Who is akc top reprodcing sire of all time

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Darryl

Re: Who is akc top reprodcing sire of all time

Post by Darryl »

Sorry to burst your bubble but there is absolutely no way IFC Doylands Jimmy produced at a 50% rate
Home of
FTCH Branko's Cornflower (sold)
FTCH Branko's Jimmy D
FTCH Branko's Bronson (rip)
FTCH Martin's LP 2Spot
IFC Branko's Dubonnet

Competent

Post by Competent »

Darryl wrote:Sorry to burst your bubble but there is absolutely no way IFC Doylands Jimmy produced at a 50% rate
Amen.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Jimmy, have you given any thought to your future and any poor soul who may become your future son-inlaw? :lol:

As far a top producing sires, relying on any one-legged stool is a slippery slope if you've ever tried it... ;)

upstatenybeagler

Post by upstatenybeagler »

Darryl wrote:Sorry to burst your bubble but there is absolutely no way IFC Doylands Jimmy produced at a 50% rate
Darryl is right, where are you getting some made up numbers at? I like jimmys pedigree and the rest but i only count 3 FCs that i know of out of 40 or so pups
*IFC Beavercreek's Kickaz*
Drum Runner's PB Blaster
Drum Runner's Twisted Tank
Drum Runner's Sniper
Drum Runner's Savage
Drum Runner's Little Kickaz
Drum Runner's NEK Digger
Drum Runner's NEK Jack-Off

Competent

Post by Competent »

I spent alot of time wid John Monkman when he was wid us.....He specifically told me da yr da MAN died had 36 pups placing in Canada/USA and only bred 20 ta 25 bitches.... Due ta CKC clubs not advertising in da BB magazine as u must ta be eligible fer BB high sire is da reason da MAN never won it...

Everyone is high on ranger Dan guys he bred hundreds of bitches.

If ya didn't have ta advertise in BB ta be eligible fer da high sire and dam awards... U wld have seen shaker da MAN and Armandos Levi wld have dominated fer years. Ranger Dan wld have struggled ta win da high sire award.. Now fer da Dams Squirrel creek Angie and awful Bawlin hoser and swampsingin cricket wid have dominated da top dams fer yrs also. Pine acres Mollie wld have struggled ta win da top dam. So I don't care what it says in da BB comic book its horse crap ya have ta advertise in it ta win da award. Alot better producers out in dis sport den getting mentioned in dat comic book. Believe what ya guys want facts are facts men. Don't believe every ting ya read in a book.

Harry Snow Jr.

sparky

Post by sparky »

IFC Doylands Jimmy has sired 8 litters and produced 3 FCs.No doubt that Blackhawk Down wouldve finished but he came up missing from a pen.Arlie has a female named Patience that has 2 Wins and she just turned 2yrs old.Jimmy didnt get bred to a lot because of Arlie's legal misfortune not because he didnt produce.Ive seen a lot of pups out of Jimmy go and he definitely threw Nice dogs. There are some other numbers that have been listed that arent exactly accurate either!

My opinion of the Best Reproducers of all time are (no particular order)
Shaker
Mountain Man
Ninja
Striker
Jack of all trades
Ranger Dan

Females
Awful Bawlin Hoser
Squirrel Creek Angie
Nemaskets Big Spring
Brankos flying spark
Getemout's Singing Cricket
Last edited by sparky on Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SHAKE DOWN BEAGLES

bigdogpace

Post by bigdogpace »

WELL ITS FOR SURE I DONT KNOW NOTHING BUT FOR ME ROUND POND T PRODUCED ALOT NOT TO B BRED THAT MANY TIMES ONE OF MY FAVORITE LINES . AND THIS IS THE WAY I LOOK AT IT( RECORDS LIVE OPINIONS DIE ) IF U BREED ADOG 300 TIMES GET 20 FC AND BREED ANOTHER 60TIMES AND GET 20FC WICH ONE IS THE BEST PRODUCER U DO THE MATH I SEE A LOT OF DOGS BEING BLOWED UP ON HERE TO B SOMETHING THERE NOT WHEN AN OLD DOG ON ACHAIN AT END OF ADIRT ROAD MIGHT B ABETTER PRODUCER . WISH THERE WAS A WAY TO REALLY TELL
BIGDOGPACE

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

So what did brankos flying spark produce? Not being smart just never heard of her.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

sparky

Post by sparky »

Branko's Flying Spark produced

IFC Armandos little conman
IFC Armandos tasha
FTCH Aramandos hawkeye
IFC Armandos northern tracker
FTCH Armandos queeny
FTCH Armandos zachary
SHAKE DOWN BEAGLES

Lee Cockman

Post by Lee Cockman »

That's why there are so many dogs out there some like to walk a rabbit some like a dog to account for there game. Shorts pro makes a Dan dog look like he is running a 20+++ on a scale of one to ten. If you are slow enough you should never lose the line. But you may never know where it is either. JMHO
C&F Cottontail Kennels

C&F's Cinnamon Run RedBug
C&F's Talkabout TBO

Lee Cockman

Post by Lee Cockman »

Another thing I do not get if Reggie was breed to so many dogs that was not any good, why do you not see hundreds for sale? Seems to me the market would be flooded with Reggie dogs. Is it because they may make some of the best RABBIT dogs? Well any way I have been known to rabbit hunt probably will again this fall. But we like to get them up and back in front of the gun. Then he goes on the table. Maybe that's what works for me. Do you know how many dogs win ever week in ARHA that can only run for 2hrs or sometimes less? I do know that there is several in the trial area I am in. We cant run AKC because they like a dog that barks all over a pen until some guy yells TAL E HO. Then they try to walk a rabbit to death. Most of the time they put right back on the same rabbit. Hell I even know some that placed in the World hunt top five. And if he runs him with me he will quit and come to the truck in less than a hour in this heat. Even dead of winter it want be 2 hrs of running.
C&F Cottontail Kennels

C&F's Cinnamon Run RedBug
C&F's Talkabout TBO

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

Lee, Not going to take anything away from Reggie but i was recently looking to buy a big bitch or two and every dog I found forsale went back to him. The board always has dogs for sale out of him. Dogs are for sale out of him because that's what people want. If they wanted dogs from Branko that's what people would breed to. Supply and demand. I don't blame Reggie owner one bit. He has a service people want and he provides it, nobody but the bitch owners fault if they breeding junk to him. Why should the stud owner have to research or validate every female. I also respect the stud owners that restrict their studs to only breed top females.
My point being, stud owners have much to do with percentages....some only allow breedings to FC bitches. Pretty sure that would bump up the percentages.
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

Competent

Post by Competent »

Hey lee iam.not sur what AKC trials u are going to down ur way make a trip ta some AKC or.CKC lph trials in da northeast and iam sur u will leave wid a differnet attitude.

As far as Reggie goes he was a exceptional one himself but iam not sur how u can't see that da market in da mid west is flooded wid Reggie stuff.. der always fer sale just look at da classifieds. Reggie's percentage rate is down fer how many times he has been bred its black and white men!

Harry Jr.

Competent

Post by Competent »

Mybeagles I agree wid most everyting u said other den da part bout junk bitches being bred ta Reggie that happens all.da time ppl breeding junk ta average bitches and den blaming it in de sire. What ur opinion on this..... awful Bawlin hoser and threejays jacks magie were both bred ta Reggie and all.we got was if lucky average rabbit dogs which der is a ton of average dogs in dis world. But when dem two bitches were bred ta mtn man or too mtn males da produced at least two exceptional ones out of every litter.... jmho.

Harry Jr.

BM Orchard

Post by BM Orchard »

The formula I used for my percentages on jimmy & max where as follows: FC's per litter! Not FC's per pup:

For example:
Mtn Man 18 litters / 19 FC's = 105%
Mad max 10 litters / 9 FC's = 90%
Jack of all trades 59 litters / 27 FC's = 46%
Pacesetter 33 litters / 14 FC's = 42%
Jigs 61 litters / 19 FC's = 31%

Not saying these numbers a 100% exact but should be close. The more they where breed the more FC's they should have produced. I like everyone of the above mentioned dogs but that's the numbers I found.
I had jimmy with 4 FC's / 8 litters = 50 % if there is only 3 FC's from him I apologize for my mistake.