UP Micigan Hare populations

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

chapkosbeagles

Re: UP Micigan Hare populations

Post by chapkosbeagles »

TallPaul wrote:I thought that this post was about hare populations. But if we're going to change it to wolf populations, so be it.
Here some good reading
http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum ... p?t=479719

I find it very interesting on so many experts, that don't live with them. The above wolf is part of a pack west of me, that is responsible for killing ( I believe ) 4 dogs, on different occasions. All were in their yards, some let to roam free in the yard, one was in an enclosure. Individuals from this pack have been through the edge of town, down my street, behind neighbor houses.

I talked with a friend, her husband saw 2 in a yard early in the morning in Wakefield (near WI line), they let him stop and take pictures.

Anytime you run up here, anywhere, you're rolling the dice, no matter the "Tactics" you use. You are not going to prevent a wolf taking your beagle anywhere in it's run. Not on the run that takes your hound 1/4 mile out or even 60 yards from you.

Family friends of ours had wolves coming right into the barn yard, and nabbing goats, sometimes with the wife in pursuit.

I agree, if you're running, run 'small' spots (only thing small in the UP is the towns)

Hare pops. I'm not sure, I would imagine it's about average. From what I saw late last winter, there were plenty of breeding stock. But we did have a rainy cool spring and summer. Which isn't good for young hare, found a few at the club dead from exposure.

Good luck
great post tall paul

reddog1

Post by reddog1 »

Yes I did say encounter.

Taken from Websters Dictionary:

Encounter : to meet unexpectedly ; come upon

Yes we did come upon a Lynx unexpectedly. Then it circled around down wind to see what we were, stopped looked and then disapeared into the swamp.

Yes I am a fool for not realizing that you are too stupid to know that there is more than one definition for encounter.
I done with you and this post. Ike my dad always said: you can't fix stupid.

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

Don't forget my PUFFS ! :lol:
TheJohnBirchSociety

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

well your dad was a fool than also :roll:
no you can't fix stupid.. you can only teach someone to be smarter..it is darn near impossible to change a fool or teach one for that matter :dance:

i can be known to be stupid.. no doubt. but anyone can teach me anything..... i can even learn from a fool

stupid is just a lack of knowladge......maybe i lack some knowladge on the wolf population,or maybe there is just a couple on the island....

As far as stupid...(you run them patch hounds) :lol: :lol: foolish :lol: back to being serious.
if we were learning something neither of us had never done before.i would say. i can be tought easyer, faster,and adapt from each foreign task to the next better. therefore i would be classified as a smarter individuial...

so smart guy dose stupid really exsist or is stupid just absents of something else like cold,dark,ext
stupid.. is simply a lack of knowladge
dose COLD exsist NO it is just a absents of heat
dose DARK exsist NO it is just the absents of light
dose evil exsist NO IT IS JUST THE ABSENTS OF GOOD....
for you to call someone of my intellangence stupid shows your foolish... with this said i believe you are the one that lacks the brains.... oh like them patch hounds :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: can't figure out a check :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: yeah i had a few ..... hay if you got a good 15 inch bitch i could use one :lol: maybe she can teach me something :shock: i can even learn from a good rabbit dog :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

reddog1 wrote:I'm sure they do. When SR Patch, Budd Glyshaw, and myself were looking for his Bubblegum dog, we had an encounter with a Lynx. Their main diet us Hare. We never did find the dog and personally I think the Wolves got her.

Oh I forgot there are no wolves on Drummond. :roll:

I checked the post just like ya said. I CAN BE STUPID BUT THINK I READ IT RIGHT
did you mean (us ) as in people..ferther defanition.. human? this is how it sounds rocket scientist... I JUST NEVER HERD OF (US) BEING THERE MAIN DIET

just like you ment (hare) as in (rabbit )right
THE FACT THAT YOU FEEL SO THREATEND IS WHAT ? ME ;)

its ok to be wrong i have been know to be wrong before too.. :cool: :cool: if you want ferther education lessons.. I CAN HOLD A SPECIAL CLASS FOR YA they will be 3 dollars a hour, and lessons are givin while we run dogs in the woods :lol: i could probably make somewhat of a teacher out of you yet...SO YOU COULD EDUCATE THEM STUPID FELLAS. :lol:

DEA

Post by DEA »

Ya know chappy. I love to sit by a fire and have a cold one and talk dogs with people that have been doing it longer and know more thanI do andI have done so withred dog andswamp man along with many others over the years andI have learned from every one of them andI didn't find one that was stupid. My point isI may be the stupid one or wasting my time with these guys causeI'm getting thee ideathat's u are the smartest guy on this site. Oh and by the wayI willl also be up there at the same time we could sit down have a beer talk dogs and maybe even discuss how to treat people???? Sound like fun

fulcount

Post by fulcount »

Chapko
Is your spelling really as bad as it looks or are you just joking around
I've never seen such bad spelling for as smart an individual as you are

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

dea i no how to treat people.. infact i have many that look up too me.. favors for days if i ever decided to cash the in.. i am considered a very well respected person.. most love me or hate me more love than hate...... i was brought up to have thick skin, and exspect everyone to have skin like me..

this board is the only place my integerity is ever questioned and only because NONE of you really know me....if you did you would think different i am sure....

i show you the side of me i want you to see

john o
some people are really smart at acting stupid....people like to pick on the stupid guy....one might make others think he is stupid just to see who picks at him... in return he might chose to make the them look stupid..... :bash:

some of the richest men i have ever known. were really smart at acting stupid and lived so simple that everyone else thought they were poor... :nod:

i spent most of my life with very wise old men that tought me what it takes to servive in this evil world.. how to treat people RIGHT. to help others in need,and thows who cant help ther self.... i am just what most of you old boys call a young buck.. i just sliped in your bachlor group and learned from several other big bucks... :nod: :nod: :nod:

as far as your question on my spelling what you see is what you get... :nod: it is that bad...this is my weekness i could change that i sapose.. i could get hooked on phonix or something... i failed to want to learn the first 5 years of school. for various reasons. i just did enough to pass nothing more. never did homework a day in my life and graduated with a 3.9 gpa.. spelling dose not change my i.q. much.... i tell you this as the first five years of school is where you learned to spell....

as far as my intelligance dont let the wolf in sheeps skin fool ya :bigsmile: :nod:

Mark T

Post by Mark T »

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt".
Mark Twain

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

well i tell you this i can out shoot mark twain..

i dont quote others
i say my own $hit :roll:

Two Big

Post by Two Big »

Why don't you guys use all the effort that you are wasting on each other and educate some of the people that the HSUS is buying free dinners and tell them that we really do need to harvest a few of those "cute" wolves. If the HSUS get enough signatures from these people the new law to have a wolf season in Michigan will go to a vote and we may very well loose the only legal way we have to keep this growing population of wolves in check.

Aaron Bartlett
Site Admin

Post by Aaron Bartlett »

Please excuse Chapko everyone. He is in time out trying to figure out how to have a civil discussion without threatening someone and hopefully brushing up on either his typing or spelling skills. Carry on!
This is the second person I have deactivated in a week and I'm beginning to like it... Who is next? :lol:
Crane Creek Kennels

rabbit chaser

Post by rabbit chaser »

Aaron Bartlett wrote:Please excuse Chapko everyone. He is in time out trying to figure out how to have a civil discussion without threatening someone and hopefully brushing up on either his typing or spelling skills. Carry on!
This is the second person I have deactivated in a week and I'm beginning to like it... Who is next? :lol:
thank god :dance: ...ive never seen a person completely derail as many posts as he has. :bash: :bash: :bash:
Thumper Jumpin Kennels-home of:
Thumper Jumpin Luck-E-Colt
Thumper Jumpin Lil Terror on Paws
Behne's oopsie daisy
Behne's lady

bill (flint river )

Post by bill (flint river ) »

Aaron Bartlett wrote:Please excuse Chapko everyone. He is in time out trying to figure out how to have a civil discussion without threatening someone and hopefully brushing up on either his typing or spelling skills. Carry on!

how about u go into the for sale section and clean up the guys screwing with people sales.

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

+1 bill !
TheJohnBirchSociety