cleaning concrete runs

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

DAN LANG

cleaning concrete runs

Post by DAN LANG »

..I have been using bleech....pine sol....to clean the concrete runs........I was watching some home improvement show the other day and they used something concrete that neutralized the uric acid...urine.........
what does everyone use to clean concrete..

BCBeagles

Re: cleaning concrete runs

Post by BCBeagles »

Try Creolin, disinfectant and odor Neutralizer.

GOOD STUFF!!!

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Tractor supply has it, sorry forgo to mention that.

Mix it up in a sprayer or in a bucket and brush the concrete. I sprayed my kennels about a month back and it DRAMATICALLY cut down on the urine odor.

We have had a super wet year so that smell has been strong. I tried lime and bleach and no where near the effect of Creolin.

Good luck!!

Frank Pinker

Post by Frank Pinker »

Dan,
I use the Wysi wash system from Okie dog supply or Lion Country it uses like a chlorine tablet and hooks up to a garden hose I thinks it works great.
Frank

Bigboy kennel

Post by Bigboy kennel »

I use bleach and lime. Works good for me
Phil Walls Jr

bfoster

Post by bfoster »

Bigboy kennel wrote:I use bleach and lime. Works good for me
Same here, bleach and lime.

I also poor my dip barrel down the concrete and into the drain as well as put some into a sprayer and spay the area. It's a good use of the old dip and keeps the flying critters down.

Skint Back

Post by Skint Back »

If u want to have a smell free Concret pens then get u some magnolia floor sealer and seal the Concret. It comes in a 5 gallon bucket and poor out and use a paint roller and roll it in. And what's nice about it is that it's clear so u still have ur natural Concret look. The sealer seals the Concret and does not let the uren get into the poors of the Concret so n bad smell.

begles

Post by begles »

clean the concrette good and aply concrette stain. comes in many colors. all that is left is hose it off every day and no smell.

DAN LANG

Post by DAN LANG »

....I have used creolin for years...and bleach.......

...can you seal concrete at this point...been down a long time ????..........

Chris Hornick

Post by Chris Hornick »

I think you can seal concrete if it hasn't already been sealed. I used a product from Chemmasters in Ohio. (They have a very informative website, http://www.chemmasters.net). I clean with Odoban. Dilute the concentrate in a pump up sprayer and apply, then I wash it with water. I used bleach for a long time but chlorine leaves a strong smell of its own. My vet said the proper dilution for bleach is 1:23. Odoban says it kills 99% of bacteria and can be purchased in 2 different scents.

mundellm

Post by mundellm »

This time of year walmart has the pool shock on sale. 1 bag per 5 gallon bucket kills pretty much everything. Pour it on an let it sit awhile. I stock up now for the next year