Gettin' old, can't remember dog's name!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

DRamey

Gettin' old, can't remember dog's name!

Post by DRamey »

There was a hound back in the '90s I think, I was telling someone the other day about him. He was at the world hunt and there was a dispute about his name being changed upon registration and he lost all his achievements then he came back and won them all back again. Do any of you old-school beaglers remember that hound's name? it's driving me crazy trying to remember it. I remember Lynn Perkins saying that he was about the best he ever saw on the ground at the time.
"My past is coming up into my future and messin' with my good life"--Jesco White, 1991
"I enjoyed myself from within myself on behalf of myself"--Jesco White, 1991

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Re: Gettin' old, can't remember dog's name!

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Codys Sharp Jackson-I owned him Ramey.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

Trackstar

Post by Trackstar »

THIS BOARD REALLY CONNECT ONE BEAGLER TO ANOTHER.........NICE!!!!!!!

Actually it was a miss- hap from day 1 Jacksons number was d-7731641. I ran him on that number his entire life. Man he won a bunch of stuff my friend Wayne Waits took him to a trial and wrote down the wrong number on him meaning 2 dogs were running the same number on that day. Once Gerald bailey noticed it i was called and investigation was started , well i was given a bad set of papers from another friend when i got him at 4 months old. He was never run on another number ever.
At the time it all surfaced.I was told by Mr Bailey to bring him to the world hunt he had previously placed in the top five of each class before, and i really thought this would be his year in the grands. Upon my arrival i was stopped by Mr Bailey and told a emergency board meeting was held the night before and i would not be able to compete. I also had a young man named Cody Sharp with me and his hound Codys Sharp Bubbis. It was a mess and nearly come to blows at the time i was pretty wild. I was totallly stripped of all my wins and accomplishments. I was so mad i didnt know what to do so i took my 4 year old grand and started over again which was actually quite fun for me just not the competetion. I regranded him again quite fast. And told Gerald bailey to go Jump off a cliff. I actually quit trialing for several years till i come back with my Junie dog.I hated the arha for that
This i think took place around 98. Got a phone call from chip one night telling me they were inducting Jackson in the Hall Of Fame.Ya know thinking back i really appreciated what they did. Jackson deserved it. Just for the record they did the correct thing. I gave Jackson to a old friend he ran loose the rest of his life occasionally i would go set and listen to him with my buddy he is buried on that farm.

DRamey

Post by DRamey »

Jimmie, when I first started reading your reply, I thought that I had dredged up bad memories. After I read further, I was glad I asked because I have good memories of some good old hounds from days gone by, too. What got me started thinking about this is the male I have out of Mason's Krissy. I was looking at his papers and saw Chester's name and I was thinking that he and Jackson were related in some way but couldnt remember Jackson's name. I remember Lynn talking about running against Jackson after he started going back through the ranks and he said things about him that he only said about a very, very few great hounds. I haven't been on here in a long time. Raising kids and teaching one of them in high school takes a lot of time! Good running to you and take care.
"My past is coming up into my future and messin' with my good life"--Jesco White, 1991
"I enjoyed myself from within myself on behalf of myself"--Jesco White, 1991

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

That was a great ending and story ! :D
TheJohnBirchSociety

Joseph J Murphy

Post by Joseph J Murphy »

Jimmy didn't you run Jackson against Buzz at Beaver Dam in the finals one year at a Big 5 .I think it may have been Lynn's first big 5 but I could be mistaken about that.know how Ramey feels ,gettin old and the memory is starting to go.

Joseph J Murphy
Bring on Dream Team 3 !!!!!!

J.C. Blair

Post by J.C. Blair »

Joseph J Murphy wrote:Jimmy didn't you run Jackson against Buzz at Beaver Dam in the finals one year at a Big 5 .I think it may have been Lynn's first big 5 but I could be mistaken about that.know how Ramey feels ,gettin old and the memory is starting to go.

Joseph J Murphy
They ran against one another at the beagle club at a hunt in salyersville. Bunch of us from Pike county went to that club. Wayne Waits, Cody Sharp, and Jimmie were there that day with Jackson. Rumor was Jimmie had just got out of jail :shock: And Wayne had been runnin Jackson, anyways Jackson won that day with Buzz coming in second as a young young dog, that may have been around 2000??
EAST RIDGE KENNEL
2010 Natl CH LPGRCH East Ridge Black Phantom
East Ridge The Dark Side
Weedeater Foxy
East Ridge Allie Gator
East Ridge Tomahawk

Joseph J Murphy

Pretty sure they ran against each other at Beaver Dam too but I might be mistaken.

Joseph J Murphy

Whoops Iwaswrong.I looked it up and the hunt I was thinking about was the Grand Nationals in 2003 .Lynn got 3rd with Buzz but I don't think Jackson was there .My mistake

Hey blair ur right I just got out and Wayne was running Jackson Hard. Poor buzz was a pup then he got out dogged that day. Buzz however was one of the best to ever take air. Ya kno w boys we all hit hard spots in the road just happened mine was full of potholes. Jackson probaly saved my life. I probably drank a case every night running his guts out. Still remember a lot of great memories of him. Wish I knew how to post a pic. His arch rival was Logans Skim they split it down the middle with 3 wins each. Skim is another great dog. Thanks for the memories.

C Clark

Post by C Clark »

Guys this was great reading the stories about what sounds like some awesome dogs just wondering I always heard that he was a 13" dog but never had the pleasure to se him run but would like to know if that is so thanks and thanks for the stories

Nurse Laura

Post by Nurse Laura »

Enjoyed the memories thanks for sharing.

JCM

Post by JCM »

Nothin about the whole deal with Jackson and ARHA ever made any sense. What a tribute to a dog though that he could do it twice. It left no doubt that he deserved all the credit for his accomplishments.

mike crabtree

Post by mike crabtree »

With a owner like Jimmy it had to be near impossible to do it. Had to be a heck of a dog.
Wanna run Dogs? U R Invited.
276 620 1572