beagle shot

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

PREACHERS KENNEL

beagle shot

Post by PREACHERS KENNEL »

my friend was rabbit hunting the other day ,its a big field about 80 acres but woodsare connected to it no teelling how many acres that is .. but he heard his dog running then a boom ...his dog was shot ... the guy shot him took off his shocking collar beat it to death.. the called him and told him he did it ,, then brought him his dogs collar .. wow ,, turns out the boy was 13 hunting with a high powered rifle by hisself .shot the dog because he was afriad the dog was gonna run off the deer. he is supposed to meet the boy and his father tomorow and they are gonna pay him for his dog and his collar ,, hes getting off light if u ask me .
ACTS 2:38=repent,baptised in the name of jesus christ,receive the holy ghost!

Tsa la gi

Re: beagle shot

Post by Tsa la gi »

That boy needs to go before a judge, animal control and have his ass beat till he cain`t sit down for a long time. His Dad needs to go before a judge and be fined so that it hurts his pocket book snd have his guns given to your buddy.

Hwy 30 kennels

Post by Hwy 30 kennels »

That's way I do not let my dogs out in gun season for deer just asking for trouble. Who owns the land where the dog got shot..

rabbitatfarm

Post by rabbitatfarm »

Yup! Safer to keep dogs kenneled during deer season, at least gun season. Our season lasts from Oct. 1 to Jan. 1 for archery with a two week gun season, a muzzleloader, and a late gun season. I don't run dogs during gun season even on my own land partly out of respect for the deer hunters around me but mostly because of the safety issue. It's illegal to kill a dog here, even one on a deer chase. Only CO's can kill dogs. Doesn't mean others don't, it's just not legal. This kid and his dad should lose his hunting privileges for a coupe of years. He can pay for the dog and collar but he can't give the owner back the time he spent training the dog.
LP R Ch Quick Strike Go Go Boots
LP R Ch Quick Strike Big Red

bigcfromrbc

Post by bigcfromrbc »

That's insane. Kids really need to be taught better. I'm surprised that he's even getting his money for the dog.

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

:angryfire:
TheJohnBirchSociety

begles

Post by begles »

you need to sue his dad for all expences spent on training that dog. food gas time housing dog food meds. exc. get the price way up there.

rabbit chaser

Post by rabbit chaser »

Tsa la gi wrote:That boy needs to go before a judge, animal control and have his ass beat till he cain`t sit down for a long time. His Dad needs to go before a judge and be fined so that it hurts his pocket book snd have his guns given to your buddy.
:nod: :nod: nothing like turning a 13 year old loose with a high powered rifle when he obviously don't know what he's doing out there. I blame the parents as much as I do him for being to stupid to realize that!! :bash:
Thumper Jumpin Kennels-home of:
Thumper Jumpin Luck-E-Colt
Thumper Jumpin Lil Terror on Paws
Behne's oopsie daisy
Behne's lady

Newt

Post by Newt »

I believe I would call the game warden and have him with me when the meeting takes place. The boy/parents should pay a fine and have the boys hunting privileges revoked for a few years.

Crow

Post by Crow »

Preacher did this take place in Tennessee. There are legal consequences to intentionally killing a sporting dog. Also if his dog was PKC registered they will get involved if notified to help pursue this. I have some good contacts with TWRA, let me know.

PREACHERS KENNEL

Post by PREACHERS KENNEL »

yes took place in tenn on a wma . i told a game wraden they hadnt heard of it for some reason this is being hush hush ..was a grade dog . the guy is a dog trader he probably didnt have much time in him but still his dog ..the boy had no right to shoot it ,, the dog had just a smuch right to be therer as him..

i am not gonna let deer hunters keep me out of the woods . most the deer hunters around here like me .. i keep the deer flushed out of the fields for them. i actually get request can u come hunt over here while i deer hunt in the woods gotta love it . if they shoot my dog ,,it would not be good ...i better be prayed up that day or i could give out a free tae kwon doe lesson ;lol..
ACTS 2:38=repent,baptised in the name of jesus christ,receive the holy ghost!

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

Unbelievable that he owned up to it.
Mine got out and was running a rabbit my neighbors said and the deer hunters shot her right behind my house.
I never knew who did it and never found Rocket or her collar.
Martial arts Didn't know you did that !!! Way to go.

Will05

Post by Will05 »

That is Horrible!!! I am glad to see the boy owned up to it but i will say this....Thats what happens when we spare the rod with our children...they have no idea what a true consequence is!!!! If i would have done something like this at 13 my father would have put a whoopin on me that most couldnt even imagine!!!!
Wsullivan777@gmail.com
Home of :
Sullivan's Sadie MaePatch
Sullivan's MollyPatch

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

I have considered making random shots while walking with my dogs just so any other hunter knows I am there when I hunt CA areas.
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

bodetis

Post by bodetis »

no way i would be hunting or running during rifle season. i deer and rabbit hunt and i have a lot of money and time into my deer huunting also, so i know if any dog stray or rabbit messes up my hunt, not sayen i would but i would probaly want to shoot one myself. just not smart . but also agree a 13 year old should not be turned on his own with a high powered rifle!!!! most places you get 3 months of rabbit hunting , why chance it