UP Micigan Hare populations

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

fulcount

Re: UP Micigan Hare populations

Post by fulcount »

Good move AAron

Aaron Bartlett
Site Admin

Post by Aaron Bartlett »

bill (flint river ) wrote:
Aaron Bartlett wrote:Please excuse Chapko everyone. He is in time out trying to figure out how to have a civil discussion without threatening someone and hopefully brushing up on either his typing or spelling skills. Carry on!
This is the second person I have deactivated in a week and I'm beginning to like it... Who is next? :lol:

how about u go into the for sale section and clean up the guys screwing with people sales.
How about you trying the reporting feature or better yet sending a pm letting someone know???? :bozo: If you think the admins read every single post that is made every single day your crazy. Actually the first person I deactivated this week was someone who was causing issues on the Adult Beagles Classifieds forum so your complaint may already be taken care of.
Crane Creek Kennels

Cooz's Beagles

Post by Cooz's Beagles »

Just seen on the news Michigan UP wolf hunt start November 15 I think you can still get licenses . For everyone wanting to do their peice in eliminating the wolves get in on this. ;)

-----------
Cooz's Beagles
Kristina Cusimano

Two Big

Post by Two Big »

Michigan wolf hunting license went on sale here in Michigan Saturday 9/28/13. In two hours the 1200 available license were sold. To everyone who purchased a license "Good Job" and I hope everyone has a successful hunt. Shoot straight!!!!

Budd

Post by Budd »

Last week 3 bear hounds were killed less then 2 miles from were Jim's group got hit.

Pine Ridge Beagles

Post by Pine Ridge Beagles »

What area was that,i leave for the UP in 18 days.

Budd

Post by Budd »

Same area as JCM's dogs got killed, trout lake area.

Budd

Post by Budd »

T LEE

Post by T LEE »

2barrel wrote:Any word on Hare numbers this year in UP Michigan compared to last few years?

Hare populations are good in the U.P. We had No problems finding them. Seven of us spent a week up there. Ran a total of 41 Beagles ( Not at the same time) All returned home Safe. We ran the Trout Lake area 3 days , Rexton a couple of times , Eppofette and the Brefort (sp) area also. We saw Wolf tracks nearly every location we went. Had Zero problems with Wolves.

I say go and have fun. Be alert. Anything can happen when running beagles regardless of location. I felt as safe in the U.P. as running here at home.

Troy

bluecollar beagler

Post by bluecollar beagler »

were leaving on the 2nd. glad someone had a good report!

mowhawk madman

Post by mowhawk madman »

We had a good trip. Was plenty o hare there. If a wolf was to get one....they died running n not sittin in the kennel. Just how I looked at it. Dont wanna lose a dog ever. Wolves or not mine hit the ground up there and got all they wanted n then some!