dogs in heaven?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

stavemillbeagles

Re: dogs in heaven?

Post by stavemillbeagles »

In the scriptures we just don’t have biblical support to say this with certainty whether or not our pets will be in heaven, however it does appear that animals will exist in the Kingdom of heaven (Isaiah 11:6-9). If our pets will be resurrected or not, we just cannot say for sure. A more important question is if you, the reader, will be in heaven.  It is pointless to ponder the question of whether your pet goes to heaven if you yourself are not there.  The only way to be sure is to make certain you can go there. Decide today to accept Jesus Christ as your Savior and have the full assurance that you will go to heaven and receive eternal life.  As for your pets being in heaven or not, the only way to find out is to go there yourself.  That is my prayer for you.
Chris & Yum Yum Wells
http://huntingbeagle.gotop100.com/out.php?id=431

Haters Motivate Me!!

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

gwyoung wrote:Casey, you may very well believe all of us are going to heaven but you didn't get that belief from anywhere factual like the Bible. Dingus man, you can hope to make Heaven your eternal home, but it ain't going to happen, sorry. Dogs are not going to heaven, same as my pet cockroach is not going! sorry!

Something I like to believe... But I know it won't happen...
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

Uzala Hounds

Post by Uzala Hounds »

“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”

Mark Twain

east80kennels

Post by east80kennels »

i belive all animals will one day walk with us all in the kingdom of heaven, why would god have created them as he did us. cause he loved them as he did us. if he did not care of the animals why would he have told noah to get 2 of every animal and put it on the ark? he would have just let them all perrish if he did not love the animals as well. plain and simple everything here including yourselves has a purpose here in life and i dont see heaven no different all people creatures will have there purposes there also.

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

Folks constantly speak of living their eternal lives in heaven along with their pets. This is not going to happen, read your bible. Heaven is the home of God and his Holy Angels it was never meant to be the eternal home of Humans and it will not be. The saved will NOT be spending their eternal lives in Heaven. You will be spending this time on EARTH!

adirondackjoe

Post by adirondackjoe »

god spelled backwards is dog.

snowshoehareguide

Post by snowshoehareguide »

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
― Will Rogers

i hope to see Will Rogers :D
http://harehunter.tripod.com/ snowshoe hare guide service

AprilD

Post by AprilD »

Here is a short story I love. I read it 20 yrs ago and it still gets me choked up today.

http://aarf.org/Memorials/NoDogsInHeaven.htm
April D
Grantville, PA

adirondackjoe

Post by adirondackjoe »

great post. thanks

Rcoff

Post by Rcoff »

Stevemillsbeagles, the passage in Isaiah is talking about the thousand year melinial reign of Christ when the lion shall lie down with the lamb, that will happen here on earth after the great tribulation. Animals do not have souls. They have bodies and life. When they die they are gone. No soul or spirit like people. The Bible talks about cherubims (4 wings), Seraphims (6 wings), angels (which resemble men, by the way, not with wings) and saints who have gone home before, but no mention of any animals in heaven. Only mention of animals is on earth. Biblically, I don't believe animals go to heaven. The only way anyone can go to heaven is to put your faith and trust in The Lord Jesus Christ and in Him only. Without the preaching of the gospel of Christ can be no salvation. Unless you can make your dog understand about the birth, death and reserrection of Christ, he can not be saved. I don't make the rules, just a proclaimer of them, biblically.
Thanks,
Bob
:loser: Coffmans Dougie Macrae at Stud (HOF Happyrun Calico Clem)
Coffmans Rabbit Ridge Hit Man (IFC Kickaz X South Woods Marley)