Heavy inbreeding or linebreeding

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bill (flint river )

Re: Heavy inbreeding or linebreeding

Post by bill (flint river ) »

Lone Pine Beagles wrote:What do these dogs have in common??

Beaver Creeks Blue Max
Eyer's Jerico
Green Bay Eli
Most Birch Lake hounds
Most Meachum hounds
Most Branko hounds
Farrier's Wrangler
Most Lake Ogemaw hounds

check out their pedigrees on beaglefieldtrials.com
:check:

like I said all ready there is a difrence line breeding, how many time did branko breed a father daughter or the other way around?

i have and will line breed what i wont do is a full brother sister, father daughter, mother son.

sbeagler

Post by sbeagler »

bill (flint river ) wrote:
Lone Pine Beagles wrote:What do these dogs have in common??

Beaver Creeks Blue Max
Eyer's Jerico
Green Bay Eli
Most Birch Lake hounds
Most Meachum hounds
Most Branko hounds
Farrier's Wrangler
Most Lake Ogemaw hounds

check out their pedigrees on beaglefieldtrials.com
:check:
Bill the $12 dollar year fee is well worth it. I agree with what you say about breeding too.
like I said all ready there is a difrence line breeding, how many time did branko breed a father daughter or the other way around?

i have and will line breed what i wont do is a full brother sister, father daughter, mother son.

bunnybuster88

Post by bunnybuster88 »

The Coefficient Of Inbreeding or “COI” is measured by the following:
 Parent x Offspring = 25.00% - {Parent is 75.00% of blood}
 Full Brother x Sister = 25.00% - {Common Grandparent is 50.00% of blood}
 Father x Granddaughter = 12.50% - {Father is 62.5% of blood}
 Half-Brother x Half Sister = 12.50% - {Common Grandparent is 50.00% of blood}
 Uncle x Niece = 12.50% - {Common Grandparent is 37.5% of blood}
 First-Cousin Mating = 6.25% - {Common Great Grandparent is 25.0% ofblood}.............High COI percentages of over 20% increase the probability that genetic defects will be carried from common ancestors on both sides of the pedigree and will match up to cause the actual genetic diseases faults or defects that are mentioned above. When you reach 30% you will see some of the symptoms mentioned above start to take hold and many of these genetic disorders will eventually consume your strain.
A COI of 12.5% is equivalent to a half brother x half sister mating or a grandparent to grandchild mating. This breeding is the most common practice for breeders wishing to achieve consistency in true to type or to "cement" certain traits. As a result the litter will consistently be uniform in type, temperament, health, traits and characteristics, which is the goal for anyone breeding to maintain and better the breed. This breeding {12.5%} is referred to individuals that raise horses,sheep, cattle and dogs of all breeds as the method of choice by scientists and geneticists through research in the fields of genetics, immunology, and veterinary medicine and is considered the best breeding method to achieve perfection to the highest level that the gene pool of your particular strain will allow it to be

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

Certain genes and traits are harder to clone than others. Easiest is color followed by physical things and hardest is intelligence or character instincts like hunting or trailing. The closer the kin, the more you can set color and physical things, but again, doing the same thing will decrease intelligence.
This is true of animals and humans as well.

This is well known even among native folks from different far off areas way back in time and why they all captured folks from other areas to marry to help their gene pool. See 1Samuel 15 about Saul killing all the animals of Agag the Amelite king and dig into their many centuries of outstanding animal breeding programs. They had cattle and various animals lines very different from one another and were pure bred cattle, horses, sheep, etc. all different for different purposes and beautiful and admired by all, but dumb.

Also why its against the law for humans to breed too close. We make fun of the dumb blond.

warddog

Post by warddog »

S.R.Patch wrote:But what if every so often the machine falls open and you can take out a apple or a orange and put in another cherry, would you rather play that machine or the one with an even mix? odds/percentages?
I'm certainly NOT knocking line breeding. We try to stack the possibility of more cherries BUT with breeding there are two distinct individuals adding to the mix of apples, oranges and cherries. So to put your thinking into proper perspective one would have to be pulling the levers on two, one armed bandits at the same time with the result showing up on a third one. You would then have to open up one and remove a single apple, orange and replace it with a single cherry. I don't know what the percentage/adds or statistical probability of then pulling those two levers would be, for all those cherries to line up BUT I'm guessing about the same as one winning the Powerball lottery and then doing so consistently. Yes, you may get lucky and hit it once but I doubt you will ever do so consistently to be a pro at it. I'm not knocking line breeding as I have done it for years and was doing so for my own personal use with Ranger Dan blood long before Shooter was popular. What I started doing it for was the hunt in the line as we just couldn't find one locally that would get out and into the THICK stuff so we didn't have to until we stumbled across that line. That is the one thing that is consistent with the vast majority of what we have line bred from this line. So maybe that is one of the cherries you allude to. There have been offspring from one of my females that has championed out and there are others that many hunters LOVE with offers to buy that can't even get a first place in a trial although they have and do place. So we are back to what's in the eye of the beholder.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

These distinct two animals should be very much alike in Phenotype and numerously as possible alike in Genotype(stacking your cherries).
Never a pro at it but figuring the mathematical probabilities of the different combinations of chromosomes on each gene nuclei in the genetic strains, I don't count breeding on one hound in a breeding plan much of a worry in getting to "Close" or factoring to greatly in the offspring. It's only the start of building a pool to select from to set and develop or settle a type of hound your looking for. Many make this start then become disheartened and switch to the next greatest individual to come down the beagle trail, only mixing up the soup even more and never coming close to settling or developing any consistency in what their after.
It has always been humorous to me listening to folks talk about this COI and it becoming relevant on a cross or two of two unrelated hounds being bred back to each other a time or two, especially when the hounds behind them are also unrelated or worse, different in Phenotype.
God chose Abraham seed to build his nation, Rev. Parks wrote a good article in his book on line/inbreeding, including people. I am a firm believer in the powers of hereditary and selection, it works whether using the Phenotype or Genotype breeding.
My daughter is more hardheaded like her grandpa but both my children were valedictorians like my wife and her brother were,..I only take credit for their good looks... :lol:

bill (flint river )

Post by bill (flint river ) »

u to good to call your friends or what?