Hill's Princess Willow HOG DOG POWER!!!!

FreeHoller40

Post by FreeHoller40 »

Probably going to be some good pups hahaha Most of the time, that I have experienced... the accidental breedings produce some nice ones
MAKING RABBIT HATERS!!!

Visit Us:
http://www.cottonmouthbeagles.webs.com
~GRHBCH CH COTTONMOUTH'S RAGIN' CAJUN RUGER~
~GRHBCH CH CK'S HARE RAISIN' WHISKEY~
~HBCH CK'S BLACKBERRY MOONSHINE~

Duke

Post by Duke »

Well if this breeding took I really don't have to worry the sires legitimacy as he was DNA'd by the AKC years ago, so that's not a problem, just didn't want to deal with pups.

bfoster

Post by bfoster »

Question:
I always take pictures of the hang. I have two males pushing 12 and one will be 12 next spring. Both are DNA'd as well as my two producing bitches whom they're each respectively breeding. Could I not simply send in a picture of the hang with the litter registration after the males pass 12 years? I'd figure the DNA would cover all, but if they need proof like a picture then I don't mind sending it. What do you think?

Seriously, tell me these two aren't related and the Male is to old to produce, lol.
ImageImage

Slaux

Post by Slaux »

Right, that's what I did, sent a letter / Affadavit, signed by myself and a witness, had it notarized and sent along a photo of the breeding. Registered about four litters that way with no problem.

Duke

Post by Duke »

My guess is that you could send a swab of the pups mouth. That would certainly legitimize the breeding with DNA proof. I guess I will cross that hurdle if the bitch took.

LaMarr Rhoades

Post by LaMarr Rhoades »

yep thats him buddy,theres a real nice male out of his son and a junie female
good dogs run on good days,great dogs run when u take them out

LaMarr Rhoades

Post by LaMarr Rhoades »

and duke if your breeding dutch im not too ashamed to beg for a pup
good dogs run on good days,great dogs run when u take them out

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

I think the DNA test is only $35 a pup, vers. the office call to get a fertility test done by the vet.
$35 X 5puppies = $175
If your male pups are going to be frequently used sires, it's probably as well to go ahead and pay for the DNA profile ahead of time anyway.

Apparently AKC has different rules for different people. The vet signature was always told to me to be required on over aged animals. I'll have to go back to the AKC rules on breeding and look for updates or rule changes.

Slaux

Post by Slaux »

Swabbing the pups mouth isn't an acceptable way to register a litter, nor are there different rules for different people. "S.R. Patch, I had always heard that too, but it is not the case." There are two ways, A) Fertility test the male, B) Affadavit along with yours and a witnesses signature, notatorize it and send it in with a photo of the breeding along with the litter application. Cost, $0.00 other than a bit of your time and a stamp. I researched this prior to doing it and we registered four or five litters out of Blue Boy that way. There is wording somewhere on the AKC site reference this, as there is reference the fertility test......This would be a good topic for the BAC to bring up with AKC, as my whole point in this is it is redundant and antiquated with the advent of DNA profiled sires. Last I'll say on this, but I know what I'm talking about.....

brad stewart

Post by brad stewart »

Btt
if they dont hunt they dont stay

Duke

Post by Duke »

Lamarr it was dutch, and I really wasn't planning on breeding him, but stuff happens.... if the gyp takes you can get one she is out of the same stock.

Duke

Post by Duke »

Thanx Slaux wasn't disregarding what you were saying. If this breeding took, Ill do what I have to do to properly register the pups. No chance any other dog could get to her as the only other male here is fixed. Im still hoping I don't have to deal with the hassle of pups, especially since I will have to take or ship them all north.