Garmin Alpha Locking up

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

beaglenutz

Garmin Alpha Locking up

Post by beaglenutz »

Anyone out there besides me that is having an issue with the handheld freezing up and shutting down!
Garmin replaced my handheld because of this problem and now the new one does the same thing.
Garmin also told me I was the only one with this problem!!
It seems to lock up shortly after i tone dogs and switch screens.

Thanks

BCBeagles

Re: Garmin Alpha Locking up

Post by BCBeagles »

My has froze up three times and then slowly fades out. It then resets and all data is gone.

I have been meaning to call them, but haven't got around to it.

beaglenutz

Post by beaglenutz »

BCBeagles, PLEASE call them on it.
They wont build a case on it to fix the problem until enough people have same problems!
Thanks

Budd

Post by Budd »

glad I haven't had that issue
Last edited by Budd on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

I will call them in the next day or so.

What number is the quickest to service?
Thanks!!

Budd

Post by Budd »

Hope they get it fixed for you.
Last edited by Budd on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

I never need a tracker until I need a tracker.
Now if I just wanted a gameboy in my pocket to play with this would be ok, but how do you justify so much money for something that you can't rely on when needed?

Would be interesting is they had a simulator website that you could go to and set up a system and practice tracking a couple of make-believe hounds with collars. This would be a big seller advertizing gimmick that would get people interested and make them more comfortable in purchasing and using a unit...imho... :nod:

PREACHERS KENNEL

Post by PREACHERS KENNEL »

sr i wouldnt turn a dog loose without one ..i dont have the alpha but i have a 320 with 1 dc 30 2 dc 40;s and 3 dc 50;s .. love it took it to drummond made belivers out of chuck and cojax ..
ACTS 2:38=repent,baptised in the name of jesus christ,receive the holy ghost!

beaglenutz

Post by beaglenutz »

Thank you BCBeagles! The number I use is 800-800-1020. I talked to them again today and he said to have everyone I know with the problem call. Since i bought one I would never run without some kind of tracking device either. If you lose a couple of dogs to traffic or a thief or have hours and hours hunting for them you have paid for it! IMO My unit keeps tracking even when it locks up and all I loose is distance and average speed when turned back on. The system is awesome otherwise!

packmaster

Post by packmaster »

Ive had my unit do the exact same thing twice now.I will call them in the am.

Cooz's Beagles

Post by Cooz's Beagles »

I've had my system 'shutddown' several times now, and while it is annoying the unit saved my butt several times and it is such convenience that the old shock collars can't even compete. When it shuts down I just turn if back on and it works fine sometimes it deletes my miles back to 0. Like I said though, despite this one flaw, I wouldn't run without one.

Kristina Cusimano
Cooz's Beagle

trumbo'sbeagles

Post by trumbo'sbeagles »

I have had mine for a couple months now it has done the same thing a few times. A buddy of mine has one an has had no problems.

Budd

Post by Budd »

trumbo'sbeagles wrote:I have had mine for a couple months now it has done the same thing a few times. A buddy of mine has one an has had no problems.
Do you or your buddy have birdseye downloaded and how much?

beaglenutz

Post by beaglenutz »

Sure sounds like there are a few more out there with issues other than just mine! Lol
They sent me an e-mail with another fix it download! The only difference I seen with this is they wanted me to master reset my collars also. I haven't had a chance to test yet to see if that fixed it.

cris axtell/coal hill ken

Post by cris axtell/coal hill ken »

Bud I have the birdseye in my 320 and i love it. I want to lay the map card over top of it so i can see the roads and waterways better. Trees cover them in the birdseye. $30 a year but you can download a lot in a year. I filled a 32 gig card got half of PA and half of Ohio. You can fill as many cards as you need and change them out.
COAL HILL KENNELS. LP GR CH Coal Hill's Brush Buster. 2014 PA state champion LP GR CH Coal Hill's Mama Cass. 2010 PA state champion LP R CH GR BCH Coal Hill's Princess Willow HOG DOG POWER!!!!