Who Would You Like to See?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Schag

Re: Who Would You Like to See?

Post by Schag »

Great suggestions. This will probably have to take place late October, November, December, January, Feb. because right now I have no free time. I am coaching football again, and am BUSY! Just sat down tonight and it is 9:00. When that is over In about 8 weeks, the camera will be ready. BTW I did go out and get a decent HD camera so all of these hounds will be crystal clear. :biggrin: Some of the owners, including myself, I may have to edit so that it does not frighten the audience.

I wish I had the time to travel and video all of these hounds. Again, two "big" name hounds already made the cut. I have some fair footage ready to rock from last year. I need great footage this year during rabbit season to piece it together. I will need some of these dogs to complete what I have...I already have a number of young kids lined up to take rabbit hunting this year. It should be a great year. Stay tuned...

I sincerely thank everyone for their suggestions and positive feedback. This is why I still own beagles. Thanks.
Jason Schag

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

Jason I can make a trip somewhere to video a hound or 2 and send you the footage if it will help the video out!!
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

Chimney Rock Kennel

Post by Chimney Rock Kennel »

Jason I'm sure you haven't forgot this ol boy, he was in your 2nd video and I think he's gonna stick around and get him a part in the 3rd.

LPRCH Schag's Linebacker Blitz

Home of

NrFC LPGRCH Chimney Rock's Bad Moon Rising
FCGD LPRCH Chimney Rock's KY Lucky
NrFC LPGRCH Chimney Rock's Shooting Star

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

johns03272008 wrote:Jason I can make a trip somewhere to video a hound or 2 and send you the footage if it will help the video out!!
i would do the same anywhere in michigan

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

Would love to see a pack that consisted of John DeWyse's, Cletus Shaw's, and Bob King's FC's running a hare. They're all super nice people and I'm sure they'd be happy to help you out.

rock pushin rabbit hunter

Post by rock pushin rabbit hunter »

Lucky,Demon,and Big Show. Would be a great time. Battle of the Bluegrass. Throw Blairs Dusty dog in for good measure.
Last edited by rock pushin rabbit hunter on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Home Of
LPGRCH LPBCH 2013 Ky. State Ch. Winner Dixie Drivin' Big Show
LPGRCH 2012 Autism Hunt Winner Hicks' Edge
LPGRCH Watts Rabbit Traitor
LPRCH LPBCH Longwoods Krusher
LPRCH Cave Run Josie

backyard beagler

Post by backyard beagler »

I like the idea of running the males then pups...I've seen several nice lucky pups already, like to see how they stack up
Paul Blackburn
Blackburn's Beagles
LpGrRch LpGrBch Blackburn's Rabbit Charming Preacher(rip)
LpRch Blackburn's Black Jack(rip)
LpRch Blackburn's Rockstar

johnny

Post by johnny »

Ky lucky, Chester, Logan elm red rambler.
R.I.P Reserve World Hunt Winner Lp Gr Ch Adkins Rocky Hills Red Ram
R.I.P LpRch Adkins BB
Little World Hunt Winner Lp Gr Ch Adkins Joker
LpRCh Adkins Penny
LpRCh Adkins Rosebud
LpRCh Adkins Rosie

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

chapkosbeagles wrote:
johns03272008 wrote:Jason I can make a trip somewhere to video a hound or 2 and send you the footage if it will help the video out!!
Head south doobie, we can figure somewhere to lodge ya. I can get ya on about a 1000 acres that will make ya wanna smack ur momma. Jason funny i sit at home last night just running this thru my head and how it would be portrayed. I would like to met a bunch of these beagle gurus and hear a good story. I am willing to bet this video will sell more than the first 2 combined. Just keep little reggie aka john born again off camera and everything may work out.Btw these shitz eaters dont know what format they run ,they just run.However we all know the best? Midwest.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

Schag

Post by Schag »

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I appreciate everyone asking to help out, but it has been my experience that when you are doing something like this it is best to put it all on your own shoulders. That is what I intend to do. Nothing personal to anyone.

As far as the dogs that are going to be on the video, I will make some phone calls. When I had the idea of this the first time, I called Kevin Monroe and he said come on down and video like it was no big deal. Mark Trudell was the same way with Timberjack. Good guys. Most guys know I am not out to deceive anyone. Thanks again everyone. It should be fun!

Eddie,
I never forget a hound...give Blitz a pat on the head. He was my buddy.

Looks like a lot of guys want to see KY Lucky and Blue Bud. I have judged both and ran against both. Nice hounds. We will see if I can get that done. Thanks again.

NeilKimbrel7

Post by NeilKimbrel7 »

Suprised there isn't a greater demand for females?? There are several nice dogs on the list. I've seen a lot of these dogs run, I would feed most of them. I'm also suprised that with all the ky dogs mentioned, smiths stormin ali didn't make the list. Ali or his sister, Durhams lily should be on it. They both had success in akc and from what I can tell their pups are doing good too.
HOF LPGRCH GRPCH FCGD Kimbrel's Kickem Up Kane
Kimbrel's Flyby Foxy lady
Kimbrel’s Rock
Peeple’s Naughty Girl

BAOTB

Schag

Post by Schag »

Just a side note...they do not have to be only midwest hounds. It is my preference, but I am not blind to the fact that other hounds in other registries can get it done.

In the past I had Grands in NKC, World Champions, Reserve World Champions, UKC champions, etc..... as well as IFC and FC. I like a rabbit dog.

Thanks.

rabbitman1980

Post by rabbitman1980 »

I would love to see a 3 way of Butkus, Pawking and Tuff than Yers go at it. Would be interesting

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. wrote:
chapkosbeagles wrote:
Head south doobie, we can figure somewhere to lodge ya. I can get ya on about a 1000 acres that will make ya wanna smack ur momma. Jason funny i sit at home last night just running this thru my head and how it would be portrayed. I would like to met a bunch of these beagle gurus and hear a good story. I am willing to bet this video will sell more than the first 2 combined. Just keep little reggie aka john born again off camera and everything may work out.Btw these shitz eaters dont know what format they run ,they just run.However we all know the best? Midwest.

Jimmy I would make a great camera guy, :bigsmile: aka Lil Reggie out
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

KanesIrish

Post by KanesIrish »

After watching Berkshire's two couple pack for the past three years there are two packs that I would love to see in a hunting situation:
Roger Wingfield's Taylor Hill's Pack, which is headed by FC Hocking Hill's Daisy Duke who is Indian Hill's bred with her three daughters following in toe and Andy Purnell's Deadriver Pack which is based by old Nittany Cigar breeding through Andy's first FC Dixie.

I've got to hunt over some of the better SPO dogs in the Northeast on hare and cottontail. I would like to see FC Lang's Little Eddy go when it's time to gun.
These are dogs that are a little out of the realm for you guys, but thinking outside of the box a little bit isn't all that bad, these are top notch dogs and more importantly gun dogs.