Have you done this before???

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Emma's Beagles

Have you done this before???

Post by Emma's Beagles »

Have you ever went and ran with a so called stud dog, world beater dog that you have. Heard was so good. What was the outcome. Was it what you expected or did they disappoint

Newt

Re: Have you done this before???

Post by Newt »

A few years back a buddy took his dog to run against an Association Champion. I was expecting a kick azz performance by this champion. It never happened. My buddy's dog got most of the checks and when they were hunting , looking for a rabbit, the Champion was following my buddies dog through the briars. I wouldn't have traded even.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Four different ones. Seen a few others at trials and they looked good as well, they were FCGD's or near that.

They all did a very nice job, no excuses, no BS, they performed. Did they walk on water, no, but they did what a rabbit dog is supposed to do.

One IFC, Two FCGD, and one GRHBCH. I would breed to any of the four and have bred to 2 of them so far.

bill (flint river )

Post by bill (flint river ) »

problem is some guys are scared to run them once they are finshed, so the hounds get rusty and out of shape. hard to blame the hounds if they are not getting ground time.

Bigboy kennel

Post by Bigboy kennel »

Have ran with a few. A couple where everything they said. Most where no better than what I had on the ground. There was one or two that were jokes.
Phil Walls Jr

BEAGLEBLUES

Post by BEAGLEBLUES »

My question is, how many times did you go with the big dog before you decided if it is great or sorry? I have had good dogs that make you look like the greatest trainer in the world one day, and a Podunk the next. Should the "big dog" look good everytime out? I am new to anything other than rabbit hunting. Any advice would be nice.

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

I'm very glad to been able to watch some nice FCGD's. Have been able to watch Fc Green Bay Shooter, FC Larsen Jackson, FC JohnL's Dock, FC Wookie, FCGD Kimbrel's Kick Em Kane. Seen several UKC Grands and Champs. Some LP champs and Grands. Some were better than others, but what I care most about studs are what they are producing more than how they run.

I decide whose a stud dog by what they produce with different bitches than how they run a rabbit...
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

bill (flint river ) wrote:problem is some guys are scared to run them once they are finshed, so the hounds get rusty and out of shape. hard to blame the hounds if they are not getting ground time.

Bill that is 100% true, a lot of guys don't want to lose the future of their kennel
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Twenty years ago I got out of the tree dogs and back into beagles.I was told about I.F.C.Maravic's Blue Ninja and went and watched him and his littermate sisters Mimi and Missy run at several different trials.They performed as advertised every time.
Got to see Branko's One Tuff Ombre' one of the times he won the Large Pack Nationals and he looked real good that day.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

drifter22no1

Post by drifter22no1 »

I had a guy (someone I consider a friend) drive all the way up from Tennessee and took his dog out and my dog out. I have never and will never claim to have the best hunter in the world but he will hold his own with any dog any where any time but that day I wouldn't have driven 10 miles to see him run. He looked worse than I have ever seen him look, go figure. No excuses he just didn't hunt even half like he normally does, don't know why but he didn't. I will say this for him though, he has been so good to me I will accept the bad days with the good, and if he has one now and then I'll understand. He has always accepted me on my bad days and I've sure had more than he has had.
Jonah Staten
"Walkem when you have to and Catchem when you can"

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Hey Jonah------Love you brother!
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

drifter22no1

Post by drifter22no1 »

;) :D
Jonah Staten

TBrabbitman

Post by TBrabbitman »

thats no excuse you need to cut him now jonnah, i will be there first thing in the morning to pick him up for ya no need to thank me just helping out a friend.
workin
for the man
Huntin when i
can

drifter22no1

Post by drifter22no1 »

Always knew I could count on you Terry!!!
Jonah Staten

hskennels69

Post by hskennels69 »

Ole Sam might have a bad day now and again but he's a MACHINE......I have a 10 month old Blue male I'll put down with ANYTHING....They better have TONS of foot and LINE CONTROL and SUPREME HUNT or this pup will STROKE them....I'm not a big male dog guy but he's one AWESOME pup!!!!! :check: DOG extraordinaire
Home of:
LP R. CH. UKC DUAL CH. PKC SILVER CHAMPION OLD DIRTY SOUTH PLAYBOY
H&S MUSTANG SALLY