lines with extreme hunt

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

sammiller03

lines with extreme hunt

Post by sammiller03 »

i would like to hear opinions on what lines of dogs generally have extreme hunt..Im talking the kind of dogs under brush piles on there sides tring to tear themselves to pieces just trying to get a rabbit out. I have seen a few like this but they are far from the norm.. just wondered what everyone else has seen out there.

thanks

sam
Millers Old Line Kennel
Grantsville, Md.

east80kennels

Re: lines with extreme hunt

Post by east80kennels »

all different kinds out there u got reggie, shooter, primetime, northway branko, ur just gonna have to get out try different ones and see what you like. every man on here or woman is gonna have 10,000 million oppinions on what works and what dont.. its kinda like car buying try em b4 you buy em!!!!! just remember that saying right there you cant never go wrong!! :nod: :nod: :biggrin:

sammiller03

Post by sammiller03 »

i know there are going to be 1000 differnt responses to this . i was trying to see if there are dogs out there that more often than not produce a dog that will go head first into a brush pile instead of sticking there nose in and moving on or just going around it.
Millers Old Line Kennel
Grantsville, Md.

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

I got 3 young hounds from different lines all 3 hunt Extremly well----T-Rex of course-Ky Lucky-Hustler, which is dexter reffits line.If i could say one hunts any harder? Reffits Ky Mtn Husstler has a slight edge, i mean do whatever it takes to get under thick nasty cover edge with 0 regard for there body. Tickled to death with all 3.... As far as smoking a rabbit? Now that another post. :bigsmile:
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

PREACHERS KENNEL

Post by PREACHERS KENNEL »

patch is all that comes to mind with exteme hunt
ACTS 2:38=repent,baptised in the name of jesus christ,receive the holy ghost!

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Several young hounds off of Mt St. Blue Bud, need NO help in the hunt department. Ole Bud doesn't either, goes looking!!!

high ridge joe

Post by high ridge joe »

Wier creek....Boggy Holler......anything from red river bruce line....

Dark Holler Beagles

Post by Dark Holler Beagles »

For me Linebred Woodstock Granppy - tons of hunt and can smoke a rabbit.
Brad D
Dark Holler Beagles

Lone Pine Beagles

Post by Lone Pine Beagles »

As far as an entire line is concerned.... weir creek always hunt hard!

Kick em up Kane and J-Dell have some weir creek blood.

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

sammiller03 wrote:i would like to hear opinions on what lines of dogs generally have extreme hunt..Im talking the kind of dogs under brush piles on there sides tring to tear themselves to pieces just trying to get a rabbit out. I have seen a few like this but they are far from the norm.. just wondered what everyone else has seen out there.

I'd rather know who is breeding jump dogs. Hounds that dont have to tear up every brush pile, they know before the other dogs do if ones in there or not without having even stuck their nose in there. The type of hound you speak of would be my 2nd choice.
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

sammiller03

Post by sammiller03 »

I had a patch female that hunted on a run like a bird dog. She was a jump dog and I really miss her. Seems like there are a lot of dogs that can really run a rabbit out there but the hunt is lacking. Just trying to see if there's something I might be missing out on. Currently my dogs are patch branko with some Mr bill blood..I'm happy with them but a dog can never have to much hunt..
Millers Old Line Kennel
Grantsville, Md.

rabbitearl

Post by rabbitearl »

Likeemfast,I think its just luck to have one of them.The best one I ve ever seen was a mix up bird dog, man that dog could find them.Then maybe 20 years later I got one.Like you say.That dog did not hunt hard.But wind a rabbit in its bed.They were the good old days. This last pack I had was good at it.Wright line ozzie.I ve heard good thing about weir creek dogs.

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

Tadpole line... Glomski's Little Skipper throws tons of hunt and jump ability. So does Kick Em up Kane
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

2500 HD

Post by 2500 HD »

Bramlett

PREACHERS KENNEL

Post by PREACHERS KENNEL »

i have seen 4 true jump dogs in my whole life i owned 3 of those ..many dont even have aclue what a real jump dog is ....

wish i onwed one now but i have 6 that will sure hunt hard and find u a bunny ..
ACTS 2:38=repent,baptised in the name of jesus christ,receive the holy ghost!