Little Pack/ Midwest

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

chapkosbeagles

Re: Little Pack/ Midwest

Post by chapkosbeagles »

like i said dave tell me one fast dog out of a brace bitch... better yet go buy a brace bitch and breed her to any fast male yall see... buy 10 females all brace and do this you will see the same results...

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

Chappy,

Most brace dogs have been inbred for many many generation for extremely slow speed with a complete disregard for anything else.

Please tell me why any one would breed a brace bitch to get fast dogs. Your trying to develop a trait that doesn't exist for 50 generations. All that said if bred fast inbred males to brace females you would get some fast ones.

Why were you breeding brace dogs? What females do you own that are brace dogs?
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

big mike 50

Post by big mike 50 »

LOL... I was just gonna ask what the hell chappy was doing with brace dogs but you beat me to it. This is great.
When the tailgate drops the bull$#!t stops

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

dave i am partners on over 70 beagles.... i raise and train then offten give them away when they dont suite my style... i own 12 hounds out of 12 different fc or ifc...dont try to keep track of what i am doing... you will get lost...i might not be able to spell on your level.. just like you cant think on mine....

i used brace dogs as they were the original stock.... untainted to speed... like you said generations of slow dogs.... i figured this would be the best way to isolate the speed gene.....

dave this is a fact.... a guy like me is not going to be able to teach a guy like you much. as guys with a higher education tent olny to learn from higher educated people then themself. they tend not to listen to someone less educated.. thus making it hard to teach them anything... one has to listen to learn..one higher educated.dose not tend to listen to a lower educated person.. anyone can teach anyone anything.. smartness runs in different areas. thus one person at anytime could be smarter than another.... smartness can change in mins or even seconds....
because of the training you have had in the police force and military you are trained to think a certain way... with all this said i don't think there is much point in me trying to explain to you what i have done, as it will make no sence to you. you will not care to listen.. you are just wired to think different..... your training.. you can't help it :nod: strong minded.. but not wide open to all ideas

if you are really interested in hearing what i have done,and the results that i have had. i would be more than willing to share them with ya along with the reasoning i have behind them... call me it is too hard for me to explain what i am trying to say on here as i can talk alot better than i type
i tend to think out side the box..... looking at the big picture.....

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

Chappy,

I think I will frame your last post and revere you as a "practical genius".

Regardless of your disregard for education, the laws of science became laws because the Scientific Method proved them to be so with years of trial and error far above my education level. My education simply taught me how to recognize truth from fiction. You my friend are a walking comic book. I would never try to figure you out because you don't know what your doing from one moment to the next.

A quote I learned a while back states "If you want to learn something, just ask some SOB that doesn't know anything and he will talk for hours". (Len Prater)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

Ron Conroe

Post by Ron Conroe »

Now that's funny right there..lol

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

mybeagles wrote:Chappy,

I think I will frame your last post and revere you as a "practical genius".

Regardless of your disregard for education, the laws of science became laws because the Scientific Method proved them to be so with years of trial and error far above my education level. My education simply taught me how to recognize truth from fiction. You my friend are a walking comic book. I would never try to figure you out because you don't know what your doing from one moment to the next.

A quote I learned a while back states "If you want to learn something, just ask some SOB that doesn't know anything and he will talk for hours". (Len Prater)

i keep searching the net on these studies done on beagles too see gene isolation.... and studies done simular to mine

as far as my disregard for education.. it is greed on the highest level that keeps me from taking education to the next level.. a person should not have to go into debt thousands of dollars to be educated..
the way i think is our gov must want stupid people. cause if they found a way for free education olny select would be interested in it anyway. if this happened it would make use alot smarter country as a whole... i am sure there are alot of people like i. who are capable of learning but really are unwilling to go into debt to prusue a higher education. why should i have to pay for some off these basics.. to learn what one might not ever use....although if i found a job i could love as much as these beagles. i would do it in a second..... if our country wanted all of use to be smarter education would be free.. it is not.. you have to pay for it... SO I DONT DISREGARD EDUCATION..IT IS MORE ALONG THE LINES OF CANT AFFORD EDUCATION.... ;) you can learn alot on the net now days ;)

IS EDUCATION REALLY VALUED OR IS THERE A PRICE ON IT.....TRUE VALUE CANT BE BOUGHT.....

i have found true value in 2 places in life...both are thing you cant buy....

rabbit chaser

Post by rabbit chaser »

HOLY :offtopic: :offtopic: I started reading this thread about a fella just lookin for a certain style of hound to see run and by page three it had turned to isolated genes pools and apparently me being a idiot because I went to college :confused: :confused: did I miss something?
Thumper Jumpin Kennels-home of:
Thumper Jumpin Luck-E-Colt
Thumper Jumpin Lil Terror on Paws
Behne's oopsie daisy
Behne's lady

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

no i am the idot :lol: :lol: :lol:

i wass breedin brace dogs :lol: :lol: :lol:

tom summers

Post by tom summers »

AMEN. RIGHT ON AND POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!! This is an awesome intelectual thread that my high school education is not capable of following.
You guys are awesome.

Tom Summers

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

tom summers wrote:AMEN. RIGHT ON AND POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!! This is an awesome intelectual thread that my high school education is not capable of following.
You guys are awesome.

Tom Summers
:lol: :lol: :dance:

deerhost

Post by deerhost »

Not to chime in but, If you breed hounds then some will come out like the sire some like the dam. Some will be a mix of the too. That is the only thin that is for sure. I keep reading that the pups will either be like the mom or like the dad and nothing in bettween and I think that is nonsense. That just comes from what Ive seen in the pups Ive breed and look around at people some get traits from there mom and dad.....If anyone has studied biology and genetics then you should know. Every single trait has a specific gene not group of traits......Just my two pennies...DH

Hood Swamp

Post by Hood Swamp »

Brace bitches are bred for one trait....very accurate line control. Therefore, that is the dominate trait they will pass on....SLOW

The quicker hounds a re usually bred to be a more well rounded hound. They are bred for multiple characteristics and also, they are not usually bred as tight as brace beagles.

That is my opinion as to why a brace bitch would dominate a breeding
Run em hard and make no excuses!

Bear Creek Kennel

Post by Bear Creek Kennel »

This has nothing to do with the brace dog part of this thread, but just about breeding and reproducing in general. I have been around several females (both coonhounds and beagles) that were considered to be really great reproducers by many people and have often wondered what made them so great at throwing good pups. I keep coming back to one of 2 conclusions (assuming it is the same female bred to several different good males):

1. The female is so dominant (in marking pups) as a reproducer that she overshadows the male's traits and throws good pups no matter what she is bred to.

2. The female is extremely weak, to the point that the pups get most everything from the male, and therefore she throws good pups no matter what she is bred to.

Either way, there are females that tend to have good pups out of several different breedings. They are few and far between, but there is something to it.

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

Bear creek,

I'll offer a third possibility:

The female is good and stamps good traits; the males are good and stamp good traits, thus you get good pups with both male and female contributing positive traits.
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly