Best of all time

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

rabbitman1980

Best of all time

Post by rabbitman1980 »

Without voting for dogs you have owned which one is the best you ever saw placed on the ground and what made them so great?

Casey Harner

Re: Best of all time

Post by Casey Harner »

Glomski's Thunder Run Jdell. I've gotten to hunt over him, he retrieves down and injuried rabbits. Even with a big injury that almost took his life, he's still battling. On two seperate occasions and not knowing Matt Glomski back then I watched him dominate two different field trials in two different formats. One at the Everett Morgan Classic where he picked up the check, drove it out 100 yards and caught the rabbit. He left the dogs behind and the judges had to call timeout. He came in second that cast due to a judge who didn't care for him. He then won the Juvnile Diabets hunt at Three Rivers Beagle Club, where he dominated....
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

LaMarr Rhoades

Post by LaMarr Rhoades »

fareast luke the drifter was a bad sob
good dogs run on good days,great dogs run when u take them out

BM Orchard

Post by BM Orchard »

FC Durhams Lily

Hunt, nose, brains, speed! She was unbelievable!

bill (flint river )

Post by bill (flint river ) »

shaws trailblazer skunk

bluecollar beagler

Post by bluecollar beagler »

fc barcus ohio river tuck.. BRAINS BRAINS BRAINS. could and still can make a pack of dogs look stupid. unmistakeable mouth on him too. love to listen to him pound a rabbit! im planning on breeding an awesome lil female i have to him this fall if all goes as planned.

Seth Shipman

Post by Seth Shipman »

Oscar Keen's Shania

KanesIrish

Post by KanesIrish »

If FC Barcus's Ohio River Tuck is the dog I'm thinking about, he is one of the nicer dogs I've had a chance to see. 13" Male? Open marked? Knows exactly where the check is at all times? Big nose to make the checks? Can run up with any dog that I've seen? Has the control to make the dog swinging on the front look stupid?

deerhost

Post by deerhost »

If FC Barcus's Ohio River Tuck is the dog I'm thinking about, he is one of the nicer dogs I've had a chance to see. 13" Male? Open marked? Knows exactly where the check is at all times? Big nose to make the checks? Can run up with any dog that I've seen? Has the control to make the dog swinging on the front look stupid?
Rob, What are the nicer little males you have seen lately judging up here in the north east and or at the nationals.

KanesIrish

Post by KanesIrish »

Personal preference Andre?

I really liked this Tuck dog's style when I got to sVee him go.

I like NLPC, CNLPC FTCH Cryon Kimbo when I got to see him go, seemed like he had a lot of tools, level headed, good nose, stayed close to the check, quick and not sloppy doing it

You know I was fan of both FC Lang's Little Eddy and FC Lang's Little Muddy Waters, hoping Danny brings them gunning this year. I really liked Muddy's grandfather FC JD's Hill Billy Willy as wel, for how he was bred he could rock.

A little male that was soon forgotten about after he finished(and he finished so quick) was FC Walker Hill's Recon Snoopyhttp://beaglefieldtrials.com/ipb/pedigr ... on-snoopy/. I saw him do some pretty awesome stuff when he was on the circuit.

I've been kind of out of the loop on little males lately...

deerhost

Post by deerhost »

Hey thanks Rob. I've watched Eddie and muddy run and liked them both. I bred to Eddie but should have kept more pups. Ran with jimmy fowls up at new Scotland one morning and he had a few females down out of willy and I gotta say they just locked on and ran forever with out loosing the rabbit and still moving at a good speed. You really could have thrown a 4x6 sheet of ply wood over all the dogs while running and at a check. It was something to see. Thanks for the input......Ps what about other dogs females, males big and small. Anything stick out in your mind you really like.

mtn state

Post by mtn state »

Seth Shipman wrote:Oscar Keen's Shania
Oscar has had open heart surgery. Needs prayer please. Run with Shania lots. Good dog. She has a pup named Willey that can run the feet of a rabbit. always wanted pup from Willey :check:

Ken Yerian

Post by Ken Yerian »

FC Branko's Jack Pot dominated the field when he won jessamine Co back in the 90's. if i remember right there was over 100 big males that he beat. I was handling a dog against him in the second series and jack pot just totaly dominated that cast. There wasn't a whole lot of check work because he wasn't making any mistakes. i liked him so much we bred to him as quickly as possible. that worked out well also.
Ken Yerian
Burr Oak Beagles

Ridge View

Post by Ridge View »

Passed away too soon but rockhard lacy was best little female I saw to. Big females would have been FC Jerry's shana Brooke. Best big male I have seen FC Branko's Boot Scootin Boogie. Best little male also died too soon dog owned by joe Hagen the name was Tom cat I think. Watched him dominate little males at mid ky.

Overall RockHard Lacy was best!!

mtn state

Post by mtn state »

Ken Yerian wrote:FC Branko's Jack Pot dominated the field when he won jessamine Co back in the 90's. if i remember right there was over 100 big males that he beat. I was handling a dog against him in the second series and jack pot just totaly dominated that cast. There wasn't a whole lot of check work because he wasn't making any mistakes. i liked him so much we bred to him as quickly as possible. that worked out well also.
Hey Kin Bernard Mulinex has told me about Jackpot and same trial. He also bred Mt. State Speedy Leggs to him. Must have been powerful dog.